Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    well increasing insulin would drop your blood glucose and since according to the ketogenic people out there insulin is this evil hormone that causes you to store massive amounts of fat... you wouldn't want that.

that said.. insulin isn't as evil as everyone thinks.

oversecretion of insulin= very bad

normal modulation of insulin= optimal
    Answered my question. If you really thought you had an issue with insulin, one could simply test their blood sugar throughout the day and with that info make the decision.
    Assistant to the regional manager.
    Iron8 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by SONOFMIKEMENTZER View Post
      anyone know where layne gave his opinion on servings per day and cycling of creatine? if u remember let me know guys.
      Don't remember the specific threads where he has addressed it, but he believes that 5g per day is sufficient and that cycling and loading is not necessary. I think he takes his post-workout.

Comment

• sorry if this has been covered before but when getting ready for a contest or dropping BF in general are there benefits supplementing with fiber?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

you could add in a bit more late tonight and just take it out of tommorow's totals
          Will do, thanks!
          www.naturaliowamuscle.com
          www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• Originally posted by hossjob View Post
            U-Hulk, So are you saying that you can be ketogenic and still utilize insuligenics like 4-hydroxy, k-r-ala, etc... and they will be effective and not decrease the benefits of the diet?
            I don't really know, since it's been a few years since my "ketogenic phase", and I never ran into that specific topic myself. Trying to slightly increase insulin during / after your workout is something that might fit into a TKD approach, but IMO for bodybuilding purposes the most applicable ketogenic diet is the CKD. In the CKD the ketogenic phase would not be the time to utilize insulinogenics, and apparently even during the carb load the sudden increase in carbs and lack of dietary fat will drive insulin levels through the roof all on its own. So I wouldn't imagine there to be any need for insulinogenics even on a CKD. But that's just my understanding of the issue, and I'm not an expert so I might very well be wrong.

Comment

• Earlier in this thread Layne described how the body utlizes insoluble fiber. Basically, paraphrasing Layne (and he can correct me if I'm wrong), fiber ends up being recognized as around 3 cals per gram, instead of 4 that normal carbs are. Something about the way fiber binds and then is reabsorbed in teh intestines as fatty acids.
              TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
              www.fitcorps.net

Comment

• teaser 2 year out pics

about 218 here. been dieting for 5 weeks for my dvd
                Attached Files
                BioLayne LLC
                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by thagman View Post
                  Don't remember the specific threads where he has addressed it, but he believes that 5g per day is sufficient and that cycling and loading is not necessary. I think he takes his post-workout.
                  thank you for ur help

Comment

teaser 2 year out pics

Looking thick and sick man!!

Can't wait to see the DVD!
                    www.naturaliowamuscle.com
                    www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• quick question

not sure if this is a stupid question and
                      I hope this hasn't been asked before but
                      once you mix your BCAA's how long before they're no longer viable or lose their potency?
                      or do they?
                      I generally mix 5 g with crystal light after working out but I don't finish drinking them for another 30-45 mins while I commute to work.
                      http://stormone.etsy.com

Comment

• Wow Layne. Vast improvements. Back is looking totally different. Just far wider and thicker (the detail was not a problem to say the least). How much dieting do you plan on doing before the DVD? In your current condition what would you guestamate your contest weight would be? High 190's?
                        Assistant to the regional manager.
                        Iron8 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by SONOFMIKEMENTZER View Post
                          thank you for ur help
                          No problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigafro View Post
                            not sure if this is a stupid question and
                            I hope this hasn't been asked before but
                            once you mix your BCAA's how long before they're no longer viable or lose their potency?
                            or do they?
                            I generally mix 5 g with crystal light after working out but I don't finish drinking them for another 30-45 mins while I commute to work.
                            hell... it would be fine for months.
                            BioLayne LLC
                            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

hell... it would be fine for months.
                              ok cool.
                              thanks!
                              http://stormone.etsy.com

Comment

teaser 2 year out pics

Lookin' thick, bro. Keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X