Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Norway Power View Post
    When doing cardio what intensity level do you preform it at? Sorry for all the questions
    I think I've answered most of your questions if you re-read some older posts. In the past I've always done low intensity cardio, which for me is 65% MHR or about 118-120 beats per minute. I'd start out at 30 minutes and gradually work to 60 minutes daily during the diet. This year I've done high intensity, or 80% MHR, which is 145-150 bpm for me, doing 20 minutes per day. I've been seeing that a lot of people endorse high intensity interval training, but personally I don't see how this is truly possible as I have either the eliptical or stairmill at basically the highest level the entire time, and it takes me a good 4-5 minutes to get my heart rate up to the desired range.

During the past week while on vacation I rode my mountain bike on the road for 45 minutes daily, pushing the pace as hard as I could but only getting my pulse around 130 bpm before the lactic acid burn in my lower quads became unbearable.
    https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

• Do you ever go to bed early just to keep the hunger away? I have heard of people doing this and this is only week 2 for me on my diet and I feel like 9pm is early but it may need to be lights out hahaha.
      Though the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you.

Comment

Do you ever go to bed early just to keep the hunger away? I have heard of people doing this and this is only week 2 for me on my diet and I feel like 9pm is early but it may need to be lights out hahaha.
        Never did that, but I will say that as the diet progresses I usually have a harder and harder time getting to sleep. I usually use Sleep MD by Iovate which contains herbal ingredients including melatonin and valerian root.

Comment

• So you said that you are taking Prototype 216 (Amino Acids). How important are amino acids when dieting?

Comment

So you said that you are taking Prototype 216 (Amino Acids). How important are amino acids when dieting?
            I couldn't really answer that, I just go by what is commonly accepted as sound nutrition. Using BCAA's multiple times per day is not something I always do, but recently I've lowered my calories in an effort to make the 202's and I need all the insurance I can get to hold onto muscle!

Comment

• When dieting we all must train our abs. What do you do for abs, and how long do you train them?

Comment

• Also, regarding cardio: We all use the elliptical, tredmill, bike, step master, do you do anything else to mix it up that may be more interesting? Or do you just suck it up and do the basics?

Comment

Also, regarding cardio: We all use the elliptical, tredmill, bike, step master, do you do anything else to mix it up that may be more interesting? Or do you just suck it up and do the basics?
                  Last one, OK???

I don't do anything special for abs, usually picking 2 exercises for 3 sets each about every 4 days or so.

For cardio this year I almost exclusively used the eliptical because I found it the easiest to get my heart rate up without the quad-burn of the stairmaster or achilles/joint pain of the treadmill (for low intensity I usually do treadmill). Other than biking the vacation week at the beach I generally also take my dogs for a 20 minute walk at night, and on weekends if I don't do HIT cardio in the morning I'll walk the dogs for about 45 minutes wearing a 50 lb. weighted vest, although I haven't done that in about a month.

Comment

• Two weeks out, 211 lbs. first thing A.M.. Haven't had a carb since last Saturday.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• ^^^^ looking much improved

Comment

• One week out, 208.0 lbs. this morning, 210.5 lbs. in these pics mid-day. I've been zero carbs for two weeks now, and have been doing double cardio sessions starting last weekend. Nervous as sh*t, so I'm off to the gym for training and more HIT cardio.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim Martin View Post
                          One week out, 208.0 lbs. this morning, 210.5 lbs. in these pics mid-day. I've been zero carbs for two weeks now, and have been doing double cardio sessions starting last weekend. Nervous as sh*t, so I'm off to the gym for training and more HIT cardio.
                          great conditioning
                          Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                          http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• Tim, Looking great big guy! I myself am doing natural body building now. In college I took a few things but I have realized it was all a waste bc of the fact I wasn't on a good diet. I have been clean for a few years now and I just want to thank you for being an inspiration for me the stay that way. I have learned that diet is the KEY! I have had more gains off a good diet than I ever did off that stuff. I plan to try the KENO diet you post at the beginning of the thread. I have taken the liberty of reading the whole thread just so I won't ask a question that someone else has already done. So here a few questions.

1. Have you ever had Deer meat and would you consider that a good protein source for bulking or cutting?

2. When lifting (off season) do you prefer, lifting like Dorain Yates does with the .5 second pause at the static position and do you do negatives?

3. I've dieted for a show like you are doing now, which do you prefer, KENO diet the whole time or the carb taper?

4. Have you ever heard or tried the new creatine from gaspari, PRE-CONTEST?

Thats all I can think of for now. Thank for your time and good luck this weekend!

Comment

• I'm assuming you have some added fats in there to compliment the no carbs

how's the HIIT feel on no carbs?
                              MorphogenNutrition.com
                              Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad2317 View Post
                                Tim, Looking great big guy! I myself am doing natural body building now. In college I took a few things but I have realized it was all a waste bc of the fact I wasn't on a good diet. I have been clean for a few years now and I just want to thank you for being an inspiration for me the stay that way. I have learned that diet is the KEY! I have had more gains off a good diet than I ever did off that stuff. I plan to try the KENO diet you post at the beginning of the thread. I have taken the liberty of reading the whole thread just so I won't ask a question that someone else has already done. So here a few questions.

1. Have you ever had Deer meat and would you consider that a good protein source for bulking or cutting?

2. When lifting (off season) do you prefer, lifting like Dorain Yates does with the .5 second pause at the static position and do you do negatives?

3. I've dieted for a show like you are doing now, which do you prefer, KENO diet the whole time or the carb taper?

4. Have you ever heard or tried the new creatine from gaspari, PRE-CONTEST?

Thats all I can think of for now. Thank for your time and good luck this weekend!
                                1. Never tried it but hear it is very lean. You should research it on the protein bio-availability ratings chart.

2. Whatever the most intense form of lifting is, that's what I believe in. Whether it's explosive motion for max weight or super-strict with no momentum and deep squeeze, you'll know intensity when you do it.

3. I truly believe all diets work if you restrict calories enough. This year I did high protien, low fat, pretty low carbs for 13 weeks, then at three weeks out I cut carbs completely and only added a little fat (about half the amount on a typical keto formula). I also doubled my cardio and tightened up considerably.

4. No, never tried it.

Comment

Working...
                                X