Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it a good idea to leave dextrose in your whey shakes when you are on your 2-3 week cut? i have cleaned up my diet but have kept 15g preworkout and 35 pw of dex. i only take on weight training days 5 times a week.

Comment

• Originally posted by laskerja View Post
      is it a good idea to leave dextrose in your whey shakes when you are on your 2-3 week cut? i have cleaned up my diet but have kept 15g preworkout and 35 pw of dex. i only take on weight training days 5 times a week.
      I know that layne does not take high gi carbs before a workout if he can avoid it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Dilate View Post
        Layne, thank you for your answer. I'll do what you wrote and keep you updated.

And just out of curiosity, am I biased or does water like to fill places where you usually store fat (belly, glutes, chest...) when you suffer from water retention? If it's the case, what are the mechanisms behind this?

Thanks again for your time, it's really been appreciated.

Paul.
        no, I think that fat likes to hide in those places so it looks like more water lol, I know what you mean. my lower back is like ham!
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

is it a good idea to leave dextrose in your whey shakes when you are on your 2-3 week cut? i have cleaned up my diet but have kept 15g preworkout and 35 pw of dex. i only take on weight training days 5 times a week.
          i think it's ok so long as your total pro/carb/fat intake are on point
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Rzilla View Post
            I know that layne does not take high gi carbs before a workout if he can avoid it.

what affect does high gi carbs have if you take pre workout? if there are any negative sides i would like to know so i stop....i just like taking in a little bit of them because i feel like my lifts are better (stronger/more energy) but if there is any neg side affects please let me know.

Comment

what affect does high gi carbs have if you take pre workout? if there are any negative sides i would like to know so i stop....i just like taking in a little bit of them because i feel like my lifts are better (stronger/more energy) but if there is any neg side affects please let me know.
              I've only heard of positive affects. I just know that layne does not usually take them pre.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                honestly i think either one is fine
                Thanks for the response Layne

1. When doing the 2 week cut cycle, is it necessary to have the refeed day(s)?
                2. When bulking, on off-days (no cardio and no workout), is eating 200 calories above maintenance a good idea? Or is it better to bring it down to maintenance on that day? I eat an avg of 500 above maintenance throughout the week.

Btw I'm seeing very good results after bringing down my protein intake to just above 1 gram/lb, starting to train everything twice a week with crazy intensity thanks to your inspirational videos, and taking 30 g BCAAs daily.
                Last edited by Supernothing; August 21, 2007, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• 1. probably not but i have them on my leg days b/c i need all the help i can get with them
                  2. i think slightly above maintenance is fine
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• whens next bodybuilding.com video coming out i cant wait! hows the cut going? your gonna be in the video with marc/beast right?

Comment

• Comeback From Injury

Hey Layne
                      I was just viewing your Google slide show, I understand in 2004 you were coming back from a neck injury, what type of injury did you have?
                      I about a year and 1/2 ago herniated a disc in my neck (C6 C7) and was out of commission for 4 plus months. It motivated me to come back better then I ever was and compete again. The last time I competed was May 1995 and I am now 6 weeks out. I am competing in 3 Natural Shows in October.I will now competing as in the Masters divison but will probably crossover to the open as well

Your provide great inspiration and seem real down to earth
                      Enjoy reading your thread
                      Thanks

Comment

• my injury was similar, I had 2 bulging disks in my neck that caused me to lose about 40% of my strength on one side.

glad to hear your comeback is going well
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• ok- dont want to bust your c hops but i have to call you out on this.. who's idea was it to wear a shower cap in your latest vid!! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by hulk7280 View Post
                            ok- dont want to bust your c hops but i have to call you out on this.. who's idea was it to wear a shower cap in your latest vid!! LOL
                            come on bro... give some credit. we were in the clean room at ergopharm... hence we had to wear caps. LOL you think we did that for the look?
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                              1. probably not but i have them on my leg days b/c i need all the help i can get with them
                              2. i think slightly above maintenance is fine
                              Thank you.

Comment

• Well I filmed my first segment for the DVD on sunday... legs. I'm not giving away what I did or what I was pushing around but needless to say I hammered the living hell out of them. I just told myself the whole time that this was my one chance to show the world how to really train and I better not f**k it up. So I beat the hell out of myself.

Needless to say yesterday was leg day and I was still sore, so I decided to just do a light front squat workout. It wasn't happening. I did one set with 135 & my glutes/hams were so tight it felt like someone was trying to rip them out. So I said what the hell... let's do some deadlifts since they don't require the same ROM. I decided to do straight bar which I had not used in over 6 months. I kept working up and ended up doing 495 for 3 sets of 5 and honestly it was pretty easy. I got fired up for it... but nothing crazy, I feel like I had quite a bit left in the tank... so straight bar deads may be something I decide to throw back into the mix.

-Layne
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X