Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched the posedown. Phil Heath dominated IMO. We'll see...
    https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
      My chest is still one of my weakest body parts, but I make sure when I train it that I pick movements where I feel the muscle working. I don't feel too much pec isolation with barbell flat or incline bench and prefer using dumbells when I can. Strangely though, if I do incline presses on the Smith Machine and set the stops just at chest level, I really feel the pecs working if I pause each rep at the bottom. This is a great alternative if you're lifting alone and want to go to failure.
      good solid advice bro, thanx for answering my question

Comment

Hey Tim. Fairly new to the MD threads. I've been dealing with some injuries and other setbacks for about the last year and a half. I'm 6'2 300lbs and if I could get a good stretch of time with no setbacks I would be able to achieve my goals. My question is about nutrition. Is there a particular diet you would reccomend to someone my size. I need to get rid of a lot of fat. I have completed Dave Palumbos SMART course, so I'm not completely lost, just looking for different opinions from people with more experience than me... Thanks
        AL

Comment

Originally posted by Bigal33 View Post
          Hey Tim. Fairly new to the MD threads. I've been dealing with some injuries and other setbacks for about the last year and a half. I'm 6'2 300lbs and if I could get a good stretch of time with no setbacks I would be able to achieve my goals. My question is about nutrition. Is there a particular diet you would reccomend to someone my size. I need to get rid of a lot of fat. I have completed Dave Palumbos SMART course, so I'm not completely lost, just looking for different opinions from people with more experience than me... Thanks
          AL
          If you've completed a Palumbo course then you probably already know more about ketogenic dieting than I do! I don't think you can go wrong using the basic keto approach of 1.5 grams protein / 0.65 grams fat per pound of lean body mass. With any diet discipline and duration are the key elements. I can share a dieting discovery I have personally made this past year. I had gotten in the habit of taking "short cuts" with my daily food choices. My two biggest mistakes were consuming too many protein shakes instead of real food, and using oatmeal bars for my carb sources when on the run (or at work). About seven weeks out from the Team Universe I made a decision to not take the easy way out anymore, and replaced some shakes with solid food - four real meals and four shakes per day. I made two important purchases: a digital scale - I had the wrong impression of what six ounces of chicken was; and a ZOJIRUSHI rice cooker. I'd recommend this purchase to any bodybuilder, as it is the premier rice cooker available making perfect brown rice easy. Granted I wasn't eating rice on the keto cutting diet, but since the TU I've been doing the keto bulking version, and having the rice with three of my meals makes things so easy. By eating better quality foods (4500 cals/day for me) my bodyweight is 222 and climbing while maintaining very good condition.

What you eat plays a HUGE influence upon what your physique looks like. I really was shocked at the changes in my physique when I eliminated these short cuts, and by most peoples' standards I had already been making "healthy" choices. My off season goal is to get in my planned 7-8 meals daily, then allow myself a few extras if I want them. Like every bodybuilder coming off a contest I'm excited about the off season and seeing what progress can be made.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I will definately look into my food logs to see what "short cuts" I can cut out. Thanks for your time!!!

Comment

Hey Tim, congrats on all of your success!

Any chance that we may get to see a Tim Martin DVD anytime soon?

Comment

GREAT WORK! Now it's time to kick ass in the pros man.

Comment

No plans on a DVD because I doubt anyone would buy it, and as for "kicking ass in the pros" I'll just try not to embarrass myself! I will try to include more photos on this thread, so I took some of leg day today - felt a little self conscious because my gym isn't really a bodybuilder's gym, but they do serve as a form-check for me. I started out pissed because my workout partner cancelled on me but ended up having a good workout.

Leg extensions: 3 sets, 30 reps at 90 lbs. (warm up)

Icarian Leg press: 4 plates (per side) x 20 reps - forgot to take pictures.
                  6 plates x 20 reps
                  8 plates x 20 reps
                  10 plates x 20 reps
                  12 plates x 15 reps
                  14 plates x 10 reps

Walking lunges - down and back in basketball court. Sometimes go up to 225 lbs., but I have a hard time picking that up by myself.
                  1 set at 135 lbs.
                  2 sets at 185 lbs.

Bodymasters Hack squats - I try to keep my sacrum away from the pad so it feels more like front squats.
                  1 plate x 20 reps
                  2 plates x 15 reps
                  3 plates x 12 reps
                  4 plates x 10 reps

Cybex Lying hamstring curls
                  100 lbs. x 20 reps
                  150 lbs. x 15 reps (3 sets)

Icarian Standing hamstring curls
                  80 lbs. x 20 reps
                  120 lbs. x 12 reps (3 sets)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Tim Martin; October 4, 2008, 11:22 AM.

Comment

still lookin lean bro! great job

Comment

Don't think negative about being in the pros. You came too far and worked too hard to think like that. I've seen you bust your ass at the gym and it shows you want to be successful in this career so keep your head high and give it hell.

Comment

I'm putting together a website (www.protimmartin.com) and am looking for feedback as to what I should include. Any suggestions?

Comment

Pics, Bio, Links...maybe a blog?
                          www.ironbrendan.com

Comment

blog would be cool

lifting videos
                            MorphogenNutrition.com
                            Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

blog, current training split/exercises, current diet, videos

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
                                I'm putting together a website (www.protimmartin.com) and am looking for feedback as to what I should include. Any suggestions?
                                Tim,

I think it's a great idea for you to have a website. I would start with an "about you page", a contest history page (with a FEW select pictures), a gallery page (tons of pictures), a video page (if you have videos), and a contact page.

Then you can build from there. I wouldn't add a forum or message post page. Just put your e-mail on contact page.

Comment

Working...
                                X