Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I thought I'd share what happened last night:
    I met Chris MacKenzie at World Gym of Rockaway, NJ, where I do most of my training. We planned to practice posing in the aerobics room. I've been a member there since it opened, which is over ten years ago, and have done this for every competition. As a bodybuilder I have always made a special point of leading by example in the gym. To me this means re-racking my weights, treating equipment with respect, not slamming the weights, and keeping my head down and focussing on training. We were about two minutes into posing when a gym employee came in and told us that the owner doesn't want us posing anymore because it "intimidates the women". This is also after being reprimanded in the past few months for doing walking lunges and deadlifting. I realize Planet Fitness owns the World Gym franchise, but I was still disappointed that a gym that I've been a member of for so long has taken this position.
    Well, I terminated my contract, along with my wife's, and Chris did along with his wife's. Now I have to fight to get my prorated balance refunded. I can't say I'm too upset with the situation, mainly because I feel that I am the only one who brings any intensity to that gym - not by grunting and stomping around "taking out the trash", but by quietly staying within myself and day after day lifting the heaviest weights possible.
    Thankfully I belong to two other gyms, one closer to my home and one virtually across the street paid by my employer. I also have the good fortune to be allowed to work out free of charge at three great New Jersey hardcore gyms: Apollon, Strong & Shapely, and Diamond. They are also building a new Gold's gym about 2 minutes from my house due to open in October, but we all know how some Gold's are turning out.
    Such a fuckin BS event that went on last night. Really bullshit. Sucks to see you go but like you said to me the one day you almost knew it was coming. That gym does nothing to support bodybuilding im suprised they even let us hang those posters that day. Keep posting pics and ill follow your log, sucks to see you two leave I really enjoyed training with you and Chris. Good luck Tim, see you in September.
    www.allnaturaloptions.com - Natural Bodybuilder - Train hard, train harder.

Comment

• Well, I was able to get my membership refunded, and just got back from a leg workout at my "new" gym. I think all in all this might be a good thing because this gym has a bunch of machines I've never tried before. They have a free-motion Smith machine, so I did reverse lunges with 225 and could feel it carving in my glute-hamstring tie-in. I finished with a version of the "butt-blaster" I've never done, and although I only used 50 lbs. I focussed on pushing through the heel and could really feel it. Most of these "girly" machines use too much quad, but this one kept the knee angle constant and isolated the glute well.

Here are pics from when I got home - no pump going on in these! My weight last night was 216.0 and was 213.0 this morning. I might train and pose with BSA again tomorrow, so I'll be sure to bring the camera.
      Attached Files
      https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

• Looking great Tim. You are considerably leaner from a few weeks ago...and your muscle maturity is just insane.

Comment

• Had a big-carb cheat meal tonight of sushi...... YUM! Took these pics before I went to bed weighing 216.5 lbs.. Hope to take some gym shots tomorrow with C-Mac at Lion's Den Gym, and my goal is still to make the 202's in three weeks.
          Attached Files

Comment

• damn dude, lookin thick!

Comment

• Thanks Dom & KMH23. Went to Lion's Den Gym this morning for shoulders and posing with Chris. Thank you to Stokely Palmer for giving me a freebee into the gym , definitely a bodybuilder's gym - no nonsense, good music and atmosphere, and a ton of quality equipment including dumbbells up to 210# and Nebulus machines.

While we were there IFBB pro Craig Richardson came in to train. He is one thick dude who is also preparing for the AC Pro.
              Attached Files

Comment

• looking great Tim, as usual. keep up the good work. It will be great to see you on stage again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose Raymond View Post
                  looking great Tim, as usual. keep up the good work. It will be great to see you on stage again.
                  A compliment coming from you means a lot! I saw you at the NY Pro and knew you were off (for you), but now am amazed at the changes you've made this summer. Standing on the same pro stage with you will be an honor and my goal all along has just been to look like I belong, realizing that I won't be packing nearly the thickness that you and some of the other top IFBB guys possess.

Do you have any tips on making weight? I know late in your amateur career you were forced to drop weight to make your weight class and think I read one time that you just wouldn't eat to accomplish this. I'm trying to iron out a strategy to make 202 by Thursday evening and then fill out but be pretty dry by Friday evening. Any advice would be really appreciated!

On a side note, I'm loving my new "home" gym - it feels like my own private training center! Today I discovered their aerobics room tucked away upstairs, and get this... they don't even care if I practice posing there!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• hopefully the weigh-in in thurs night. that will give you plenty of time. I usually just keep a tab on my weight leading up and try to get as close as I can. I'm assuming you'll be between 205-208 meaning you'll only have to cut 3-6lbs. I would start with taraxatone, or hydrozide a few days before weigh-in and yes I would eat sparingly 24hrs before weigh-in and just wet my lips for fluid. like you see in those ufc shows man suit up with sweats and a wool cap and get on cardio thurs morning. go back to your room and go to sleep for a few hrs, you will burn even more in your sleep. get up and do more cardio. Keep checking your weight so you can stop and just sleep til weigh-in, because that's all you'll want to do. bring your food to weigh-ins with you. The second you get off the scale start eating some ricecakes and sipping water, slowly introduce the
                    food back in or you could get sick. I would eat like 2-3 cakes on the hr or a sweet potato on the hr every hr for about 3-4 meals and then resume as usual.

Comment

• Looking good Tim, see you in September. We are getting the shirts made finally so I will get one to you as soon as they are in... xl right?
                      www.allnaturaloptions.com - Natural Bodybuilder - Train hard, train harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by douggiefresh View Post
                        Looking good Tim, see you in September. We are getting the shirts made finally so I will get one to you as soon as they are in... xl right?
                        XL would be great - thanks Doug!

Two weeks to go, I still have my work cut out for me in terms of conditioning, which is the only thing I have control to change at this point. My morning weight is 209.5, and last night after my sushi cheat meal I was 215.0. I put together my posing routine today, and received two new suits to wear from Cynthia James.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• From leg-day today...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• you look great Tim nice shape and lines with condition to match

Comment

• tim, is the way you hit the side tricept there the same way you would during madatories? I question bc i favor that look myself but wonder if its frowned on. you also a judge too right?

Comment

• You are nailing your conditioning for this show! Quads look sick

Tim, how much time do you spend posing 2 weeks prior to a show?

Comment

Working...
                                X