Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tim Martin Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Martin
    replied
    pics:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    I'm posting a "12 weeks out" update for 2010. My plan is to do the Europa Pro in Hartford and then a few weeks later the Europa Pro in Dallas. I've been dieting for four weeks now and have gone from the high 220's down to 221. This year I decided to go back to the diet I'm more comfortable with, which is low fat, high protein, and moderate carbs. The plan this year is to gradually drop carbs as the diet progresses, something I never really did before. A major change for me has been cardio. In the past I always did 60 minutes of low intensity (120 bpm) where as this year I'm doing 20 minutes of high intensity (150 bpm) on most days. I plan on making the 202 class, but hopefully with better results regarding making weight and then filling out but staying dry for the prejudging.

This year has seen a lot of nagging injuries but right now everything is feeling pretty good - probably because I've changed my focus in the gym to the more deliberate "feel" style of lifting.

These are the first pics I've taken all year, so we'll see how things progress...
    Last edited by Tim Martin; May 2, 2010, 04:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    I think you can get the Chris Faildo DVD at ChrisFaildo.com. I just bought the new Kai Greene DVD, but there is very little training footage, and I don't really care what Oscar Arden has to say . I have tried the Max-OT training method, but I think it puts too much emphasis on the weight used instead of feeling the movements, thus I got injured doing it.

Personally I change my training philosophies periodically depending on how my body is feeling. Right now, after my bicep injury, I'm focussing more on a feel and stretch/contract style and am very pleased. For example, a few pages ago I posted a video of Hatfield squats where I did 12 reps using 5 plates. After watching the video it was painfully obvious I wasn't going deep enough. Now after changing form where I go all the way down to the point where I'm basically relaxed at the bottom (passive insufficiency) I can only do about 6 reps with the same weight, but feel it much more - and without any knee pain.

Leave a comment:

• RUBICON19
    replied
    Originally posted by andrewT View Post
    Tim just wondering if you have ever tried max-ot style training and how you liked it compared to more conventional training.

Does anyone know where I can purchase this DVD mentioned in the first few pages that has the tasty chicken marinade in it?

thanks
    Tim mentions his experiance with Maox ot many times throughout this journal.. Read through if he isnt quick to respond..

Leave a comment:

• andrewT
    replied
    Tim just wondering if you have ever tried max-ot style training and how you liked it compared to more conventional training.

Does anyone know where I can purchase this DVD mentioned in the first few pages that has the tasty chicken marinade in it?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• andrewT
    replied
    subscribed to this! your a freak!

Leave a comment:

• Zenith
    replied
    Hey Tim congats on making it to the IFBB stage as a pro naturally thatís a huge accomplishment! From what I have read you have been training/competing for over 20 years? What would you main advice be to a young aspiring natural bodybuilder?

We also have a natural INBA champion in Australia named Tim Martin, when I saw the thread I thought it was him lol, will attach a pic;
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    I have tried hook grip - talk about pain! I guess it's something you get used to, but my thumbs had a hard time with 315. For now I'm resolved to stick with bodybuilding, and using my Versa-Grips when I do deads. Thanks for the suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• EricM
    replied
    Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
    damn dude sorry to hear that

have you ever considered learning the hook grip to prevent supination on your heavy ass deads
    hook grip is the way to go. its a bitch in the beginning but after using it a few times i have never gone back to over/under. i dont want to risk a bicep tear.

Leave a comment:

• bhman6
    replied
    damn dude sorry to hear that

have you ever considered learning the hook grip to prevent supination on your heavy ass deads

Leave a comment:

• KPipes0683
    replied
    ^Man that sucks bro!!!! Sorry to hear that, what a bummer. Hope you make a solid recovery Tim. I'm dealing with an injury myself, a weird one at that. I injured my left trap on barbell incline last feb. or march and it's been giving me crap since. It has drifted into my front delt and bicep tendon over a period of time and according to my massage therapist, apparently they're all on the same band(or whatever she told me). I've had to stop barbell/dumbbell pressing of any kind, which sucks BIG TIME!!! I've been trying to nurse it, but make gains at the same time with the exercises that I can perform.

Once again, hope you recover well man!

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Very bummed out today because during my back workout yesterday I popped a left elbow flexor tendon (biceps or pronator teres) trying 635. I was able to do chest today (no dumbbells) but this means I won't be able to do my powerlifting meet at the end of February. I've injured this same area on both elbows before, always on movements that use extreme supination (underhand pulldowns and straight bar curls). Injuries suck!!!

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    2 pictures from this morning's back workout. I'm at week 4 of a 10 week peaking program. After warm-ups I did 2 reps of 630 followed by 5 "speed sets" of 525x3. Grip is not a problem, but I have to say getting over the mental hurdle of handling heavy weights is the most challenging thing. After that I did a normal back routine of machine pull-downs, low-pulley rows (straight bar), machine rows, and close grip pull-downs.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tim Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
    Tim that's awesome....PL is a blast for sure

what organization are you planning on competing in?
    It's the USAPL. The website says the state record for deadlift in the 242'2 is 683, so that's my goal. I tried again to put on the powersuit and got it farther up my legs using grocery bags, but the pain in my adductors just wasn't worth it so I'll return in and just use a regular singlet.

Leave a comment:

• bhman6
    replied
    Tim that's awesome....PL is a blast for sure

what organization are you planning on competing in?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X