Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• layne ur opinion on skip la cour's 4-6 reps for bodybuilding he says because: 1- more reps than that and a persons concentration and quality of contractions decline and

2- it constantly makes ur body adapt cos of the increasing and heavy workload.

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
      guess max-ot was made to sell supplements.

Not necessarily. Max-OT was based on Maximum Load=Maximum Muscle Fiber Recruitment. A LOT of TOP natural bodybuilders swear by it. Again, genetics aside, it may however not be the most optimal way to train. It's all about finding a system that works for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by SONOFMIKEMENTZER View Post
        layne ur opinion on skip la cour's 4-6 reps for bodybuilding he says because: 1- more reps than that and a persons concentration and quality of contractions decline and

Skip has very good points here. But why not use other rep ranges in combination? I've not quite understood this yet. Obviously Skip's physique speaks for itself. I just don't necessarily agree, it's the "Optimal" way to train

Comment

• Originally posted by Trainer4Life View Post
          Skip has very good points here. But why not use other rep ranges in combination? I've not quite understood this yet. Obviously Skip's physique speaks for itself. I just don't necessarily agree, it's the "Optimal" way to train

thought about this , if this was true then how come power lifters don't look like bodybuilders so much? and always training 4-6 reps i feel your joints will kill you years down the road. and overload is only 1 of many ways to build muscle, i think ast put this program out to simplfy and make muscle building less stressful and easy to do

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
            thought about this , if this was true then how come power lifters don't look like bodybuilders so much? and always training 4-6 reps i feel your joints will kill you years down the road. and overload is only 1 of many ways to build muscle, i think ast put this program out to simplfy and make muscle building less stressful and easy to do
            Wait a minute though..... Most of the top bodybuilders did START out as POWERLIFTERS. The powerlifting backround gave them a foundation and powerlifting style is what creates the very dense, hard muscle. So powerlifting should definately be included in the bodybuilders program. I've also known guys who transitioned from powerlifting to bodybuilding and say one of their big advantages to their musculature is doing powerlifting. Another point to make is that heavy, explosive powerlifting floods the body with testosterone which creates an anabolic environment that lighter weight, high rep workouts could never do. And also this is the way i train for mass, to me it's the only way to get big. I've gotten results so this is the way i'll always train, even when cutting down for a contest. I keep the training the same and let the diet and cardio cut me up.

Comment

• The difference between bodybuilders and power lifters is body fat levels and body shape. Muscle is muscle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
                So because I'm a nerd I did the macros for this conconction.
                This is each shake:
                Calories - 3506
                Protein - 160
                Fats - 210
                Carbs - 270
                At 3 a day is:
                Calories - 10,518
                Protein - 480
                Fats - 630
                Carbs - 810
                What's your stats? Cause this is Jay Cutler numbers here
                I didn't meen drink this whole thing everyday < i meant mix it up in a gallon and drink 3 GLASSES of it a day not 3 of ^^^ that, that would be insane

Comment

• Pardon me if the first question has been asked before, Layne :

1 What is your opinion on CLA? Is it worth considering? If so what dose would be the most beneficial?

2 Pound for pound who would you consider the strongest natural bodybuilder on the current circuit.

3 Can one take Calcium & Zinc together?

Comment

• Originally posted by SONOFMIKEMENTZER View Post
                    layne ur opinion on skip la cour's 4-6 reps for bodybuilding he says because: 1- more reps than that and a persons concentration and quality of contractions decline and

it is useful to work in pure power rep ranges and move a lot of weight.

it is also useful to work in higher rep ranges and get the pump

do all rep ranges between 2-20

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne45.htm
                    BioLayne LLC
                    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Pearce View Post
                      layne

anti-biotics, like amoxicilin etc.. are they catabolic, whataffects do they have on protein synthesis and recovery? will it inhibit gains? sorry i know its a similar question as the advil one.. just curious..and sick..
                      doesn't matter. You aren't going to gain while being sick. Fever is a highly catabolic state... you are better off getting well by any means nessecary even if it means short term catabolism.
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by cuts280 View Post
                        Pardon me if the first question has been asked before, Layne :

1 What is your opinion on CLA? Is it worth considering? If so what dose would be the most beneficial?

2 Pound for pound who would you consider the strongest natural bodybuilder on the current circuit.

3 Can one take Calcium & Zinc together?
                        I believe you have to get the right isomer. There is a 9,11 & a 10,12 isomer. I forget which one is the good one. One has very good benefits, the other can actually cause insulin resistance

2. that's a tough one. Rob Hope competes in powerlifting competitively, not sure of his lifts. Some of the most impressive feats i've seen

-Kurt Weidner raw deadlift 605X4
                        -Duke Bell squatting 495 for 10 sets of 10

-Layne
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                          2. that's a tough one. Rob Hope competes in powerlifting competitively, not sure of his lifts. Some of the most impressive feats i've seen

-Kurt Weidner raw deadlift 605X4
                          -Duke Bell squatting 495 for 10 sets of 10

-Layne
                          -Layne Norton front squatting 385x6!!
                          www.naturaliowamuscle.com
                          www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• well it was only 5 reps... and that is not even in the top 20 of most impressive natural bodybuilder lifts i'm sure
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by DEDICATE92 View Post
                              -Layne Norton front squatting 385x6!!
                              Indeed.
                              One my personal favorites of him. Can't beat the commentary either.
                              Definitely one clip that drives me to just destroy the weights when I train (granted my weights are much much smaller). lol
                              Assistant to the regional manager.
                              Iron8 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
                                Indeed.
                                One my personal favorites of him. Can't beat the commentary either.
                                Definitely one clip that drives me to just destroy the weights when I train (granted my weights are much much smaller). lol
                                Yep, hitting them myself tomorrow morning, you know that I'll have it in my head!!
                                www.naturaliowamuscle.com
                                www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

Working...
                                X