Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    I think wave training is the way to go. For example if you are currently doing 230 you would do this

week 1: 135
    week 2: 170
    week 3: 200
    week 4: 225
    week 5: 240
    week 6: 245

then repeat the cycle this time you would do something like
    week 1: 145
    week 2: 180
    week 3: 210
    week 4: 235
    week 5: 250
    week 6: 255

etc etc etc

This has always worked for me and kept me maintaining consistant progress

what is the rep range you working in the beginning weeks?
    something like that? also are you doing multiple sets or is that your only working set?

week1: 10
    week2: 8
    week3: 6
    week4: 4
    weel5: 2
    weel6: 1

Comment

• Hey Layne, I was wondering when you are bulking do you eat carbs with every meal. I usually have breakfast, train 90 minutes later, have a shake with whey and waximaize postworkout, eat a whole food meal an hour later and then still eat 3 or 4 more times throughout the day. Would you suggest having carbs with every one of those meals and even the shake right before bed or would you say to cut them out of the last 1-2 meals when I am just basically just sitting around on the computer.
      Thanks for your time!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnvil View Post
        I'm so sorry. I do appreciate the help. I thought I had it right. I was sleepy too which didnt help.
        no biggie, i'm not mad or anything, just something that has bugged me over time over thousands of emails lol. nothing personal against you and not trying to single you out
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by hulk7280 View Post
          what is the rep range you working in the beginning weeks?
          something like that? also are you doing multiple sets or is that your only working set?

week1: 10
          week2: 8
          week3: 6
          week4: 4
          weel5: 2
          weel6: 1
          nope rep range stays the same. i know it seems dumb to do that light of weight to start but trust me... powerlifters use this with GREAT success. you cannot constantly train to failure; you will plateau quickly
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by philborg View Post
            Hey Layne, I was wondering when you are bulking do you eat carbs with every meal. I usually have breakfast, train 90 minutes later, have a shake with whey and waximaize postworkout, eat a whole food meal an hour later and then still eat 3 or 4 more times throughout the day. Would you suggest having carbs with every one of those meals and even the shake right before bed or would you say to cut them out of the last 1-2 meals when I am just basically just sitting around on the computer.
            Thanks for your time!
            i have the majority of my carbs within the 8 hours pre/post workout but i still have carbs at every meal. no need to taper carbs either. nothing about night time changes the laws of thermodynamics
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• hey layne do you think its a good idea to get all your protein from whole foods? or should you use whey protein for ur post workout/breakfast "meals"?

Comment

i have the majority of my carbs within the 8 hours pre/post workout but i still have carbs at every meal. no need to taper carbs either. nothing about night time changes the laws of thermodynamics
                Layne,

I've heard you say this before. I agree that if you do evening training or cardio (HIIT esp) you need to replenish the glycogen with some carbs. My question is though if you do no training in the evening, wouldn't you want to minimize the carbs (veggies at best)? My thoughts are to keep insulin levels low during this time period. Granted, if I worked out in the evening I would take in carbs up until bedtime. This is in the cutting phase verses the bulk phase. Bulk phase, carbs all day baby!

Thanks for your time and please let me know your thoughts!
                www.naturaliowamuscle.com
                www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• Leighn, is there a difference between Vasocharge and Primal N20?
                  I min/max my physique

Comment

• I agree with Dedicate92, however it is difficult to decipher between no carbs after 5 P.M. and just lower total daily carbs. I definately feel that bodyfat gets drastically reduced when I eliminate late day carbs. This is totally anecdotal, not based on science.
                    https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

eh, I was being kind of an ass last night lol. still, when you are addressing someone it is proper to get their name right.
                      no, i agree with you.

if you want someone to give u advice...at least get their name right.

catch u later Lanye West.

Comment

• sup Lenny

lmfao Lenny, thats priceless

Comment

• Originally posted by DEDICATE92 View Post
                          Layne,

I've heard you say this before. I agree that if you do evening training or cardio (HIIT esp) you need to replenish the glycogen with some carbs. My question is though if you do no training in the evening, wouldn't you want to minimize the carbs (veggies at best)? My thoughts are to keep insulin levels low during this time period. Granted, if I worked out in the evening I would take in carbs up until bedtime. This is in the cutting phase verses the bulk phase. Bulk phase, carbs all day baby!

Thanks for your time and please let me know your thoughts!
                          yes but by that same token if you train at night, i would minimize carbs earlier in the day... it has nothing to do with the time of day.
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Spiko View Post
                            Leighn, is there a difference between Vasocharge and Primal N20?
                            nope
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

yes but by that same token if you train at night, i would minimize carbs earlier in the day... it has nothing to do with the time of day.
                              What about if you train first thing in the morning? should you have carbs the night before??

sam

Comment

• probably not a bad idea
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X