Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norway Power
    replied
    Alright Tim, I bet that you have already answered this but how do you train your back? What exercises do you think helped you build that beast? Oh, and best of luck.

Stay strong and positive

Erik

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Couple of pics from Tony Monchinski (Musclemag):
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Five weeks out, weight continues to drop, about 214-215 now. Chris Mackenzie and I met with a photographer from Musclemag International yesterday down at Strong & Shapely Gym to shoot some pics for their "East Coast Muscle" column.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Six week until the IFBB Europa Pro in Hartford, CT. My weight is between 214-217 depending on the time of day. My goal is still to do the 202 division, but I will make the final call 2-3 weeks out depending on weight and condition. Looking back at some of my previous contest preps my weight seems to stabilize even though my condition keeps improving, however I'm continuing to pull carbs out of meals where I feel I can.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
    Tim no keto this year I assume

whats your diet like this time around....carb cycle, same daily, etc.
    No keto for me this year. I'm sticking with a very simple approach which is high protein. low fat, and low-moderate carbs. I'm giving myself room to pull carbs out as the diet progresses depending upon my bodyweight. I'm also doing HIT cardio instead of low intensity. Right now I'm doing 20 minutes daily at 80% MHR, but will probably increase to 25 minutes next week and go from there. I don't cycle my carbs for the simple fact that it would be too hard to monitor, but I do include one cheat meal every Friday night, although I don't go too crazy.

Leave a comment:

• bhman6
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim Martin View Post
    8 weeks from the IFBB Europa Hartford show, weight ranges between 215-218. (The last pic is my puppy Angus, 8 months - 90 lbs., with big brother Guinness, 5 years - 130 lbs.. Good luck breaking into my house! ). Today I'll start to cut back a little on my carbs from where I've been, taking out one scoop (was at 2 scoops) Cell-Tech pwo, and maybe replacing a Meso-Tech shake with Nitro-Tech.

Tim no keto this year I assume

whats your diet like this time around....carb cycle, same daily, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Just did an interview on:

http://promuscleradio.com/

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Couple more pics I thought I'd share. These are Angus training bite work.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    8 weeks from the IFBB Europa Hartford show, weight ranges between 215-218. (The last pic is my puppy Angus, 8 months - 90 lbs., with big brother Guinness, 5 years - 130 lbs.. Good luck breaking into my house! ). Today I'll start to cut back a little on my carbs from where I've been, taking out one scoop (was at 2 scoops) Cell-Tech pwo, and maybe replacing a Meso-Tech shake with Nitro-Tech.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tim Martin; May 30, 2010, 01:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    10 weeks out, about 219.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Went to the ABC event at Bodyworx gym in Paterson NJ today, had a great workout with Shaun "Giant Killer" Clarida.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tim Martin; May 15, 2010, 03:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KPipes0683
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim Martin View Post
    If you don't have to lose pounds to make a weight class then a very minimal dehydration (a few hours where you slightly decrease your fluid intake) is probably the best. If you have to make weight then your guess is as good as mine as I need to find what works best!

Gotcha. I think I'm going to experiment next week with my water intake and see if it delivers. The good thing is I have time to do so. I'm right at the top end of light-heavyweight right now and I'm pretty close to where I wanna be for the stage, but I know that it can always be better. Thanks a bunch for the reply man!

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by KPipes0683 View Post
    Hell yeah Tim, looking BEAST!!! Keep it up!

Before I head to the gym, I got a question for you. Do you do a water manipulation prior to contest? I'm confused whether or not to do one for my first show, which is July 17th. Some people say yes, and others are telling me to avoid doing so. Appreciate any clarification that you can give me on this man!

-Kevin
    If you don't have to lose pounds to make a weight class then a very minimal dehydration (a few hours where you slightly decrease your fluid intake) is probably the best. If you have to make weight then your guess is as good as mine as I need to find what works best!

Leave a comment:

• KPipes0683
    replied
    Hell yeah Tim, looking BEAST!!! Keep it up!

Before I head to the gym, I got a question for you. Do you do a water manipulation prior to contest? I'm confused whether or not to do one for my first show, which is July 17th. Some people say yes, and others are telling me to avoid doing so. Appreciate any clarification that you can give me on this man!

-Kevin
    Last edited by KPipes0683; May 5, 2010, 05:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• knewell
    replied
    look good as usual buddy, keep it up!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X