Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i am going to be there... i have 2 clients competing
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

    Comment


    • Originally posted by The True Adonis View Post
      Jezebelle and I have gotten really bad.

      We won`t even touch a wine unless its over 40 dollars.

      Your taste evolves with wine.

      Although there are a few cheapies for 10-20 dollars that are decent.
      You are a fool if you equate wine quality with price. While there is somewhat of a correlation your "$40 barrier" is a rather ignorant one as there is typically very little difference between wines in the $30 region and those in the $40's. You'll need to go much higher than that for any real difference and even that is no guarantee. Do you really think a bottle of Chateau Petrus is worth $500 or more?

      I've poured more $50+ wines down the drain than I care to remember. Take Italy and France...two countries that produce great but overpriced wine. I've had more than my share of mediocre Barolo's or Brunellos than I care to remember that I've paid over $70 for. I'm rarely disappointed with Oregon's pinots while I've had more than my share of overpriced Burgundies. In fact, my wine pick of this year was a whopping $20:

      Benton Lane 2004 Pinot Noir - Willamette Valley, Oregon

      Wine Spectator included it in it's top 100 (#80 I believe) of the year and I couldn't agree more.

      In fact, I'm sipping a 2003 Clos LaChance Hummingbird Cabernet as I type this and it's quite delicious. Another $20 stunner. Don't be so closed minded or are you just trying to brag over the internet?

      If you want any help choosing some good wines I'll be happy to help you.

      Comment


      • Layne & Isabel at the Arnold.

        Follow us on Twitter or Facebook

        Comment


        • thank god she's hot lol
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

          Comment


          • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            thank god she's hot lol
            She a cutie pie, you're a lucky guy.
            Follow us on Twitter or Facebook

            Comment


            • and you know this...
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

              Comment


              • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                and you know this...
                Hey Layne, I think he was just trying to rhyme.. lol
                Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  and you know this...
                  I know alot of things, Bro!
                  Follow us on Twitter or Facebook

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RJP View Post
                    You are a fool if you equate wine quality with price. While there is somewhat of a correlation your "$40 barrier" is a rather ignorant one as there is typically very little difference between wines in the $30 region and those in the $40's. You'll need to go much higher than that for any real difference and even that is no guarantee. Do you really think a bottle of Chateau Petrus is worth $500 or more?

                    I've poured more $50+ wines down the drain than I care to remember. Take Italy and France...two countries that produce great but overpriced wine. I've had more than my share of mediocre Barolo's or Brunellos than I care to remember that I've paid over $70 for. I'm rarely disappointed with Oregon's pinots while I've had more than my share of overpriced Burgundies. In fact, my wine pick of this year was a whopping $20:

                    Benton Lane 2004 Pinot Noir - Willamette Valley, Oregon

                    Wine Spectator included it in it's top 100 (#80 I believe) of the year and I couldn't agree more.

                    In fact, I'm sipping a 2003 Clos LaChance Hummingbird Cabernet as I type this and it's quite delicious. Another $20 stunner. Don't be so closed minded or are you just trying to brag over the internet?

                    If you want any help choosing some good wines I'll be happy to help you.
                    While I agree to some extent, (I hated an 80 dollar 1998 Ridge Mont Bello), anything over a certain price seems to always be better.

                    Of course there are exceptions and I have had some decent Cheapies. I have the new Wine Spectator list, the Top 100 and absolutely love some of the cheaper on the list.

                    I have found 2 that aren`t too expensive. Travaglini and Trefethen.

                    What do you recommend?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by The True Adonis View Post
                      While I agree to some extent, (I hated an 80 dollar 1998 Ridge Mont Bello), anything over a certain price seems to always be better.

                      Of course there are exceptions and I have had some decent Cheapies. I have the new Wine Spectator list, the Top 100 and absolutely love some of the cheaper on the list.

                      I have found 2 that aren`t too expensive. Travaglini and Trefethen.

                      What do you recommend?
                      It's getting tough to find since WS's list came out but the 2003 Argyle Nuthouse Pinot Noir is unbelievable (I'm sorry I didn't get more of it - I'm a fanatic for good Pinot). The 2001 Allegrini Amarone is also fantastic and is still fairly easy to find although I suppose I'm making your case as both are over $40

                      A great site I subscribe to is http://www.wine-searcher.com/ . The free version is decent for finding distributors of your favorite bottles that may be hard to find but the pay version is better and it's only $30 a year. Well worth it.

                      PM me if you need more info as I don't want to sully up Layne's thread with wine talk.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by The True Adonis View Post
                        Jezebelle and I have gotten really bad.

                        We won`t even touch a wine unless its over 40 dollars.

                        Your taste evolves with wine.

                        Although there are a few cheapies for 10-20 dollars that are decent.
                        We've found a cheap wine that we enjoy a lot (haven't bought it in a while now that I'm dieting, wish I could remember the name of it but I know it by sight) problem is if I enjoy it too much I drink too much I tend to look at a 50 dollar bottle of wine and think of what I could do with the extra 40 dollars or so, especially if we drink a couple of bottles a week. I lived in the Niagara region for 5 or 6 years where local Ice Wine is really big (and tasty) but with tiny bottles starting at $40 I didn't drink it much. My wine knowledge is pretty basic, but from what I've seen in documentaries, it would be very easy to get caught up in the scene which is why I try and avoid it lol.

                        Comment


                        • haven't tried much wine , but i do enjoy the yellow tail merlot , starting to drink a glass a night for health benifits

                          Comment


                          • Hey Layne i was wondering..what are your views on **** *******'s diet which is a you probably already know high protein, mod-high on fats, and no carbs with a refeed every 6 or 7 days? Do you think this dieting strategy would work with natural athletes?

                            Steve

                            Comment


                            • only if you are extremely insulin insensitive. will you lose fat? absolutely. but it will flatten you out big time and you will not feel good at all, you will feel like absolute crap. again, the knock on natural bodybuilders is always that they look like 'swimmer's' or 'anorexic' so you want to maintain as much fullness as possible. My philosophy is to keep as many carbs as possible while still maintaining the appropriate rate of fat loss... what that carb level ends up being varies for the individual
                              BioLayne LLC
                              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                                only if you are extremely insulin insensitive. will you lose fat? absolutely. but it will flatten you out big time and you will not feel good at all, you will feel like absolute crap. again, the knock on natural bodybuilders is always that they look like 'swimmer's' or 'anorexic' so you want to maintain as much fullness as possible. My philosophy is to keep as many carbs as possible while still maintaining the appropriate rate of fat loss... what that carb level ends up being varies for the individual
                                Thats exactly what was running through my mind, i figured that 6 days going no carbs for a natural bodybuilder would have them flatten out big time and make it very hard to fill up and have energy to train. Im not going to start my diet until December so i was just brainstorming on different dieting techniques...last time around Dr. Joe was helping me and everything was going great the first 10 weeks of the diet but at about 4 weeks out my fat loss just came to a hault and it was hell getting rid of the last 6-7 pounds and that extra cardio and carb depletion just made me flatten out big time...i looked my best between 3-4 weeks out the last two weeks i looked very flat and i lost too much muscle in order to get my bf down... but this time im going to keep my protein very high when i drop my carbs and keep the fat moderate and keep the good old bcaa's high thoughout...i just cant wait until December!!
                                Last edited by Steve56; March 9, 2007, 02:21 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X