Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
    Trained at the famous Diamond Gym this morning. Talk about a no-frills, hard core, blasting music old-school gym that is always good for motivation. No make-up wearing girls, no guys who bounce from machine to machine between never ending dialogue, and no stares from the peanut gallery. I wish it were closer to my house!

Hell yea man Diamond Gym is one of the last hardcore gyms left...im lucky enough that I only live like 10 min away...Tim you should come down more often!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shulk View Post
      How much cardio do you typically do about four weeks out up until the show?
      I keep it at one hour from about 12 week out all the way to the show. Last year I did 20-30 minutes all off-season, but this year I've actually taken about the past two months off. I was on a mission last year to "leave no doubt" at the TU after 2007 when I thought I should have won my class, but to be honest this year I've felt a bit burned out. In the end it might be a good thing, because in a few weeks I'm flying out to take "before" pictures for a supplement company, and then can go full bore for a contest in September.
      https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve56 View Post
        Hell yea man Diamond Gym is one of the last hardcore gyms left...im lucky enough that I only live like 10 min away...Tim you should come down more often!
        Yeah Steve, I like that place.

Comment

• Tim,

What do you use to carb up with before a contest?

Shane

Comment

• ShaneH - I copied this from a previous post:

Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post

Here's what I did, I'm assuming this keto final week approach is common knowledge. The main thing with any system is to have complete faith in the program. I had Vinnie Galanti tell me exactly what he did, and I'll tell you exactly what I did.

Two weeks out I cut all fat for three days (I already wasn't eating carbs on this diet). This is supposed to shed the final bit of fat from your body. I'll tell you that I felt absolutely horrible during those three days, I can't say if it was all physical or partly psycological. The next three days I returned to the normal keto diet. The next three day rotation I was supposed to eliminate fat again, but I didn't for three reasons: I did not notice any noticeable change in my conditioning, I felt horrible, and I think it takes my body a little longer than most to fill back out, so I stayed on the normal keto diet, and even included my normal "re-feed" cheat meal on Saturday (one week out). Since the contest was Friday night, I started a very mild carb load on Wednesday which consisted of three cups (cooked) white rice throughout the day. Thursday was a repeat of Wednesday, also making sure to keep my water and Sodium high, by high I mean my normal high with sea salt on all my meals and drinking a good amount of water (Crystal Light for me). Friday morning my first two meal were four whole eggs with 1 cup of white rice (cooked). Then about 11:00 A.M. I had one rice cake with one tablespoon natural peanut butter every half hour, and only sipped water if I needed to. I know for me that I pee a lot when I'm nervous, so this was plenty of time to dry out a little without flattening out. Friday night after prejudging I had a nice greasy diner breakfast (omelette, hashbrowns, and bacon) and drank plenty of water, then Saturday I simply repeated Friday's schedule.

Last year for my five contests I only carbed up late Friday night before Saturday morning prejudgings. By starting a very moderate carb up on Wednesay I was able to fill out a little more this year, and my weight at weigh-in on Thursday was seven pounds more than last year. I do think I've added some size over the past year with the changes I made all off season with cardio, diet, and training, but think that the earlier carb load had an effect as well.

Comment

• Tim,

Do you feel cardio this offseason has increased your appetite and helped you to stay lean and gain quality weight? Also, a seperate question...after a show how long will you pig out?

Comment

Tim,

Do you feel cardio this offseason has increased your appetite and helped you to stay lean and gain quality weight? Also, a seperate question...after a show how long will you pig out?
                I definitely feel offseason cardio helps keep your appetite high. As a matter of fact I had stopped cardio for about 3 months and I found it hard to get my meals in. Even though I reached the same offseason weight (235#) as last year, my body composition was worse without daily cardio. I'm back to my 30 minutes daily, as well as eating keto for a "before" photo shoot next week up in Toronto for Muscletech/Six Star.

Comment

• Tim, in a previous post you said that you used Jan Tana and Dream Tan #2. So does that mean for a saturday show you would do Jan Tana on say Friday and then when would you put on Dream Tan #2, before you step onstage? Because I hear Dream Tan runs so would you apply it each time you step on stage?

Comment

Tim, in a previous post you said that you used Jan Tana and Dream Tan #2. So does that mean for a saturday show you would do Jan Tana on say Friday and then when would you put on Dream Tan #2, before you step onstage? Because I hear Dream Tan runs so would you apply it each time you step on stage?
                    For a Saturday show I would do 2-3 coats of Jan Tana Hi-Definition color Friday night and one more Saturday morning. Then backstage I would apply the Dream Tan #2, but only a thin coat! I've seen so many guys come out looking like they were dipped in bronze - you don't need much at all. Then each time I stepped on stage that day I would apply another THIN touch-up coat (pre-judge, posing round, awards, maybe more if you cross over).

Another tip: When ordering just order the bottle, not the kit, you don't need the moisturizer. I just ordered some because I'm actually flying to Muscletech in Toronto today for some photos and they sent me the bottle, the skin prep, and the buff-pad (important).

Comment

• Thought I'd share my experience going up to Iovate (Muscletech, Six Star, Muscle Asylum Project, Cytogenics) in Toronto. First, traveling sucks as my flight up there was delayed four hours and I didn't arrive until 1:00 A.M. Friday morning. I was really impressed with the Iovate facility. This is a company that absolutely caters to bodybuilders. They have about 250 people working there and were able to put on a company-only bodybuilding show last Monday with 50 contestants! Wouldn't it be fun to go to work Monday morning and get on stage while you're at work! The cafeteria has chefs make your food to order, and you can get your Nitro-tech RTD's out of a vending machine for free, same with the Nitro-tech and Meso-tech bars. The photo shoot ran smoothly, as they have an on sight studio. I was less than thrilled posing in off season condition, but these pictures were for a before and after ad. After the pictures (and a few meals in the cafeteria) I worked out in their gym located right on premises, which in my opinion blows most commercial gyms out of the water, including 225 lb. dumbells! I just couldn't believe how many serious fitness enthusiasts were working out during their lunch hour. I have to say that I was treated really well and look forward to going up again in September.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• How many days out from a show do you guys typicaly have your last "true" workout? Lets not consider the deplete based workouts as real workouts since I do not really see them as such. When is your last day of cardio before a show as well?
                        MS - Human Sport Performance
                        NSCA - CPT, CSCS

Comment

• Originally posted by oregonpanthers View Post
                          How many days out from a show do you guys typicaly have your last "true" workout? Lets not consider the deplete based workouts as real workouts since I do not really see them as such. When is your last day of cardio before a show as well?
                          For me I try not to do legs after Sunday, but I lift usually through Wednesday or Thursday, and cardio 'til Thursday. My goal is not to have any muscle soreness which may cause water retention, but to still feel athletic and strong come show time.

I went to watch the NY Pro prejudging this morning. Guys who impressed me the most were Kevin English - FREAK, David Henry - ADDED THICKNESS, Eduardo Correa - AESTHETIC, CONDITIONED, SYMMETRICAL, Evan Centopani - REALLY BALANCED FOR A BIG GUY, JUST NEEDS A LITTLE MORE THIGH THICKNESS, Dennis James - IMPROVED WITH HIS SLIGHTLY SMALLER PACKAGE, and Tarek Elsetouhi - SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRST CALL OUT. I was cheering for Jose Raymond, who IMO should have been called with the second group, but was a little softer than usual with all his new mass. Right now I'm 80% sure I'll be competing in the Houston and Atlantic City shows at the end of the summer, but watching this show was a real wake up call that I've got a lot of work to do! My only goal is to not embarrass myself - I obviously don't care about the placings, and I think if I can come in with last year's conditioning I'll be OK.

Comment

• hello every one trying trying to cut down at the moment just finished bulking up and having some problems with my diet wondered if u guys could take a look .

iam 220 pounds (100kgs)
                            6.1 tall
                            about 14 % body fat
                            Food Serving size Cal Protein Carbs Fat

8 morning

5 crackers 165 3.5 22.5 7
                            two teaspoon of peanut butter 186 8 3 16
                            BSD Optim ise 30 117 24.6 1.7 1.3
                            11 mid morning
                            two teaspoon of peanut butter 15 186 8 6 16

1 lunch time
                            two teaspoon of peanut butter 15 186 8 3 16
                            chilli con carne 356 24.6 21 8.3
                            3 afternoon snack

4.3 preworkout

Banana 95 1.2 23.2 0.3
                            post workout
                            Waxy Maize Starch 160
                            1 teaspoon of olive oil 40 0 0 5
                            Main Meal

2 omega 3 eggs 180 12.6 0.5 14
                            2 turkey steaks 250 50 1
                            Pre bed

Total Output 2878 279.5 101.4 123.4

bsd optimise is a protein shake Blend comprising of Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Concentrate and Milk Protein Isolate just so it clear

any help from you guys would be really appreciated.

Comment

• YOU should start a new thread mate if you want help not high jack someone elses

Comment

• iam not high jacking the thread at all i was just simply asking for advice from an expert

Comment

Working...
                                X