Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    what was your pro/carb fat intake during the bulk and what is it during the cut?
    i am no longer sure what my maintenance intake is, i dieted for 26 weeks for my show then stayed on for another 6 weeks while waiting for a photoshoot. i expected 200/200/60 to be my cut and i was planning on going to 200/250/75 for my bulk. but i actually hit my offseason weight cap doing the 200/200/60 i will admit it wasnt a clean cut but i also haven't been sleeping very well.

since i was already at my weight cap i cut down to 200/125/60. i also increased the intensity of the post workout cardio, adding a series of sprints every few minutes. got some quality sleep last night and looks like im down a couple of lbs for the week... which is what i expected.

so i am guessing my metabolism is still a bit weird after the long diet coupled with the post diet food party?? but im sure my sleeplessness isnt helping any either. have to find that brain 'off' switch.

Comment

• Layne didnt know u were a UFC fan..are u big fan or just a Chuck Liddell fan also know as average fan
      http://www.anabolic-society.com/forum.php

Comment

• I've only been a fan for about 6 months but i've been very into it since then and no i'm not just a chuck fan. Couture, Gonzaga, GSP, Sherk, Rampage, Henderson, Fedor, Noguira, etc. Love watching all those guys and I enjoy the grapling probably even more than the striking.
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by miche View Post
          i am no longer sure what my maintenance intake is, i dieted for 26 weeks for my show then stayed on for another 6 weeks while waiting for a photoshoot. i expected 200/200/60 to be my cut and i was planning on going to 200/250/75 for my bulk. but i actually hit my offseason weight cap doing the 200/200/60 i will admit it wasnt a clean cut but i also haven't been sleeping very well.

since i was already at my weight cap i cut down to 200/125/60. i also increased the intensity of the post workout cardio, adding a series of sprints every few minutes. got some quality sleep last night and looks like im down a couple of lbs for the week... which is what i expected.

so i am guessing my metabolism is still a bit weird after the long diet coupled with the post diet food party?? but im sure my sleeplessness isnt helping any either. have to find that brain 'off' switch.
          try cutting fat to 45-50 & carbs to 110 and i'm betting that will jump start it
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Whatched the fight last night. GSP has some great conditioning! Also, it was crazy how Couture busted that guy's nose up! That gash even made me sick!
            www.naturaliowamuscle.com
            www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• I don't have very many people who are celebrities that I look up to. Randy Couture is one. You just cannot help but root for the guy. He keeps doing what everyone considers the impossible
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

but it's nice if people also read all the posts as well
                I read everything Layne writes ....
                Jimmy Smith, MS,CSCS
                http://www.jimmysmithtraining.com

Comment

try cutting fat to 45-50 & carbs to 110 and i'm betting that will jump start it
                  will do... thanks. and i will keep you posted

Comment

• Lanye:

Do you know anything about the absorption of L-Arginine?

Can the free form version of this amino acid be taken up when mixed with food? I dont see why not but some say it needs to be taken on an empty stomach.
                    "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

Comment

• it certainly can
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• and guys... I take the time to spell check my replies to you all; can we at least spell my name right? LOL.

So far on message boards I've been called

-Lane
                        -Lenny
                        -Lance
                        -Lanye
                        -Laney
                        -Lanie

maybe i'm anal but when I was younger and I would ask for advice from someone for FREE I made sure to be very very cordial. It is a quality that will help you in other aspects of life. Sorry Anvil, don't want to seem like I'm raggin on you bro, it's just a respect thing.
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• no worries Lanie! I agree. (just joking).

Yes Mr. Norton, I agree thanks for the advice.

Comment

• eh, I was being kind of an ass last night lol. still, when you are addressing someone it is proper to get their name right.
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• I can't wait to be able to call you Dr. Norton. That just sounds cool.
                              Good stuff Layne!
                              Assistant to the regional manager.
                              Iron8 approved

Comment

Sorry Anvil, don't want to seem like I'm raggin on you bro, it's just a respect thing.

I'm so sorry. I do appreciate the help. I thought I had it right. I was sleepy too which didnt help.
                                "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

Comment

Working...
                                X