Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne, I have decided to go natural from now on. I have been off for about 10 months and my normal test levels are just now getting back up to normal. My question is what do you think about a semi-vegetarian diet.....not 100% but I have decided to cut way back on meat and eat more complex crabs. I am 255lbs right now and at 19% BF. I am cutting the protein back from 200-225g a day to about 150-175g. I am also dropping the fat from 30% of my diet to about 15%.

My goals are to just maintain a lean 210-215 physique at 10% BF or less.

Comment

• hey dude no problem... I think martial arts are really really cool even though I don't have any real training in them other than a few months of informal jujitsu instruction but I was playing rugby at the same time and lifting was just more important to me so I figured I should only partake in one contact sport that could get me injured lol. I love hearing about martial training though; very cool.

-Layne
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• 210 - 215 at 10% body fat?? Sir, best of luck with that!! Keep us posted!

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick_Bateman View Post
          Layne, I have decided to go natural from now on. I have been off for about 10 months and my normal test levels are just now getting back up to normal. My question is what do you think about a semi-vegetarian diet.....not 100% but I have decided to cut way back on meat and eat more complex crabs. I am 255lbs right now and at 19% BF. I am cutting the protein back from 200-225g a day to about 150-175g. I am also dropping the fat from 30% of my diet to about 15%.

My goals are to just maintain a lean 210-215 physique at 10% BF or less.
          Patrick,
          how old are you if you don't mind me asking... it's not irrelevent; it will help me establish an idea of your metabolic profile. Are you an endo/meso/ecto?
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            Patrick,
            how old are you if you don't mind me asking... it's not irrelevent; it will help me establish an idea of your metabolic profile. Are you an endo/meso/ecto?
            mostly Meso
            I am in my late 30's

Comment

• as you age (not saying you are old ) your body becomes less sensitive to amino acids so it takes more amino acids to get the same effect, if you are going to go that much lower on protein; i would suggest supplementing with leucine or a BCAA product which will help make up for the reduced stimulatory effect from being less sensitive to amino acids and for the fact that you've reduced protein. If not then I would increase protein to about 200g; and I would make fat about 25% of calories, then make up the rest of your calories from carbohydrates.

-Layne
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                hey dude no problem... I think martial arts are really really cool even though I don't have any real training in them other than a few months of informal jujitsu instruction but I was playing rugby at the same time and lifting was just more important to me so I figured I should only partake in one contact sport that could get me injured lol. I love hearing about martial training though; very cool.

-Layne
                Then you should love this. I had been having a problem with my posing, trying to figure out the issue with working them out with my long limbs. One day, I was just going through some animal movements, and I had a realization... I could transition into a few mandatory poses from certain animal postures. And looking at current bodybuilding shows, it seems there needs to be some sort of innovative or entertaining routine. Well, I am no entertainer. However, I can truly be the opposing forces of Yin (hard/bodybuilding) and Yang (soft/martial arts) by blending them both together (despite most of my martial background being in the hard/external arts). I have six months to work out the particulars, but should I pull of what I envision, I think I should be in pretty decent shape, or at the very least, give the people something they have never seen before.

Comment

• cool! make sure you get it on video!
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Video?? Oh that is a given.

And despite my placing, you all here will be the first to see it

Comment

• Layne,
                      I've been using a CEE lately and going pretty low on the carbs. Now I want to start putting some weight back on and bringing my strength back up. (had to work on running for a while, long story) So the first thing I wanted to do was add a P/WO shake back into the diet. I used to like using Good old ON Whey pro (2 scoops), dextrose (bout 75 grams). I would like to go back to that again and toss in some Creatine mono. Any reccomendation on a good quality brand, decent price. I would throw in 10 grams of that to each shake.

Any other suggestions or modifications? 1 scoop of pro? less dex? anything? or does that sound good.

I'll be keeping the rest of my day pretty low carb, I just figure post w/o is a good place to start introducing more.

Comment

• well how much dextrose you add really depends upon several factors such as how long your workouts are & how much volume they have as well as how much you weigh and how many carbs you have preworkout. Also, how soon after your shake is your next meal with complex carbs? sorry for all the questions; I just like to get a good idea before doling out information.

-Layne
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Pre carbs... very low

Volume wise... shoulders and arms usaully high volume, legs back and chest mod volume but heavy

Next meal... very low carbs (example: right now I'm sucking down 10 eggs and 2 slices of cheese)

Don't be sorry I like the details (usually makes the difference)
                          Thanks

Ooops - I'm currently weighing in just under 210. BF is around 18.5 (not so worried about that)

Comment

• my suggestion would actually be to do the same amount of carbs but do half dextrose and the other half ground up oats.
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• So...
                              2 scoops ON Whey
                              35 grams Dex
                              1/2 C. Oatmeal
                              10 grams creatine mono
                              ?

Comment

• yea that would work, though I think 5g of creatine mono is plenty
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X