Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Norway Power View Post
    Do you ever go to bed early just to keep the hunger away? I have heard of people doing this and this is only week 2 for me on my diet and I feel like 9pm is early but it may need to be lights out hahaha.
    Never did that, but I will say that as the diet progresses I usually have a harder and harder time getting to sleep. I usually use Sleep MD by Iovate which contains herbal ingredients including melatonin and valerian root.

Leave a comment:

• Norway Power
    replied
    Do you ever go to bed early just to keep the hunger away? I have heard of people doing this and this is only week 2 for me on my diet and I feel like 9pm is early but it may need to be lights out hahaha.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    When doing cardio what intensity level do you preform it at? Sorry for all the questions
    I think I've answered most of your questions if you re-read some older posts. In the past I've always done low intensity cardio, which for me is 65% MHR or about 118-120 beats per minute. I'd start out at 30 minutes and gradually work to 60 minutes daily during the diet. This year I've done high intensity, or 80% MHR, which is 145-150 bpm for me, doing 20 minutes per day. I've been seeing that a lot of people endorse high intensity interval training, but personally I don't see how this is truly possible as I have either the eliptical or stairmill at basically the highest level the entire time, and it takes me a good 4-5 minutes to get my heart rate up to the desired range.

During the past week while on vacation I rode my mountain bike on the road for 45 minutes daily, pushing the pace as hard as I could but only getting my pulse around 130 bpm before the lactic acid burn in my lower quads became unbearable.

Leave a comment:

• Norway Power
    replied
    When doing cardio what intensity level do you preform it at? Sorry for all the questions

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    How much of an importance do you place on pre-workout supplements?
    Not much, but that being said I do use pre, intra, and post supplements for insurance.

Preworkout I'll take three Hydroxycut Hardcore, six Prototype 216 (Amino Acids).

Intraworkout I drink one scoop of Nanovapor.

Postworkout I have two scoops Nitro-tech with one scoop Cell-tech.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by mrky03 View Post
    Tim, you are as inspiring as ever! I drink a lot of Crystal lite just to get though the day also! Do you drink diet soda as well?
    Generally no, but I just returned from a week long vacation at the beach with my wife's family, so I did have diet Coke at the restaurant meals. Now it's time to buckle down and get serious!

Leave a comment:

• Norway Power
    replied
    How much of an importance do you place on pre-workout supplements?

Leave a comment:

• mrky03
    replied
    Tim, you are as inspiring as ever! I drink a lot of Crystal lite just to get though the day also! Do you drink diet soda as well?

Leave a comment:

• Norway Power
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim Martin View Post
    I drink about two pitchers of Crystal Light lemonade per day.
    They are helping me just to get through the day. But I know that I will have to cut it out of the diet in 4-7 weeks, I think.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Do you ever drink Green tea or Crystal light when dieting to keep from over eating?
    I drink about two pitchers of Crystal Light lemonade per day.

Leave a comment:

• Norway Power
    replied
    Do you ever drink Green tea or Crystal light when dieting to keep from over eating?

Leave a comment:

• Norway Power
    replied
    I try to change machines, handles, angles, and reps week to week, but there are some set-ups that really enable a good mind-muscle connection that I'll repeat. I'll also be sure to mix "feel" and "heavy" exercises each workout.
    Thank you and you can count on more questions

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    and will you change your exercises every week or do you tend to keep them the same?
    I try to change machines, handles, angles, and reps week to week, but there are some set-ups that really enable a good mind-muscle connection that I'll repeat. I'll also be sure to mix "feel" and "heavy" exercises each workout.

Leave a comment:

• Norway Power
    replied
    A few things that I have always done are:

Devote a full day of the training split to back.

Pick at least three different angles for pulling movements, for example - wide pulldowns for outer/lower lats, straight rows for middle back, and bent over barbell or t-bar rows for upper/central back. I also do traps on back day and will alternate deadlifts and hyper-extensions for lower back.

One thing I have mentioned that I changed this year is that I'm focussing much more on feeling my back with each motion rather than just moving heavy weights.
    and will you change your exercises every week or do you tend to keep them the same?

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Alright Tim, I bet that you have already answered this but how do you train your back? What exercises do you think helped you build that beast? Oh, and best of luck.

Stay strong and positive

Erik
    A few things that I have always done are:

Devote a full day of the training split to back.

Pick at least three different angles for pulling movements, for example - wide pulldowns for outer/lower lats, straight rows for middle back, and bent over barbell or t-bar rows for upper/central back. I also do traps on back day and will alternate deadlifts and hyper-extensions for lower back.

One thing I have mentioned that I changed this year is that I'm focussing much more on feeling my back with each motion rather than just moving heavy weights.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X