Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• layne which meals do u suggest i use whey protein isolate for?

i eat 6 times a day and i don't take a post workout shake i just go home and eat, should i have whey as soon as i get home and eat oats?

i eat pre-workout meal a hour and a half before workout should i take whey with oats here too? and whey for breakfast?

thanks

Comment

• i think whey post workout is fine, but really i just use it whenever i need to get some extra quick protein in
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• from your research would 2 grams of fish oil (maybe 1 tsp of flaxseed oil) with 20 G of whey at bedtime behind to compare to 20 G of plain casein in terms of absorption rates.
        "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

Comment

• Layne what do you think of Desiccated Liver Tablets? waste?
          P/RR/S AAEFX Board Rep www.AAEFX.com Pure. Potent. Drug-free.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnvil View Post
            from your research would 2 grams of fish oil (maybe 1 tsp of flaxseed oil) with 20 G of whey at bedtime behind to compare to 20 G of plain casein in terms of absorption rates.
            i don't think 2g of fat would be enough to significantly slow absorption
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by abfitnesstrainer View Post
              Layne what do you think of Desiccated Liver Tablets? waste?
              waste
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                the less frequently you use stims is almost always better.
                So for bulking your would recommend a non stim fat burner?

Comment

• Well isn't Casein a slow digesting protein anyway??

Comment

• Layne are you familiar with Fenugreek for Glucose disposal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Apex23 View Post
                      Well isn't Casein a slow digesting protein anyway??
                      The idea was to find an ALTERNATIVE to it due to cost. Casein is cheapest I can find $10/LB.. Whey is way cheaper and according to Layne could be slowed down to 5 hours (decent to cover slow).

Comment

• Originally posted by warbird00 View Post
                        So for bulking your would recommend a non stim fat burner?
                        depends. if you are doing it for a compositional purpose; a stim fat burning is fine so long as you cycle it... if you are doing stims to get 'jacked up' the more freqauently you use them, the less effective they become
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Yeah Im trying to lay off my caffeine preworkout but something that oddly WORKS to get me going for my workouts (engry)... GINSENG .. not the cap powder supplements but Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng (DIET of course).

It just says Ginseng extract I dunno which kind it is or how much but damn it that stuff isn't potent doesn't that adaption thing as quick as caffeine to me.

sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                            depends. if you are doing it for a compositional purpose; a stim fat burning is fine so long as you cycle it... if you are doing stims to get 'jacked up' the more freqauently you use them, the less effective they become
                            No, im not using it to get "jacked up". Using it to keep unwanted fat off that i will undoubtedly put on during my bulk. No stims affect me so i dont like they can be less effeective if they dont give me any type of energy in the first place...

Comment

• Originally posted by warbird00 View Post
                              No stims affect me so i dont like they can be less effeective if they dont give me any type of energy in the first place...
                              Funny that, a couple of cups of coffee and I feel like I'm about to have a heart attack...

Then there's others, like you, who can have a couple of cups before bed and sleep like a log.

Comment

• hey layne,

this is probably gonna appear to be a stupid question but, as far as BCAA's and glutamine are concerned do they need to be dissolved in water? i hear a lot of pros talk about how they just pop the powder into there mouth and swish it with water. ive been dissolving my creatine in warmer water (read it in a berardi article). i was just curious if you had any thoughts on this? although i guess it would make sense considering many BCAA supps are capsules or tabs.

Comment

Working...
                                X