Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Tim, how about some APTA links to Orthopaedic research?? haha, seriously tho maybe something about interventions that we can use on ourselves for injury/pain mgmt, mobilization, preventive/therapeutic exercises, when to use ice and/or heat... simple stuff like that would be pretty cool and definitely an extra reason to check out your site as opposed to other BBing sites
    http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...n?goto=newpost

Comment

Plenty of training pic are always good! We like the inspiration! Those walking lunges really are killer. I need to start doing them that way again.

Looking great!!

Comment

Thanks for the input, it's really appreciated. The trial version of the website should be available to me hopefully this week, and it should "go live" next week and should include all of the suggestions.

I went to judge an open NPC show this weekend here in Jersey. Victor Martinez and Desmond Miller were there, which got me amped just thinking about competing with real IFBB guys next year. As far as I know the contest schedule still hasn't come out, but if all goes well I will definitely be giving it at least one shot during the summer. I've been very good at adhering to the off season ketogenic diet I previously outlined as well as maintaining my 20 minutes of morning cardio. The funny thing is that because I'm constantly eating quality food there isn't much room or craving for junk. Every year it's exciting during the first few months after a show, and this year is no different. My goal is to compete next year at around 215 in hopefully better condition than this year, but we'll see how it all comes together the final few weeks.
        https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

My competition
          Attached Files

Comment

eh, don't beat yourself up Tim.... at least you can do walking lunges!! haha, seriously tho, you're huge and Vic is huger but you can always try to make yourself competitive with razor-sharp conditioning...

BTW, Tim why did you have to post those walking lunge pics up???? I got motivated to do them again (for the first time in about a year!) and MY ASS HURTS! Thank you

Comment

Just watched part of the "Flex Wheeler in the Trenches" clips on the main page. While I give him credit for continuing to train - naturally now - I was put off by his arrogance. What I don't get is that the same internet guys who kiss his ass and say how great he looks now are the same ones who are constantly calling all the top natural guys liars.

IMHO Flex had one of the greatest physiques in history. That said, as a "natural" bodybuilder he's just average. I would love for MD to do some "In the Trenches" with some real natural champions using big weights and big intensity!

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
                Just watched part of the "Flex Wheeler in the Trenches" clips on the main page. While I give him credit for continuing to train - naturally now - I was put off by his arrogance. What I don't get is that the same internet guys who kiss his ass and say how great he looks now are the same ones who are constantly calling all the top natural guys liars.

IMHO Flex had one of the greatest physiques in history. That said, as a "natural" bodybuilder he's just average. I would love for MD to do some "In the Trenches" with some real natural champions using big weights and big intensity!
                yea i thought the video kinda sucked too. flex is pretty annoying.

Comment

I thought it was tongue-in-cheek but it got annoying FAST!
                  www.ironbrendan.com

Comment

"This is **** ******* IN THE TRENCHES with TIM MARTIN, 2008 Team Universe overall winner...."

Comment

• Originally posted by PTmuscle View Post
                      "This is **** ******* IN THE TRENCHES with TIM MARTIN, 2008 Team Universe overall winner...."
                      Thanks, but I think you either have to be a SPECIES athlete or a paying client of Dave to be in a video.

Comment

• Just got the IFBB application today. It costs $200 to join, going up to $400 next year ! I still think there's a chance the NPC could send the US team to China next June for the World Games, but my gut says probably not. If they did send the team and I had already turned pro I wouldn't be allowed to go. Hmmmmmm...

Comment

• OK, here's my plan:

It looks like there is a good possibility that Jim Manion will send the US team to China in July for the World Games. I will hold off on applying for pro status until after this decision is made, then join the IFBB and do the Atlantic City Pro in September. He said the $400 penalty cost was just for late applicants, but he would waive fee that for a first time member.

Also, FYI, it looks like the Team Universe will be held September 18-19, 2009.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
                            Thanks, but I think you either have to be a SPECIES athlete or a paying client of Dave to be in a video.

You used his diet to acheive your best ever condition, so he would benefit getting you on their also...plus its great to see drug free guys like Jeff and yourself get more exposure, and it also goes to show people that a natural guy can use Dave's diet and come in shredded, dry and full.

Comment

• October has been a rough month! Over the summer when I switched to the ketogenic diet I eliminated the MonaVie antioxidant supplement I was using to avoid the carbohydrates. I gradually started experiencing more joint pain, specifically both knees and left elbow. Last week I began drinking pomegranite juice to see what effect it would have and immediately started feeling better.

Well, I just got back from the gym where I injured my oblique doing deadlifts. I haven't really incorporated deadlifts in a few months, and tried wearing my 4 inch Inzer powerlifting belt that I usually use for that exercise. It definitely felt too tight, but I didn't have any tools to adjust it so stupidly I tried using it, and bam, I felt like someone stabbed me under my ribcage as soon as I picked up a moderately heavy set. So I'm sitting here with an ice pack wrapped around my side, hoping it isn't too bad. Injuries SUCK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Naturally Built View Post
                                October has been a rough month! Over the summer when I switched to the ketogenic diet I eliminated the MonaVie antioxidant supplement I was using to avoid the carbohydrates. I gradually started experiencing more joint pain, specifically both knees and left elbow. Last week I began drinking pomegranite juice to see what effect it would have and immediately started feeling better.

Well, I just got back from the gym where I injured my oblique doing deadlifts. I haven't really incorporated deadlifts in a few months, and tried wearing my 4 inch Inzer powerlifting belt that I usually use for that exercise. It definitely felt too tight, but I didn't have any tools to adjust it so stupidly I tried using it, and bam, I felt like someone stabbed me under my ribcage as soon as I picked up a moderately heavy set. So I'm sitting here with an ice pack wrapped around my side, hoping it isn't too bad. Injuries SUCK!
                                I feel for you Tim.. Hoping a fast recovery for you brotha....
                                www.NJBodybuilding.com www.NPCNewJersey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X