Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dannyjamesdixon View Post
    iam not high jacking the thread at all i was just simply asking for advice from an expert
    First, you can only be an expert of your own body, and sometimes I even wonder about that. There is no "holy grail" when it comes to diet, it just takes trial and error. You're diet looks pretty sound, I would just replace some of your high glycemic carb sources with lower choices, especially in your meals away from your workouts. Even though crackers may be convenient you should choose something else.

Bodies change year to year, and what worked last year doesn't necessarily work this year. I've been dieting for about a month on the ketogenic diet, and although I've lost an appropriate amount of weight I'm not happy with my condition as compared with last year at the same weight. I'm going to switch my diet up for the next few weeks and then re-assess. Here's what I'm going to do:

DIET

6:30 A.M
    WHEY SHAKE 50 g protein, 3 g carb, 1 g fat
    ¼ CUP OATMEAL 2 g protein, 13 g carb, 1 g fat
    1 TBSP. PEANUT BUTTER 4 g protein, 3 g carb, 8 g fat
    TOTAL: 56 g protein, 19 g carb, 10 g fat
    9:00 A.M.
    6 OZ. CHICKEN 50 g protein, 0 g carb, 7 g fat
    ½ CUP BROWN RICE 2 g protein, 21 g carb, 1 g fat
    TOTAL: 56 g protein, 24 g carb, 16 g fat
    12:00 P.M.
    2:00 P.M.
    ½ CUP BROWN RICE 2 g protein, 21 g carb, 1 g fat
    SPINACH SALAD 2 g protein, 5 g carb, 14 g fat
    TOTAL: 54 g protein, 26 g carb, 22 g fat
    5:00 P.M.
    8:00 P.M. (POST WORKOUT)
    ½ WHEY SHAKE 25 g protein, 1 g carb, 1 g fat
    WAXY MAIZE 0 g protein, 30 g carb, 0 g fat
    TOTAL: 25 g protein, 31 g carb, 1 g fat
    9:00 P.M.
    SPINACH SALAD 2 g protein, 5 g carb, 14 g fat
    TOTAL: 52 g protein, 5 g carb, 21 g fat
    2:00 A.M.
    TOTAL: 54 g protein, 6 g carb, 9 g fat

DAILY TOTALS: 419 g protein, 148 g carb, 99 g fat
    TOTAL NON WORKOUT: 384 g protein, 121 g carb, 98 g fat

TOTAL CALORIES = 3054 CALORIES (WORKOUT)
    2902 CALORIES (NON-WORKOUT)

I used this for a few weeks last summer and was happy with it, although I may decrease the added fats (PB and walnut oil). I'm also upping cardio from 30 minutes to 60 minutes. We'll see how that works. What I think is helpful when competing is to maintain pretty strict records week to week of weight, photos, and changes in training. That way you can notice trends and compare progress show to show, and you'll be surprised how you memory can play tricks on you.

On another note, I finally got tired of waiting for someone else to build a website for me so I did it myself. Check it out at www.protimmartin.com and let me know what elements I should add. It turns out this stuff is easier to do than I thought!
    https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

• is that 6oz chicken cooked or raw because 6oz of raw chicken is 40 grams max if I'm not mistaken

Comment

• Congratulations to you Tim Martin, I'm natural too. My question is, in your opinion, which do you think it's better for us natural bodybuilders/powerlifters, tuna fish or red meat?

Comment

• Originally posted by NTT91 View Post
          is that 6oz chicken cooked or raw because 6oz of raw chicken is 40 grams max if I'm not mistaken
          That's six ounces cooked. I'll grill all my chicken and beef for the week at once, then put it in zip-lock bags. Then each morning all I have to do is prepare the meals for the day. I'll cut up and weigh six ounces for each meal and put the seasonings on then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sexybeast777 View Post
            Congratulations to you Tim Martin, I'm natural too. My question is, in your opinion, which do you think it's better for us natural bodybuilders/powerlifters, tuna fish or red meat?
            I think you need both, but the biological protein value of fish is probably higher.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
              I think you need both, but the biological protein value of fish is probably higher.
              Thank you! very interesting, I thought red meat was better, I eat a lot of red meat

Comment

• I like the website, Tim, good stuff!
                http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...n?goto=newpost

Comment

• Hey Tim,

great site. i was looking at your contest photo's. I was in your heavyweight class at the 07 Pro American. I was wondering if you had anymore photos from the heavyweight class from that show, or if you ended up buying the video. If you could send me pics that would be great, my email is pdude03@yahoo.com or paul@smartdiets.com

Comment

• Hey Tim,

great site. i was looking at your contest photo's. I was in your heavyweight class at the 07 Pro American. I was wondering if you had anymore photos from the heavyweight class from that show, or if you ended up buying the video. If you could send me pics that would be great, my email is pdude03@yahoo.com or paul@smartdiets.com

Comment

• Originally posted by paulwnbf View Post
                      Hey Tim,

Hey Paul, I looked through the photos I have and these are the ones I have of you. If you want larger versions let me know, but they aren't the best quality because of the crappy lighting.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks tim,

I appreciate you getting me those pics, i dont have a lot. I was kinda dissapointed in that show, as i took 6th out of 8, when corey (the guy next to me in most the pics, took 5th, and i dont think it was close between me and him, i think i should have been compared with the top 4 more. You have the video?

Comment

• Originally posted by paulwnbf View Post
                          Thanks tim,

I appreciate you getting me those pics, i dont have a lot. I was kinda dissapointed in that show, as i took 6th out of 8, when corey (the guy next to me in most the pics, took 5th, and i dont think it was close between me and him, i think i should have been compared with the top 4 more. You have the video?
                          Sorry, I don't buy the videos. I was also disappointed with that show in that I thought I beat Cordova for the overall, and was surprised when I learned I lost 7-0. I think the WNBF has two problems when it comes to judging. Firstly, IMO they reward the established names in an effort to perpetuate recognizable faces and promote the organization, and secondly they have unqualified judges on their panels. I know when I'm on stage I want accomplished competitors who understand the sport judging me. WNBF panels often include wives of the officers, no names, and "fluff". Charles had very good thickness but from the photos didn't display it well. He looked like a different person at the TU in '08 and was completely shredded. Keep at it.

Comment

• First of all …awesome website time! You are an inspiration to all naturals!

Tim I would like to know your opinion on this subject:

AS far as a know the traditional way of thinking is that it is essential to take time off from competing (1-2 years) if we want to make improvements in ones physique. However I have followed your bodybuilding carrier and you seem grow despite the fact that you compete every year! That makes me think that we can still improve a little and taking 12-18 months off it is not really the way to go! What is your opinion? i love to compete and taking more than a year off its very hard! but i still want to keep improving.

Thanks
                            Francisco

Comment

• First of all …awesome website time! You are an inspiration to all naturals!

AS far as a know the traditional way of thinking is that it is essential to take time off from competing (1-2 years) if we want to make improvements in ones physique. However I have followed your bodybuilding carrier and you seem grow despite the fact that you compete every year! That makes me think that we can still improve a little and taking 12-18 months off it is not really the way to go! What is your opinion? i love to compete and taking more than a year off its very hard! but i still want to keep improving.

Thanks

Francisco

Comment

• Originally posted by fmoncas View Post
                                First of all …awesome website time! You are an inspiration to all naturals!

Thanks

Francisco
                                Thanks bro, I should be posting new video of the '08 Team Universe this weekend, check the website and let me know what you think I should add. As for the timing of shows - everyone has their own opinion. I never saw the need to get fat for 2 years between contests, and having followed many competitors I don't think it really works. I've always found that I train harder, eat better, and maintain my supplement regimen much better when I have a contest in my crosshairs. In fact, probably the best gains I ever made were between a late November contest and a spring contest the following year.

Bodybuilding is a weird sport in that we only get to compete about once per year. I'm a big advocate of competing every year (unless injury occurs) and stringing together several shows relatively close together. There is no substitute for experience, both with stage presence and with peaking. Having said this, you almost assuredly will have to check your ego at the door, as you can't really be at your peak for your early shows. Last year my goal contest was the TU, but I did two shows in July to gauge my progress and got pretty much spanked in both because I wasn't in great condition.

Comment

Working...
                                X