Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kejohn3 View Post
    Fat was around 50g tops and that is being generous. Since this last saturday i have been trying the cut diet and it is going good. I'm following the 2500 calorie version. I am also using xtend with the substance wpi. I go to school at isu. If you have any tips for dorm dieting it would be appreciated. Thanks and what is your honest opinoin on switching diet strategies this late in the game.
    it's fine so long as you can stick with it and get lean enough. any pics so we can see if you are on track?
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• The name is Keith, no pics right now but hopefully within the week. You guys will have to tell me how to post them i am horrible with computers. I have red hair so i will be pretty obvious when you see me at the show.
      Last edited by kejohn3; February 28, 2007, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kejohn3 View Post
        The name is Keith, no pics right now but hopefully within the week. You guys will have to tell me how to post them i am horrible with computers. I have red hair so i will be pretty obvious when you see me at the show.
        cool i'll watch for ya and yell at ya when you reax the abs and/or quads......KEEP EM' TIGHT!
        2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

• Originally posted by The True Adonis View Post
          I drink a half a bottle a night usually. (2 glasses or so)
          Cabernet Sauvignon.

Frank Zane used to as well all the way up until the Olympia.
          Well there's one thing I can emphatically agree with you on - Cabernet Sauvignon is my favourite as well.

I believe I first read about the benefits of red wine in Franco's nutrition book (which was surprisingly good) years ago where he recommended it for the anti-oxidants and enzymes. There have been so many positive studies, not to mention real world evidence ie) French people eat high fat diets but have high life expectancies attributed to their love of wine that I think it's more important than any supplement myself, and certainly a lot more fun to take than a multi-vitamin

Comment

• Originally posted by onemorerep View Post
            Well there's one thing I can emphatically agree with you on - Cabernet Sauvignon is my favourite as well.

I believe I first read about the benefits of red wine in Franco's nutrition book (which was surprisingly good) years ago where he recommended it for the anti-oxidants and enzymes. There have been so many positive studies, not to mention real world evidence ie) French people eat high fat diets but have high life expectancies attributed to their love of wine that I think it's more important than any supplement myself, and certainly a lot more fun to take than a multi-vitamin
            Jezebelle and I have gotten really bad.

We won`t even touch a wine unless its over 40 dollars.

Your taste evolves with wine.

Although there are a few cheapies for 10-20 dollars that are decent.

Comment

• Red Wine is by far one of the best Supplements you can ingest.

Comment

• I`m drinking a Mid "Cheapie" of sorts right now before I eat My Lamb and Vegetables. Its very good though.

It runs about 30-40 dollars, Beringer Knights Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.

Comment

I`m drinking a Mid "Cheapie" of sorts right now before I eat My Lamb and Vegetables. Its very good though.

It runs about 30-40 dollars, Beringer Knights Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.
                  I'll try that... I can't drink any other alcohol anymore... Always gives me the blahs the next day... even one beer just makes my mouth go

Comment

• Originally posted by tu_holmes View Post
                    I'll try that... I can't drink any other alcohol anymore... Always gives me the blahs the next day... even one beer just makes my mouth go
                    Make friends with the Wine seller or manager.

They ALWAYS hook you up, especially when you refer people. That is the way it works in that business.

Comment

Make friends with the Wine seller or manager.

They ALWAYS hook you up, especially when you refer people. That is the way it works in that business.
                      Thanks... I'll do just that.

Comment

• My fav. cabs are definitely, silver oak, toasted head, Mt. Veeder, Sterling SVR...I also like the distinctive red varietals ( pinot noirs, shirazz, syrahs, etc.) for less, "saucy" dishes where the tannin isn't as strong and doesn't over power my food. I only drink wine on my cheat days, and still that's only once and a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlteredBeast86 View Post
                          My fav. cabs are definitely, silver oak, toasted head, Mt. Veeder, Sterling SVR...I also like the distinctive red varietals ( pinot noirs, shirazz, syrahs, etc.) for less, "saucy" dishes where the tannin isn't as strong and doesn't over power my food. I only drink wine on my cheat days, and still that's only once and a while.
                          Sterling I found pretty good as well.

Try Pio, Opus One and Ruffino Classico Reserva Chianti

You will like.

Comment

• Saw this in the News Today.

"Wine May Improve Health, Add Years To Life"

A little wine with dinner just might help add years to your life. Experts found drinking small daily amounts of alcohol can be healthful.

Dutch doctors made the conclusion; drinking a little alcohol every day may improve heart health and even extend your lifespan, after a study of more than 1, 300 men born in the early part of last century.

Researchers tracked the men for 40 years, asking them periodically about their alcohol consumption.

The results showed that men who drank around one to two glasses of any type of alcoholic beverage had a 36% reduced risk of death compared to men who didn't drink alcohol.

Most of the benefit came from a reduction in deaths due to heart disease.

Doctors think that alcohol may help improve circulation, which leads to lower heart risk.

The findings from the study also suggest that wine drinkers get the most health benefits.

The men who drank a little bit of wine every day lived nearly four years longer than non-wine drinkers. They also lived two years longer than men drinking other types of alcohol.

Experts said it's important to drink in moderation to improve health since heavy drinking actually increases illness and risk of death.

Comment

• Hahaha Opus One!! You gonna pay for it?

Comment

• layne,

Hey bro, are you going to be at the Ottawa show (march 31) Mid-Illinois show...Im going to the night show...maybe pre-judging depends if the wife has to work that morning...Let me know...

chris
                                SPONSORED BY MUSCLECHEMISTRY.COM

Comment

Working...
                                X