Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    oh wow, that's awesome. what classes are you entering?
    I'm doing both the novice and open. I'm 5'10 so I should be in the tall class.

Comment

• Lanye:

I tried to ask people this over at the creatine.tv thread. Lanye your old artcile mentiones at b.com mentions cycles of creatine. What do you think is the affective stop time and off period?

I was thinking stop at somewhere between 8-12 weeks. But not sure how long off for the body to recover.
      Attached Files
      "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
        is this bacially all h.i.i.t. cardio is

http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/justin6.htm
        yup
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnvil View Post
          Lanye:

I tried to ask people this over at the creatine.tv thread. Lanye your old artcile mentiones at b.com mentions cycles of creatine. What do you think is the affective stop time and off period?

I was thinking stop at somewhere between 8-12 weeks. But not sure how long off for the body to recover.
          at least a month
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Update <11 weeks out

Layne,

Did my refeed day on Friday and was ready for it. Felt great and hope it carries me through the week again. Bodyfat went down a percent (now at 10%), staying on track to hit that 4% mark. HIIT tomorrow, looking forward to hitting the track again (kinda fun)!
            www.naturaliowamuscle.com
            www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• layne you have probabaly seen this study already,

1. Tipton KD, Rasmussen BB, Miller SL, Wolf SE, Owens-Stovall SK, Petrini BE, and Wolfe RR. Timing of amino acid-carbohydrate ingestion alters anabolic response of muscle to resistance exercise. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 281: E197-206, 2001.

here is what the study indicated - These results indicate that the response of net muscle protein synthesis to consumption of an EAC solution immediately before resistance exercise is greater than that when the solution is consumed after exercise, primarily because of an increase in muscle protein synthesis as a result of increased delivery of amino acids to the leg.

so why don't you advocate having higher gi carbs before as well as after a workout?

Comment

• Layne, if your shoulders over power your chest, is it a good idea to back off shoulder training? ive been thinking of backing off my shoulder training and back training and increase my leg and chest training to bring up my sweep and chest.. what do you think?

Comment

• layne,

so for creatine u recomend 5 grams per day for 8 weeks, then take at least a month off?

does that sound like a smart plan for me to do?

Comment

• Originally posted by hulk7280 View Post
                    Layne, if your shoulders over power your chest, is it a good idea to back off shoulder training? ive been thinking of backing off my shoulder training and back training and increase my leg and chest training to bring up my sweep and chest.. what do you think?
                    I think you may try pre-exhausting chest with flyes then move to presses
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Rzilla View Post
                      layne you have probabaly seen this study already,

1. Tipton KD, Rasmussen BB, Miller SL, Wolf SE, Owens-Stovall SK, Petrini BE, and Wolfe RR. Timing of amino acid-carbohydrate ingestion alters anabolic response of muscle to resistance exercise. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 281: E197-206, 2001.

here is what the study indicated - These results indicate that the response of net muscle protein synthesis to consumption of an EAC solution immediately before resistance exercise is greater than that when the solution is consumed after exercise, primarily because of an increase in muscle protein synthesis as a result of increased delivery of amino acids to the leg.

so why don't you advocate having higher gi carbs before as well as after a workout?
                      I have a problem with the method they use to measure synthesis as it requires a 'steady state' and exercise is NOT steady state
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

i count them
                        Don't mean to be redundant but just to confirm, you count your Xtend calories in your overall macros? You list them as PRO, correct?

thx

Comment

• Originally posted by SONOFMIKEMENTZER View Post
                          layne,

so for creatine u recomend 5 grams per day for 8 weeks, then take at least a month off?

does that sound like a smart plan for me to do?
                          i thought you only had to go off if you had an actual load. like 5g 5 times per day.

Comment

• Originally posted by unoigo View Post
                            Don't mean to be redundant but just to confirm, you count your Xtend calories in your overall macros? You list them as PRO, correct?

thx
                            yes
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

yes
                              i believe 2 scoops of xtend would be 10g protein then?

Comment

• layne ,

how do you plan your eating around h.i.i.t.?

how many times a wekk do you recomend h.i.i.t cardio for bulking/cutting?

would you perform weights and h.i.i.t cardio in the same day or on seperate days?

Comment

Working...
                                X