Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KMH23 View Post
    tim, is the way you hit the side tricept there the same way you would during madatories? I question bc i favor that look myself but wonder if its frowned on. you also a judge too right?
    I hit the mandatories the conventional way, and as a judge believe everyone should do the same. I just like that variation during the free posing routine.
    https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

• thanks for the reply. Ive seen guys do it both ways and wondered if it could count against you. question answered. lookin good man, good luck in ac.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpd555 View Post
        You are nailing your conditioning for this show! Quads look sick

Tim, how much time do you spend posing 2 weeks prior to a show?
        Trust me, those pics have favorable lighting. Glute hardness has always been my barometer for getting in condition, and after taking a bunch of assessment pics this weekend I still need to be leaner. I'm not comfortable doing more than one hour of cardio daily, so I'm going to drop my fats a little these next two weeks.

As for posing, I never practice as much as I plan, but I'll try for 3-5 sessions per week until the show.

Comment

• Hey Tim, you look insane! Did you run keto from the start of your prep? Do you feel it was better then the last time when you went keto the closing weeks of the prep?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
            Hey Tim, you look insane! Did you run keto from the start of your prep? Do you feel it was better then the last time when you went keto the closing weeks of the prep?
            Thanks. I basically did keto for my 20 weeks of prep, but re-introduced low carbs for a few weeks in the beginning because I wasn't happy with how my body composition was changing. I've said this before, but you can get lean on pretty much any diet if you work hard enough. I happen to like the ketogenic contest diet because it is so simple in that you really only have two variables to consider: protein and fat.

As for whether this long-term keto diet worked better than last year where I switched to no carbs the last 5-6 weeks, I think I'm at a pretty similar place right now. I attribute this to a few things, but mainly that at 41 years old I've pretty much maxed out my genetics naturally. I think at this point I start to get that "hard" look at under 210 pounds, and I'm aiming for around 205-208 so that I can make the weight class (202) without too much detriment.

One more thing to consider: There was a time years ago when competitors dieted on straight protein for long durations and came in absolutely shredded, so don't try to look for the "magic bullet" that will unlock your ability to get peeled, it comes down to calories eaten and calories burned.

Comment

• Poster for guest posing October 3 in Baltimore:
              Attached Files

Comment

• the same picture is on the npc contest schedule in my gym. that shot is money for you.

Comment

• I went down to Apollon Gym this morning to do shoulders with Sean Allen. Took these pics before the workout, and am pleased with where I am at this point. My bodyweight this morning was 211.0 after my weekly carb meal last night, so I'm definitely a little watery. My lowest weight this week has been 208.5, so I feel that I'll be able to make 202 by Thursday evening with some sweating on the Stairmill and in the sauna. BTW the last pic is when I got home with my dog Guinness - I wish I had his genetics!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• looking great Tim. That pic of you pulling your arms back before the lat spread is crazy, you can see the lat insertion, sick. I also have a giant dog, He's a 9 month old Newfoundland and already well over 100lbs. wish I could grow like that. good luck and see you in AC

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose Raymond View Post
                      looking great Tim. That pic of you pulling your arms back before the lat spread is crazy, you can see the lat insertion, sick. I also have a giant dog, He's a 9 month old Newfoundland and already well over 100lbs. wish I could grow like that. good luck and see you in AC
                      Yeah, I heard your story on Pro Muscle Radio (I listen during cardio). Guinness is my second rott, he weighs 140 but is completely lazy. BTW, I thought I heard you were cutting your hair for the AC - I think you should blow dry a big afro instead!

Comment

• Took this today after mowing the lawn. I'm not a very vascular guy so this was exciting for me to see. I have to say that I will be thankful when this week is over because I have been feeling very stressed out about competing on an IFBB stage. My goal all along was to bring the best version of myself I could no matter who else is on stage, but it is daunting to think about being on the same stage as Jose Raymond, Flex Lewis, Clarence De Vis... The tough thing about competing in untested shows as a natural is that "credit" isn't given for being drug-free, and really it shouldn't, but it still is an overwhelming feeling. I guess that's why I've posted a lot on this thread because I'm trying to live in the moment and experience the journey, as the final placings won't necessarily be indicative of the work that went in.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Tim looking good man, I have a few people coming this weekend with me so ill see you on saturday. Think you could email me your and chris's show times for prejudge and finals?
                          www.allnaturaloptions.com - Natural Bodybuilder - Train hard, train harder.

Comment

• Tim you look amazing, keep up all the hard work!! Can't wait to see pics of the show. You are truly an inspiration to all of us naturals.

Comment

• Hey Tim, you look great. No need to stress, as long as you know you did everythining you could to nail it on that day. You are a winner no matter what. Keep doing what you do best, that's kick ass and chew bubblegum and your all out of bubblegum. It will be great to see you back stage in AC. Good luck!

Comment

• You will belong up there with those other great athletes Tim, and you look fantastic - best of luck to you and have an awesome time LIVING THE DREAM of competing in an IFBB Pro show!
                                Muscular Development Online Editor
                                FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Working...
                                X