Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugars post workout

Layne, im 17 and, I have a small question about post workout supps. I take protein and cell tech postworkout, in a shake with pineapple juice, and two servings of yogurt. (im trying to bulk, im 6'4", and its hard to add mass). There is approx. a SHITLOAD of sugar in the shake, between the yogurt and Cell tech. How much sugar do you recommend post.
    Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      honestly i wouldn't mess around with a big carb up.
      Thanks Layne.
      NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Layne, I assume that your maintenance caloric intake is around 3000 calories based off the webcast videos. How low do you usually have to go in order to lose that last bit of fat to be in competition shape?

Comment

• Hey Layne, Im wanting to keep fat gains to a minimum, I plan on throwing in the cut cycles throughout the year which I think they'll work well for me. But are there any supps you suggest to help keep fat gain low and that are easy on the wallet? And how much cardio do you recommend during the bulk/cut phases? Thanks.

Comment

• I take various vitamins and minerals with my meals during the day. I was wondering how long I should wait before I consume a Metamucil so that it does not block the absorption on my pills?

Comment

• Hey Layne,

if you had to bring your calves up, how would you structure it within your workout split?

Sammy

Comment

• Originally posted by lmb9909 View Post
                can u give me a example of what a 16min high intensity cardio session on a treadmill would look like for yourself?
                such as mph intervals, inclines, etc.
                i would warmup for about 5 minutes then do 16 one minute intervals. the first 45 seconds of the minute go easy then for the last 15 seconds of each minute go as hard as you can absolutely all out
                BioLayne LLC
                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by chasebny View Post
                  Layne, im 17 and, I have a small question about post workout supps. I take protein and cell tech postworkout, in a shake with pineapple juice, and two servings of yogurt. (im trying to bulk, im 6'4", and its hard to add mass). There is approx. a SHITLOAD of sugar in the shake, between the yogurt and Cell tech. How much sugar do you recommend post.
                  well it varies depending on multiple factors but in general i wouldn't go over 50g
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Originally posted by sloh View Post
                    Layne, I assume that your maintenance caloric intake is around 3000 calories based off the webcast videos. How low do you usually have to go in order to lose that last bit of fat to be in competition shape?
                    usually around 2000
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by waugie14 View Post
                      Hey Layne, Im wanting to keep fat gains to a minimum, I plan on throwing in the cut cycles throughout the year which I think they'll work well for me. But are there any supps you suggest to help keep fat gain low and that are easy on the wallet? And how much cardio do you recommend during the bulk/cut phases? Thanks.
                      please watch my webcast... i cover this extensively in my webcast episodes.

i think sesamin is a good supplement to keep fat gains to a minimum
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

well it varies depending on multiple factors but in general i wouldn't go over 50g

You are the first person on this thread that I've ever seen tell someone to limit the SUGAR pwo to 50g where as every other piece of advice was to send blood sugar through the roof.

You would be doing a GREAT justice to everyone by explaining the lack of need for such excess sugar PWO

You, they will LISTEN to!
                        TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
                        Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

• well if you are young (under 18) and meso/ecto then maybe 75g may be helpful but in general insulin is not an anabolic hormone in non-growing adults. It does have a synergistic effect with protein however on protein synthesis, but it doesn't take a ridiculous amount. As far as restoring glycogen goes, sugar will do it faster, but whole food will also do it, it will just take a bit longer.

-Layne
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsta View Post
                            You are the first person on this thread that I've ever seen tell someone to limit the SUGAR pwo to 50g where as every other piece of advice was to send blood sugar through the roof.
                            You would be doing a GREAT justice to everyone by explaining the lack of need for such excess sugar PWO

You, they will LISTEN to!
                            Hey Tipsta,
                            Good question. I immediately recognized you from the striations in your lower lats You were the most conditioned guy on stage at the Gulf Coast. You impressed alot of people. When is your next show?
                            I've been using a half serving of Universal's Torrent (30g of maxy maize and maltodextrin) PWO and just veggies for all other meals for my pre-contest diet. I use to take >100grams of simple carbs after training when bulking, but will never do that again.

Dominic

Comment

well if you are young (under 18) and meso/ecto then maybe 75g may be helpful but in general insulin is not an anabolic hormone in non-growing adults. It does have a synergistic effect with protein however on protein synthesis, but it doesn't take a ridiculous amount. As far as restoring glycogen goes, sugar will do it faster, but whole food will also do it, it will just take a bit longer.

-Layne

PLEASE PLEASE!!!! Explain this to your loyal listeners!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpd555 View Post
                                Hey Tipsta,
                                Good question. I immediately recognized you from the striations in your lower lats You were the most conditioned guy on stage at the Gulf Coast. You impressed alot of people. When is your next show?
                                I've been using a half serving of Universal's Torrent (30g of maxy maize and maltodextrin) PWO and just veggies for all other meals for my pre-contest diet. I use to take >100grams of simple carbs after training when bulking, but will never do that again.

Dominic

Hey Dom!! Thanks for the ass kicking!!! Thanks for the compliment too. I wasnt that impressive but if some people thought so then I'll be quiet. LOL I'm glad you seen my avatar because I tell people I'm still getting back what I lost by not being able to train for a year after the shoulder surgery. Actually this injury began in 04 and I just got worse and worse on stage until I realized I was done for a while. At my biggest I was 167 LBM. For this show I was 157 LBM. Thats SAD! Most just bullshit, but I'm honest when I say I'm a HAS been!!! However, I know that getting back what I lost is easy. So WATCH OUT!!!!

Masters Nationals next year. Time to make a statement after all these years.

I'm gonna take Ron Coleman up on his offer. I know my posing is good but like he said with a few tweaks it could be better. : )

Comment

Working...
                                X