Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    the standard is a 2:1:1 ratio of leucine:isoleucine:valine. This prevents leucine causing a depletion of the other BCAAs. (in order to metabolize 2 leucine molecules you must metabolize a valine & an isoleucine). I forget the mechanism behind it though; guess I should read up on it before prelims
    thanks, i will keep looking, btw, capsules are good? powder better?

Comment

• Originally posted by ccc_javier View Post
      thanks, i will keep looking, btw, capsules are good? powder better?
      I actually just asked Layne this question the other day. He said powder is always better.
      www.naturaliowamuscle.com
      www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

No problem Ryan, glad you found it motivating. I can't watch vids of myself. I laugh, I think I look like an idiot. LOL. But all that huffing and puffing and talking to myself and what not... it just comes out when I get in the gym and it's just something that helps me get the most out of my workout. I know lifting weights isn't life or death, but before lifts like deads & squats, I have to convince myself that it's damn near life or death otherwise there is no way I'd be able to constantly push to the next level.

And yet... I still look like a hollering moron
        Brother, I hear you! I train at home in my basement, so I don't need to care about the loud noises I make (unless I wake up the kids that are 2 floors up). When you're taking on the big exercises with some big weights, you gotta get mad at it!! My wife (who I train with) used to think I was a freak, but has now gotten used to it (she still thinks I'm a freak, but she has accepted this).
        www.naturaliowamuscle.com
        www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

No problem Ryan, glad you found it motivating. I can't watch vids of myself. I laugh, I think I look like an idiot. LOL. But all that huffing and puffing and talking to myself and what not...
          screw that. u pumped me up too! made me motivated and want to train the house down. if u make a dvd (especially would be great just to have u talking alot too) i would support it!

ps - have a billy guns vs vince goodrum pose down as special features too lol

Comment

• Originally posted by DEDICATE92 View Post
            Brother, I hear you! I train at home in my basement, so I don't need to care about the loud noises I make
            u are so lucky, i feel very coincious at my gym i get the vibe i will get in trouble if im loud so i limit the sound and lower it lol

Comment

• Originally posted by SONOFMIKEMENTZER View Post
              screw that. u pumped me up too! made me motivated and want to train the house down. if u make a dvd (especially would be great just to have u talking alot too) i would support it!

ps - have a billy guns vs vince goodrum pose down as special features too lol
              Well I guess it's time to tell you guys. I'm 99% sure this offseason DVD is GOING to happen. I can garuntee that it's going to be entertaining as hell and not boring like 99% of bodybuilding DVDs.

What I'm looking for from you guys are ideas for a title. Right now i'm leaning towards Layne Norton: Unleashed

that has been my favorite title suggestion thus far. However if one of you guys comes up with a better suggestion I'll send you a signed copy of the DVD and work with you for 3 months of free nutritional consultation.

Let's hear your ideas... wow me fellas

-Layne
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Question

I'm doing the Palumbo diet (14 weeks so far)
                Until about 2 weeks ago I was using ON 100% Whey (2 scoops + fats) 3 a day.
                I grabbed a jug of Met-** whey (chocolate, same dosing) and I was fine
                Then I got Met-** cookies and cream (again everything the same) and things did NOT come out fine... if you get my drift.

I brought that jug back to see if they had any ON 100% yet and they did.
                However the guy told me I was wasting my $ as I would never use 50 grams of whey from that product. Also said that because I am "forcing my body to try and absorb that much" I could become lactose intolerant.

Being that Pro is your specialty I wanted your opinion on this one.
                A - Will I use 50 grams of pro?
                B - Could something "cause" me to become lactose intolerant?

Also keep in mind that he was pushing the Isopure zero carb as a better Pro source (more expensive), and seemed to think that then, I would absorb it.

Any thoughts??

Thanks
                Joe

Comment

• Unleashed sounds cool.
                  What about Unchained? Since your study in protein synthesis has bonds or chains. That may sounds to much like a prison movie
                  If you had your PhD already you could have the nickname
                  Dr. Damage or Professor Punishment lol
                  Super stoked to hear about a DVD. I'm sure it will be great.
                  Now how in the hell are you going to do that and plan a wedding at the same time?
                  Assistant to the regional manager.
                  Iron8 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                    Question

I'm doing the Palumbo diet (14 weeks so far)
                    Until about 2 weeks ago I was using ON 100% Whey (2 scoops + fats) 3 a day.
                    I grabbed a jug of Met-** whey (chocolate, same dosing) and I was fine
                    Then I got Met-** cookies and cream (again everything the same) and things did NOT come out fine... if you get my drift.

I brought that jug back to see if they had any ON 100% yet and they did.
                    However the guy told me I was wasting my $ as I would never use 50 grams of whey from that product. Also said that because I am "forcing my body to try and absorb that much" I could become lactose intolerant.

Being that Pro is your specialty I wanted your opinion on this one.
                    A - Will I use 50 grams of pro?
                    B - Could something "cause" me to become lactose intolerant?

Also keep in mind that he was pushing the Isopure zero carb as a better Pro source (more expensive), and seemed to think that then, I would absorb it.

Any thoughts??

Thanks
                    Joe
                    Joe,
                    disregard anything that man said. he is ignorant.
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• dude, i once prepped for 5 shows through a spring break trip to key west, graduation where my whole family came down to florida for me, dealing with them, then moving all my stuff back up to indiana.

I get at least 150 emails/messages per day. what's a little dvd
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

dude, i once prepped for 5 shows through a spring break trip to key west, graduation where my whole family came down to florida for me, dealing with them, then moving all my stuff back up to indiana.

I get at least 150 emails/messages per day. what's a little dvd
                        You are a crazy s.o.b. I knew I liked you for a reason. lol
                        Assistant to the regional manager.
                        Iron8 approved

Comment

Well I guess it's time to tell you guys. I'm 99% sure this offseason DVD is GOING to happen. I can garuntee that it's going to be entertaining as hell and not boring like 99% of bodybuilding DVDs.

What I'm looking for from you guys are ideas for a title. Right now i'm leaning towards Layne Norton: Unleashed

that has been my favorite title suggestion thus far. However if one of you guys comes up with a better suggestion I'll send you a signed copy of the DVD and work with you for 3 months of free nutritional consultation.

Let's hear your ideas... wow me fellas

-Layne
                          Glad to hear you are gonna do the DVD Layne.
                          Derek Charlebois- Director of R&D/Marketing for Scivation Inc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beast View Post
                            Glad to hear you are gonna do the DVD Layne.
                            you just want whackin' material
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

you just want whackin' material
                              If whackin' by you mean something hard that I don't care if it breaks to whack bugs with then yes...
                              Last edited by Beast; August 3, 2007, 04:06 PM.
                              Derek Charlebois- Director of R&D/Marketing for Scivation Inc.

Comment

• LOL
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X