Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim what do you think of max-ot as a whole?
    flaws? benifits?
    whats your take on it for tryin to be a striving bb'er that we all are wroking towards

THANKS
    Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by kreilly1656 View Post
      Tim what do you think of max-ot as a whole?
      flaws? benifits?
      whats your take on it for tryin to be a striving bb'er that we all are wroking towards

THANKS
      Kenny
      I don't remember all of the nuances of Max-OT, but what I remember was limited warm up and 4-6 reps with maximum weight and good form. My problem with it was sometimes I just didn't feel warmed up enough, and for really heavy lifts (squats, deads) I need to pyramid up to my max weight psychologically to have confidence in the lift. Also, training Max-OT automatically limits the available exercises in the gym, as most machines don't hold enough weight to get only six reps out of.

After twenty years in the gym I'm still searching for better methods to put on muscle, and there will never be a "perfect" plan. I train instinctively now, but am always trying to increase my strength and intensity. I'm sure Max-OT works great for some, but I think I need a combination of overload along with volume.
      https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
        Ss - I'm honestly not a huge supplement guy, but that may all change if I'm lucky enough to get some kind of supplement contract . Here's what I do for supps:
        5:30 A.M.: 1 caffeine/ephedra with baby aspirin before doing cardio.
        6:30 A.M. (with first meal) 1 Tbsp. each of BCAA, glutamine, creatine, Benefiber. 2 ounces of Mona Vie (except precontest), 1 each of multivitamin/mineral, B, C, E, Ca/Mg/Zn
        4:00 P.M. :1 caffeine/ephedra. If I take this any later I can't sleep at night.
        7:30 P.M. (offseason post workout): 50g whey isolate, 60g waxy maize, 1 Tbsp. each of BCAA, glutamine, creatine, Benefiber.
        (precontest post workout):25g whey isolate, 1 Tbsp. each of BCAA, glutamine, creatine, Benefiber.
        10:00 P.M.: 2 ounces Mona Vie (except precontest)

Steve56 - If you ever want to train at Diamond on the weekend shoot me an email, I really like weekend "field trips" to different gyms!
        thanks this is turning into a REALLY good thread.

Comment

What do you Bench Tim?

Comment

Originally posted by Northman69 View Post
            What do you Bench Tim?
            I have no idea what my single rep max is, and I know for sure there are plenty of recreational lifters (all arms and chest) at my gym who flat bench more than me!

Comment

I have no idea what my single rep max is, and I know for sure there are plenty of recreational lifters (all arms and chest) at my gym who flat bench more than me!

Oh I was just curious, wanted to gauge myself...because bench is my worst event by far..

Comment

My bench has always been my worst lift relatively as well. I've never had naturally thick pecs, and remember when I first started lifting I could see the ribs in my chest like a chicken!
                For chest I usually prefer dumbells, so I use the 150's for my heaviest sets on incline and flat. If I do barbell presses, my heaviest sets are usually 365 on flat, and 315 on incline, although I have done more with a spotter.

Comment

My bench has always been my worst lift relatively as well. I've never had naturally thick pecs, and remember when I first started lifting I could see the ribs in my chest like a chicken!
                  For chest I usually prefer dumbells, so I use the 150's for my heaviest sets on incline and flat. If I do barbell presses, my heaviest sets are usually 365 on flat, and 315 on incline, although I have done more with a spotter.

so what would u recommend for someone who has a weak chest?

how did u go about building yours?? Or was it just a time thing???

Comment

Steve56 - If you ever want to train at Diamond on the weekend shoot me an email, I really like weekend "field trips" to different gyms!

Yea definitly bro, that would be great!

Comment

what do you consider natural? are test boosters considered natural?

Comment

Originally posted by thecanadianconnection View Post
                        what do you consider natural? are test boosters considered natural?
                        I guess my answer would be it depends on the individual and the organization you compete in. For years I competed in the WNBF and went by their guidelines which prohibited prohormones and ephedra products. Around 2002 or 2003 when I stopped competing with them (for the first time) I tried some of the different prohormone products on the market. I used some of Gaspari Nutrition's products and as a result developed some tenderness in my chest. That was enough for me to decide that prohormones weren't for me, as I really didn't notice any benefits to my physique. Ephedra on the other hand does give me energy, and I continue to use it in moderation.

The standard OTC definition is fine by me, although really it's an individual thing because supplements today are such a grey area. I'm not very educated regarding supplementation relative to a lot of competitors out there and I rely more on diet than anything else.
                        Last edited by Tim Martin; September 27, 2008, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
                          so what would u recommend for someone who has a weak chest?

how did u go about building yours?? Or was it just a time thing???
                          My chest is still one of my weakest body parts, but I make sure when I train it that I pick movements where I feel the muscle working. I don't feel too much pec isolation with barbell flat or incline bench and prefer using dumbells when I can. Strangely though, if I do incline presses on the Smith Machine and set the stops just at chest level, I really feel the pecs working if I pause each rep at the bottom. This is a great alternative if you're lifting alone and want to go to failure.

Comment

Here's my picks after looking at the Mr. O prejudging galleries:

1-Dexter Jackson
                            2-Dennis Wolf
                            3/4-toss up between Phil Heath and Toney Freeman
                            5-Melvin Anthony
                            6-Jay Cutler

I think 2,3, and 4 places are very close!

Comment

1-Dexter Jackson
                              2-Dennis Wolf
                              5-Melvin Anthony
                              6-Jay Cutler

I have 1 and 2 swapped but I agree.
                              www.ironbrendan.com

Comment

1-Dexter Jackson
                                2-Dennis Wolf
                                5-Melvin Anthony
                                6-Jay Cutler

I agree, but I think Wolf is going to get the shaft. Don't understand why he wasn't in the 1st callout. I would like to think he was so good that they pegged him as 1st when they hit the stage and every one else was called out for 2nd - 6th......but I doubt it.
                                " Sweat the details, it ALL matters"

Comment

Working...
                                X