Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tim Martin View Post
    I will Ben. I shot these on my iPhone and was surprised that they were decent quality. I had never video taped any lifts before, and have to say that I was embarrassed how crappy my form was!! I'll keep the phone handy to use as a tool to improve my technique.

cool thanks Tim

obviously your form wasn't too terrible if you managed to win the TU
    MorphogenNutrition.com
    Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim Martin View Post
      I will Ben. I shot these on my iPhone and was surprised that they were decent quality. I had never video taped any lifts before, and have to say that I was embarrassed how crappy my form was!! I'll keep the phone handy to use as a tool to improve my technique.

double post
      MorphogenNutrition.com

Comment

• Happy New Year MD family! Hope everyone sets some big goals for 2010 and works hard to achieve them. I'm switching gears a little this year, focussing on my first powerlifting meet February 29th, then I'll pick a bodybuilding show to do after that - probably something early summer. A funny note with the powerlifting... I ordered a powerlifting singlet, actually the thinnest one they carried, but haven't been able to pull it past my lower thighs yet! I'm going to try some baby powder, plastic bags, and work gloves and see if getting this thing on is possible!
        https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

• Tim that's awesome....PL is a blast for sure

what organization are you planning on competing in?
          MorphogenNutrition.com

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
            Tim that's awesome....PL is a blast for sure

what organization are you planning on competing in?
            It's the USAPL. The website says the state record for deadlift in the 242'2 is 683, so that's my goal. I tried again to put on the powersuit and got it farther up my legs using grocery bags, but the pain in my adductors just wasn't worth it so I'll return in and just use a regular singlet.

Comment

• 2 pictures from this morning's back workout. I'm at week 4 of a 10 week peaking program. After warm-ups I did 2 reps of 630 followed by 5 "speed sets" of 525x3. Grip is not a problem, but I have to say getting over the mental hurdle of handling heavy weights is the most challenging thing. After that I did a normal back routine of machine pull-downs, low-pulley rows (straight bar), machine rows, and close grip pull-downs.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Very bummed out today because during my back workout yesterday I popped a left elbow flexor tendon (biceps or pronator teres) trying 635. I was able to do chest today (no dumbbells) but this means I won't be able to do my powerlifting meet at the end of February. I've injured this same area on both elbows before, always on movements that use extreme supination (underhand pulldowns and straight bar curls). Injuries suck!!!

Comment

• ^Man that sucks bro!!!! Sorry to hear that, what a bummer. Hope you make a solid recovery Tim. I'm dealing with an injury myself, a weird one at that. I injured my left trap on barbell incline last feb. or march and it's been giving me crap since. It has drifted into my front delt and bicep tendon over a period of time and according to my massage therapist, apparently they're all on the same band(or whatever she told me). I've had to stop barbell/dumbbell pressing of any kind, which sucks BIG TIME!!! I've been trying to nurse it, but make gains at the same time with the exercises that I can perform.

Once again, hope you recover well man!

Comment

• damn dude sorry to hear that

have you ever considered learning the hook grip to prevent supination on your heavy ass deads
                    MorphogenNutrition.com

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                      damn dude sorry to hear that

have you ever considered learning the hook grip to prevent supination on your heavy ass deads
                      hook grip is the way to go. its a bitch in the beginning but after using it a few times i have never gone back to over/under. i dont want to risk a bicep tear.

Comment

• I have tried hook grip - talk about pain! I guess it's something you get used to, but my thumbs had a hard time with 315. For now I'm resolved to stick with bodybuilding, and using my Versa-Grips when I do deads. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

• Hey Tim congats on making it to the IFBB stage as a pro naturally thatís a huge accomplishment! From what I have read you have been training/competing for over 20 years? What would you main advice be to a young aspiring natural bodybuilder?

We also have a natural INBA champion in Australia named Tim Martin, when I saw the thread I thought it was him lol, will attach a pic;
                          Attached Files
                          Z

Comment

• subscribed to this! your a freak!
                            nose to the grindstone

Comment

• Tim just wondering if you have ever tried max-ot style training and how you liked it compared to more conventional training.

Does anyone know where I can purchase this DVD mentioned in the first few pages that has the tasty chicken marinade in it?

thanks
                              nose to the grindstone

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewT View Post
                                Tim just wondering if you have ever tried max-ot style training and how you liked it compared to more conventional training.

Does anyone know where I can purchase this DVD mentioned in the first few pages that has the tasty chicken marinade in it?

thanks
                                Tim mentions his experiance with Maox ot many times throughout this journal.. Read through if he isnt quick to respond..

Comment

Working...
                                X