Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Thank you to Rob and Irina (pictured) for being such nice hosts to me whenever I go down there. I thought I looked much better in the mirror than in the pictures, but the lighting was a little different at that angle and I noticed that the pictures were a little blury - Irina took the comparisons
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    5 weeks out from the AC pro, weighed 216.0 this morning. I went down to Apollon Gym to work with Big Sean Allan on posing for the North Americans in three weeks. This guy is a mountain of muscle, and if he polishes up his presentation I think he could finally get his pro card. I also wanted the opportunity to practice posing with someone so big next to me so that I'm not completely overwhelmed on the pro stage. We also trained back after posing practice.

Thank you to Rob and Irina (pictured) for being such nice hosts to me whenever I go down there. I thought I looked much better in the mirror than in the pictures, but the lighting was a little different at that angle and I noticed that the pictures were a little blury -Irina took these

I've been gradually cutting things out of the diet, like no more Intravol/NO2 during the workouts, down to 1 scoop whey PWO, and no more PB in my 2 A.M. shake.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• douggiefresh
    replied
    Originally posted by chrismac365 View Post
    Tim, Throw 'em up!

Everyone, Tim is a funny guy in that he is very critical of himself, but that is what has brought him IFBB Status.

Everyone listen to me, Tim is close to shredded and is almost 220lbs. He has focus like no one else and is without doubt the best all natural guy (100%) I have ever come across. I really think he will do some damage at the AC show.

Tim 35 days and counting bro!
    Tim, you look great in the pics!!! Nice work. You have really come a long long way since April, May, June and it shows. Seems that you have been progressing through these months without loosing any size and just getting shredded. Sucks you guys won't be at World anymore, going to be alot of people missing the inspiration. As for Chris, talk about being shredded, you looked incredible the other day at the gym, was amazed by the size and cut of your back, keep up the good work Chris! The two of you guys are truely genetic freaks! That and hard work has really come a long way for the two of you.

Can't wait until the AC show the two of you guys are going to bring down the house, going to be a great show. Count me in.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Thanks for the compliment Chris. Having a training partner who understands the passion and commitment required to succeed in this sport is something I am thankful for, and I guarantee that you will also do damage at the TU.

Here is a phone-pic backstage yesterday with 300 lb. guest poser Sean Allen, one week removed from the USA's.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• chrismac365
    replied
    Tim, Throw 'em up!

Everyone, Tim is a funny guy in that he is very critical of himself, but that is what has brought him IFBB Status.

Everyone listen to me, Tim is close to shredded and is almost 220lbs. He has focus like no one else and is without doubt the best all natural guy (100%) I have ever come across. I really think he will do some damage at the AC show.

Tim 35 days and counting bro!

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Chris and I expedited a New Jersey NPC show today, so in the afternoon we hit up Apollon and took some pics. I won't post any of Chris without his permission, but he flat out smoked me! I'm sitting at 218 lbs., and although I feel I've improved over the last week I still have a LONG way to go.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Hyde
    replied
    Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
    I just do a four day split and keep repeating it. When I take a day off the following workout is simply the next one in the rotation. Listen to your body and take days off when you feel it's necessary.
    Thanks Tim!!! I feel 10x better today after i took yesterday off. I think im gonna stick to 4 days with weights, 5 days max. I use to be able to train 5-6 days with no problem but i wasnt lifting any where near as heavy. I have to factor in the beating my CNS takes after heavy deads, squats, rows ect.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Tim i was wondering what your 6 day split looks like. I've been running mine like this but im starting to feel run down a bit. I would like to train 6 days and take sunday/refeed day off.

Back/Traps
    Chest/Abs
    Deadlifts/Hams/Calves
    Delts/Traps/Abs
    Quads/Calves
    Bis/Tris/Abs
    OFF

I felt really run down today so i skiped deadlift/hams/calves days. Im gonna have to do hams with quads and skips deads this weeks. I doubled up on cardio though so it wasnt a total wash.
    I just do a four day split and keep repeating it. When I take a day off the following workout is simply the next one in the rotation. Listen to your body and take days off when you feel it's necessary.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Hyde
    replied
    Tim i was wondering what your 6 day split looks like. I've been running mine like this but im starting to feel run down a bit. I would like to train 6 days and take sunday/refeed day off.

Back/Traps
    Chest/Abs
    Deadlifts/Hams/Calves
    Delts/Traps/Abs
    Quads/Calves
    Bis/Tris/Abs
    OFF

I felt really run down today so i skiped deadlift/hams/calves days. Im gonna have to do hams with quads and skips deads this weeks. I doubled up on cardio though so it wasnt a total wash.

Leave a comment:

• douggiefresh
    replied
    Tim,

World Gym misses you. Couldn't you have taken the loud counter guy with you to your gym?

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by dpd555 View Post
    My experience exactly! I actually prefer a few plates of sushi over ice cream

Looking great Tim. Excited to see you compete on the IFBB pro stage
    Thanks Dom - see you in NYC. I had an order of breadsticks and half a deep dish supreme pizza. Last year I could finish a whole pie, but after four slices I was disgusted with myself! I think I'll stick with sushi from now on...

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Hyde
    replied
    I actually waited a long time this year until I felt I needed it. Remember with any diet that nothing is written in stone and you have to listen to your body. This doesn't mean eating Twizzlers and donuts, but I think too many people get caught up believing every diet that comes along is the "magic pill" that's going to finally rip them up, when in reality it's the sustained caloric deficit and increased caloric expenditure that will do it.

This past week I joined a gym much closer to my house enabling me to train every day if I wanted to. I'll probably lift six days per week helping me increase my total work volume and burn more calories. By the end of the week I was dragging, especially in the late afternoons at work, so on Saturday I planned a trip to Pizza Hut. Funny thing was that once there I didn't really enjoy the crappy food that much, so I think my "re-feed" meals from here on out will be much more nutritious but still high in carbs.

What do you take down at Pizza Hut?

Leave a comment:

• dpd555
    replied
    Funny thing was that once there I didn't really enjoy the crappy food that much, so I think my "re-feed" meals from here on out will be much more nutritious but still high in carbs.
    My experience exactly! I actually prefer a few plates of sushi over ice cream

Looking great Tim. Excited to see you compete on the IFBB pro stage

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    When your doing a keto diet do you wait 2 weeks before your first refeed??
    I actually waited a long time this year until I felt I needed it. Remember with any diet that nothing is written in stone and you have to listen to your body. This doesn't mean eating Twizzlers and donuts, but I think too many people get caught up believing every diet that comes along is the "magic pill" that's going to finally rip them up, when in reality it's the sustained caloric deficit and increased caloric expenditure that will do it.

This past week I joined a gym much closer to my house enabling me to train every day if I wanted to. I'll probably lift six days per week helping me increase my total work volume and burn more calories. By the end of the week I was dragging, especially in the late afternoons at work, so on Saturday I planned a trip to Pizza Hut. Funny thing was that once there I didn't really enjoy the crappy food that much, so I think my "re-feed" meals from here on out will be much more nutritious but still high in carbs.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Hyde
    replied
    When your doing a keto diet do you wait 2 weeks before your first refeed??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X