Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
    Eight weeks left until the Atlantic City Pro and my bodyweight today is 221.5 lbs.. This prep started slower than last time, but I feel like I'm slowly catching up to where I should be at this point. Here is a back shot I took today:
    Back is looking WIDEEEE

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
      When your running a keto diet do you count the protein in peanut butter, the fats is chicken, ect. Or is a fat source just counted as a fat source, protein source as a protein source??
      Everything is counted.
      https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

Everything is counted.
        Thank Tim, i was confused on that. Alot of people are just counting the fats from peanut butter ect. If i do it like that im eatting 200-300 more calories then then i think am are. Didnt really make sense to me. Thanks for clearing the air for me.

Comment

• When your doing a keto diet do you wait 2 weeks before your first refeed??

Comment

When your doing a keto diet do you wait 2 weeks before your first refeed??
            I actually waited a long time this year until I felt I needed it. Remember with any diet that nothing is written in stone and you have to listen to your body. This doesn't mean eating Twizzlers and donuts, but I think too many people get caught up believing every diet that comes along is the "magic pill" that's going to finally rip them up, when in reality it's the sustained caloric deficit and increased caloric expenditure that will do it.

This past week I joined a gym much closer to my house enabling me to train every day if I wanted to. I'll probably lift six days per week helping me increase my total work volume and burn more calories. By the end of the week I was dragging, especially in the late afternoons at work, so on Saturday I planned a trip to Pizza Hut. Funny thing was that once there I didn't really enjoy the crappy food that much, so I think my "re-feed" meals from here on out will be much more nutritious but still high in carbs.

Comment

Funny thing was that once there I didn't really enjoy the crappy food that much, so I think my "re-feed" meals from here on out will be much more nutritious but still high in carbs.
              My experience exactly! I actually prefer a few plates of sushi over ice cream

Looking great Tim. Excited to see you compete on the IFBB pro stage

Comment

I actually waited a long time this year until I felt I needed it. Remember with any diet that nothing is written in stone and you have to listen to your body. This doesn't mean eating Twizzlers and donuts, but I think too many people get caught up believing every diet that comes along is the "magic pill" that's going to finally rip them up, when in reality it's the sustained caloric deficit and increased caloric expenditure that will do it.

This past week I joined a gym much closer to my house enabling me to train every day if I wanted to. I'll probably lift six days per week helping me increase my total work volume and burn more calories. By the end of the week I was dragging, especially in the late afternoons at work, so on Saturday I planned a trip to Pizza Hut. Funny thing was that once there I didn't really enjoy the crappy food that much, so I think my "re-feed" meals from here on out will be much more nutritious but still high in carbs.

What do you take down at Pizza Hut?

Comment

• Originally posted by dpd555 View Post
                  My experience exactly! I actually prefer a few plates of sushi over ice cream

Looking great Tim. Excited to see you compete on the IFBB pro stage
                  Thanks Dom - see you in NYC. I had an order of breadsticks and half a deep dish supreme pizza. Last year I could finish a whole pie, but after four slices I was disgusted with myself! I think I'll stick with sushi from now on...

Comment

• Tim,

World Gym misses you. Couldn't you have taken the loud counter guy with you to your gym?

www.allnaturaloptions.com - Natural Bodybuilder - Train hard, train harder.

Comment

• Tim i was wondering what your 6 day split looks like. I've been running mine like this but im starting to feel run down a bit. I would like to train 6 days and take sunday/refeed day off.

Back/Traps
                      Chest/Abs
                      Deadlifts/Hams/Calves
                      Delts/Traps/Abs
                      Quads/Calves
                      Bis/Tris/Abs
                      OFF

I felt really run down today so i skiped deadlift/hams/calves days. Im gonna have to do hams with quads and skips deads this weeks. I doubled up on cardio though so it wasnt a total wash.

Comment

Tim i was wondering what your 6 day split looks like. I've been running mine like this but im starting to feel run down a bit. I would like to train 6 days and take sunday/refeed day off.

Back/Traps
                        Chest/Abs
                        Deadlifts/Hams/Calves
                        Delts/Traps/Abs
                        Quads/Calves
                        Bis/Tris/Abs
                        OFF

I felt really run down today so i skiped deadlift/hams/calves days. Im gonna have to do hams with quads and skips deads this weeks. I doubled up on cardio though so it wasnt a total wash.
                        I just do a four day split and keep repeating it. When I take a day off the following workout is simply the next one in the rotation. Listen to your body and take days off when you feel it's necessary.

Comment

I just do a four day split and keep repeating it. When I take a day off the following workout is simply the next one in the rotation. Listen to your body and take days off when you feel it's necessary.
                          Thanks Tim!!! I feel 10x better today after i took yesterday off. I think im gonna stick to 4 days with weights, 5 days max. I use to be able to train 5-6 days with no problem but i wasnt lifting any where near as heavy. I have to factor in the beating my CNS takes after heavy deads, squats, rows ect.

Comment

• Chris and I expedited a New Jersey NPC show today, so in the afternoon we hit up Apollon and took some pics. I won't post any of Chris without his permission, but he flat out smoked me! I'm sitting at 218 lbs., and although I feel I've improved over the last week I still have a LONG way to go.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Tim, Throw 'em up!

Everyone, Tim is a funny guy in that he is very critical of himself, but that is what has brought him IFBB Status.

Everyone listen to me, Tim is close to shredded and is almost 220lbs. He has focus like no one else and is without doubt the best all natural guy (100%) I have ever come across. I really think he will do some damage at the AC show.

Tim 35 days and counting bro!

Comment

• Thanks for the compliment Chris. Having a training partner who understands the passion and commitment required to succeed in this sport is something I am thankful for, and I guarantee that you will also do damage at the TU.

Here is a phone-pic backstage yesterday with 300 lb. guest poser Sean Allen, one week removed from the USA's.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X