Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• layne you ever watch rob hopes dvd? is it just him working out or is it an informal dvd that teaches you techniqes about his training style and theory?

Comment

• Thanx for the answers, Layne.

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
        layne you ever watch rob hopes dvd? is it just him working out or is it an informal dvd that teaches you techniqes about his training style and theory?
        i'm afraid i have not seen it
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• which is more anabolic

crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

Comment

• Layne what are your thoughts on the usefulness of Acetyl-L-Carnitine supplementation during the Offseason and pre contest?
            Contest Prep, Muscle building- http://www.trainwithsklayne.co.uk

Comment

• hi layne, not sure if u've covered this already, but wot do u think of NO supps?

Comment

• hi layne,
                i have a question about the 4 weeks bulk 2 weeks cut i heard you talk about on no bull radio. ive been following daves cutting diet and just finished up there 2 weeks ago and got great results, but i really want to stay lean now all year round, my diet at the moment is 300g protein 200g carbs and 140g of fat, im 200lb 8%bf ish. so if i stay eating like that for 4 weeks, how would the diet look in the 2 week cut, hardly worth my while dropping the carbs out for 2 weeks. im also doing 50mins cardio 5 days per week berore breakfast, should i up this on the 2 week cut.

thanks very much for your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Owen70 View Post
                  which is more anabolic

crunchy or creamy peanut butter?
                  CRUNCHY OF COURSE
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Originally posted by mrfitness81 View Post
                    Layne what are your thoughts on the usefulness of Acetyl-L-Carnitine supplementation during the Offseason and pre contest?
                    offseason it might not be a bad idea to take with high carb meals. in season probably less use
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Pumped_SA View Post
                      hi layne, not sure if u've covered this already, but wot do u think of NO supps?
                      http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne35.htm
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by universalnutrition dubiin View Post
                        hi layne,
                        i have a question about the 4 weeks bulk 2 weeks cut i heard you talk about on no bull radio. ive been following daves cutting diet and just finished up there 2 weeks ago and got great results, but i really want to stay lean now all year round, my diet at the moment is 300g protein 200g carbs and 140g of fat, im 200lb 8%bf ish. so if i stay eating like that for 4 weeks, how would the diet look in the 2 week cut, hardly worth my while dropping the carbs out for 2 weeks. im also doing 50mins cardio 5 days per week berore breakfast, should i up this on the 2 week cut.

thanks very much for your time.
                        honestly i'm not sure how it would work out using a ketogenic approach during dieting. I'm not quite sure how i'd approach it. You see the whole point of the 4 week bulk 2 week cut is to keep your body constantly insulin sensitive but on a ketogenic diet/bulk insulin is not really much of a player
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• ok i understand, thanks for the honest reply.
                          Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                          honestly i'm not sure how it would work out using a ketogenic approach during dieting. I'm not quite sure how i'd approach it. You see the whole point of the 4 week bulk 2 week cut is to keep your body constantly insulin sensitive but on a ketogenic diet/bulk insulin is not really much of a player

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                            offseason it might not be a bad idea to take with high carb meals. in season probably less use
                            Im curious layne as into you thinking to this answer, could you explain a bit more please?

As far as i am aware i thought Acetyl-L-Carnitine was involved in transportation of fatty acids across the mitochondra membrane to allow the oxidation of the fats? How would this be benificial to take with a high carb meal?

I think the traditional use of it is to take it during exercise to allow more fatty acids to be burned, hence helping fat loss.

Comment

• because insulin has been shown to facilitate the transport of ALCAR into the cell
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Excellent, thanks for the answer

Comment

Working...
                                X