Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dpd555 View Post
    Thanks for posting!

Whatever you used for last year's TU worked awesome. I'm doing the targeted ketogenic diet (TKD) that Lyle McDonald has written about and it has been working great so far.

Tim, on your website you list an "offseason KETOGENIC diet" that's really high in carbs. Do you actually maintain ketosis on this diet...or is that a misprint?
    The "offseason keto" diet isn't really keto, just Palumbo's version as far as I can gather. I did it mainly to have a caloric goal and get the benefits of the macros. I'm also presently doing kind of a targeted keto approach as I'm drinking a NO/Intravol drink during training, but that's my only carbs for the day. I'm giving myself 10 full weeks of the keto diet this year, and feel a lot better about my conditioning this past week.
    https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

• pre-contest diet

Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
      The "offseason keto" diet isn't really keto, just Palumbo's version as far as I can gather. I did it mainly to have a caloric goal and get the benefits of the macros. I'm also presently doing kind of a targeted keto approach as I'm drinking a NO/Intravol drink during training, but that's my only carbs for the day. I'm giving myself 10 full weeks of the keto diet this year, and feel a lot better about my conditioning this past week.

How is your diet set up this year Tim? is it similar to the Keto approach that you used in preparation for the team Universe last year? aside from the fact that are using Intravol during your training. Are you still having a carb meal/cheat meal every Saturday night?
      Do you use Macademia nut oil? a few times a day for your fat intake? I recall that you dropped your fats a week or two out from the Team U last year and you indicated that you felt awful.. Is your training getting ready for the team u? what class?

all the best..and that is great that you are doing the Atlantic City show.

Ivor--5th Ave gym

Comment

• Originally posted by 5thAveGym View Post
        How is your diet set up this year Tim? is it similar to the Keto approach that you used in preparation for the team Universe last year? aside from the fact that are using Intravol during your training. Are you still having a carb meal/cheat meal every Saturday night?
        Do you use Macademia nut oil? a few times a day for your fat intake? I recall that you dropped your fats a week or two out from the Team U last year and you indicated that you felt awful.. Is your training getting ready for the team u? what class?

all the best..and that is great that you are doing the Atlantic City show.

Ivor--5th Ave gym
        Hey Ivor - I think the diet will be about the same as last year. The best thing about the keto diet is it's simplicity in that you only have two variables to deal with. As for cheat meals, I haven't been no-carbing long enough now to need one, but I plan on a weekly cheat because it not only keeps you sane, but I think it allows you mentally to diet that much harder the rest of the time. I won't be doing any no-fat days but depending on where my weight is in early August I might make adjustments if I think I can squeeze down to 202, but right now my strategy is just do come in the way I like, as placement isn't really a factor this year.

Yes, my buddy is getting ready for the TU as a middleweight. This guy has crazy quads and calves, we just have to get him conditioned enough to exploit them.

Comment

• Keto Cut Diet

How far out from a show do you switch from your Keto Off Season to your Keto Cut Diet? Same for cardio, do you go to 1 hour about 12 weeks out?
          Thanks

Comment

• If your still natural whats the point of competing on the IFBB stage? It wouldnt be fair, Im not saying its impossible to get as big as you naturally but something just dosent seem right here.
            "A LIMIT IS A TEMPORARY LEVEL OF ACCOMPLISHMENT THAT CAN BE SURPASSED"

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMBOris View Post
              If your still natural whats the point of competing on the IFBB stage?
              are you serious?

how about the fact that he EARNED the right to be up there

not only that, but a natty competing and holding his own on an IFBB stage is such a huge accoplishment in and of itself that it doesn't matter how "fair" it may or may not be
              MorphogenNutrition.com
              Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                are you serious?

how about the fact that he EARNED the right to be up there

not only that, but a natty competing and holding his own on an IFBB stage is such a huge accoplishment in and of itself that it doesn't matter how "fair" it may or may not be
                If he is trully natural I have to say he looks amazing, a true inspiration.

Comment

• double post.

Comment

• well considering the fact that he's passed several drug tests in several different federations for several years, I think we'd have to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one
                    MorphogenNutrition.com
                    Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Originally posted by slyfox0507 View Post
                      How far out from a show do you switch from your Keto Off Season to your Keto Cut Diet? Same for cardio, do you go to 1 hour about 12 weeks out?
                      Thanks
                      I did that "off season keto" version all year, and at about 18 weeks out switched to the keto diet. I did that for about four weeks and although I lost weight it felt like I wasn't keeping my size (probably just body dysmorphia!) so I switched to a more moderate approach for a few weeks. At that point (about 14 weeks out) I upped the cardio to one hour daily and started tightening up. Now with 10 weeks now my body composition feels more manageable so I went back to zero carbs. Right now I'm at 220 lbs., not cut but not too fat either.

Comment

If your still natural whats the point of competing on the IFBB stage? It wouldnt be fair, Im not saying its impossible to get as big as you naturally but something just dosent seem right here.
                        I agree with you that it's not really fair, but at this stage in my life / bodybuilding career I'm not going to start taking drugs to even out the playing field. I'm 41 years old and decided that I earned the right to step on an IFBB stage, so that's what I'm doing. My goal is to come in looking good for me, not really compared to anyone else on that stage. Now if I were 30 years old and earned the card my decision might be more difficult, but at my age I'm going to finish this journey on my own terms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
                          I agree with you that it's not really fair, but at this stage in my life / bodybuilding career I'm not going to start taking drugs to even out the playing field. I'm 41 years old and decided that I earned the right to step on an IFBB stage, so that's what I'm doing. My goal is to come in looking good for me, not really compared to anyone else on that stage. Now if I were 30 years old and earned the card my decision might be more difficult, but at my age I'm going to finish this journey on my own terms.
                          Im glad there is people like you in this world.

Comment

Im glad there is people like you in this world.
                            I appreciate that, especially because as natural bodybuilders we seem to attract haters from out of the woodwork! When I started competing I would only do drug tested shows. Eventually I decided that in addition to those I also wanted to try some non-tested NPC contests. Guess what, if you bring a conditioned and symmetrical physique to the stage anything can happen. I did the NPC Atlantic States in '07 "for the experience" and to my shock I won the overall, joining names like Kevin English, Fakhri Mubarek, Evan Centopani, and Sean Allen. That's what I'm keeping in my mind going into the Atlantic City Pro, that anything can happen and it's my job to come in shredded and hopefully exploit some of the guys who may not be as separated.

Comment

• kiyoshimoody.com
                              *TEAM GENR8* genr8speed.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
                                I appreciate that, especially because as natural bodybuilders we seem to attract haters from out of the woodwork! When I started competing I would only do drug tested shows. Eventually I decided that in addition to those I also wanted to try some non-tested NPC contests. Guess what, if you bring a conditioned and symmetrical physique to the stage anything can happen. I did the NPC Atlantic States in '07 "for the experience" and to my shock I won the overall, joining names like Kevin English, Fakhri Mubarek, Evan Centopani, and Sean Allen. That's what I'm keeping in my mind going into the Atlantic City Pro, that anything can happen and it's my job to come in shredded and hopefully exploit some of the guys who may not be as separated.
                                It really inspires me to stay natural even more. Its must feel amazing that you are beating guys that use drugs. Not only will you stay healthy but you will also not lose anything if you dont train for 2-3 weeks. You and I are very alike, many of my friends use steroids and Im bigger then all of them. You really have to discipline yourself in order to achieve something like this. People always point out genetics but they dont understand the hard work that we put in.

Comment

Working...
                                X