Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think about x-factor and just wondering if you do presentations at school to help lead kids away from drugs i always thought that would be a cool idea being that you and other natural competitors dont use drugs or alcohol know what im saying
    -IRON MAN ATHLETICS
    -HARDCORE/PROFROMANCE WEAR
    -COMING EARLY SEPT

Comment

• I am actually in the process of working something out with a gym teacher to come speak to his class here in champaign. As far as x-factor goes i have not used it; there seems to be some evidence that it may work for some people, my guess is that if you happen to be on the lowside/deficient in arachidonic acid then you would notice big time benefits; but if you have normal levels of AA you probably won't notice much
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        I am actually in the process of working something out with a gym teacher to come speak to his class here in champaign. As far as x-factor goes i have not used it; there seems to be some evidence that it may work for some people, my guess is that if you happen to be on the lowside/deficient in arachidonic acid then you would notice big time benefits; but if you have normal levels of AA you probably won't notice much
        thats sweet i always thought that would be cool and plan to do sometime in my opinion there couldnt be someone better to look up to in high school when i was there. let me ask you another question i dont have much of a hard time puts on leg mass besides in the ham area only because i dont have acess to any ham machines right now but i just have such a hard time getting my self to work my legs i keep on talking my self out of it its not that im new because its only been lately and my intensity sometimes distracts people at the y i work at with my other parts do you have any adice thanks bro
        -IRON MAN ATHLETICS
        -HARDCORE/PROFROMANCE WEAR
        -COMING EARLY SEPT

Comment

• If there's a lat pulldown you can always do old school ham curls. Put your back to the machine and hook your heels under the knee rest with your knees on the seat. Keep your back straight and your arms across your chest and lower yourself down bending only at the knees until you're almost parallel with the floor, the squeeze the hams while still only bending at the knees and curl yourself back up. I like to do it with either a bench set at an incline in front of me so I spot myself and set how low I'm going to go, or better yet I hook up a closegrip or rope to the lat pulldown and set it at a low weight and hold it behind my head as an assist.
          I min/max my physique

Comment

no need to cut out protein shakes... unless one has a lactalbumin sensitivity and then they should be limited

1. i think your protein intake is too high. I have literally spent the last 8 years of my life studying protein and more recently my studies at the graduate school level have been spent studying protein synthesis and metabolism in depth. There is just no evidence that anything over 1g/lb is beneficial for anabolism and there is evidence that going too high can actually reduce the anabolic response. I would mitigate your intake to 1.5g/lb.

2. shakes are not 'needed' persay but there is also no reason to cut them out

muscletech does not put out bad products, they are just expensive and their claims are a bit outlandish
            I find that all protein products are pretty much useless as it is simple to get adequate amounts in a 2000-2900 caloric threshold. Most people overconsume protein for no apparent reason other than paranoia.

Comment

• Originally posted by certifiedStrenght View Post
              thats sweet i always thought that would be cool and plan to do sometime in my opinion there couldnt be someone better to look up to in high school when i was there. let me ask you another question i dont have much of a hard time puts on leg mass besides in the ham area only because i dont have acess to any ham machines right now but i just have such a hard time getting my self to work my legs i keep on talking my self out of it its not that im new because its only been lately and my intensity sometimes distracts people at the y i work at with my other parts do you have any adice thanks bro

Legs days are what seperates the men from the boys. Hell arms... joke. Chest... that's for fun. Back... not even close. Shoulders? Walk in the park. Legs are what seperates the recreational lifter from the truly intense. Just keep that in mind whenever you feel like skimping on leg day.
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by NATURALLY VAIN View Post
                I find that all protein products are pretty much useless as it is simple to get adequate amounts in a 2000-2900 caloric threshold. Most people overconsume protein for no apparent reason other than paranoia.
                i agree that most do overconsume protein out of paranoia but protein powders can be useful for convienience if nothing else, or if someone is a vegetarian, or has certain food allergies that may prevent them from getting protein from typical sources
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Spiko View Post
                  If there's a lat pulldown you can always do old school ham curls. Put your back to the machine and hook your heels under the knee rest with your knees on the seat. Keep your back straight and your arms across your chest and lower yourself down bending only at the knees until you're almost parallel with the floor, the squeeze the hams while still only bending at the knees and curl yourself back up. I like to do it with either a bench set at an incline in front of me so I spot myself and set how low I'm going to go, or better yet I hook up a closegrip or rope to the lat pulldown and set it at a low weight and hold it behind my head as an assist.
                  here is a video of me doing this... will probably help you get a visual

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...48615516816460
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Hey Coach. Just checkin in. I see that you are spreading the good word all over the net.
                    Are you gonna live your life, or are you biding time till you die?

Comment

• Hi Layne

Hows this for a fat loss diet? My goal is to lose 15% BF or about 43lbs, and bring my stomach down to about 36inches to start.

Right now i'm at 238lbs 30% BF.

I lost 100lbs last year.

I weight lift 4-5 times a week and do cardio on my days off, sometimes after weight lifting and sometimes in the morning on the day of weightlifting.

7:30am:

Shake
                      1 cup pasturized egg whites
                      1 23g scoop of whey protein isolate
                      5g gulatmine
                      Half a banana
                      half a cup of red river hot cereal (raw)
                      dash of milk for texture
                      1 scoop of daily veggie

10:30am:

1 can of tuna mixed with olive oil and a whole carrot

1:30pm:

140g cooked chicken breast
                      1cup of veggies
                      1cup of whole wheat or bean related carb source.

4:30pm:
                      140g cooked chicken or fish
                      1cup of veggies

630pm workout

Post workout protein shake + 5g of gulatmine.
                      THE FAMILY THAT I LIVE FOR ONLY BREATHES THE AIR THAT SMELLS OF COMBAT

Comment

• Originally posted by spirit3530 View Post
                        Hey Coach. Just checkin in. I see that you are spreading the good word all over the net.
                        what's up my man! how are things?
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• what's up Layne, what does your ideal pre-workout meal consist of?

Comment

• Originally posted by zilla View Post
                            Hi Layne

Hows this for a fat loss diet? My goal is to lose 15% BF or about 43lbs, and bring my stomach down to about 36inches to start.

Right now i'm at 238lbs 30% BF.

I lost 100lbs last year.

I weight lift 4-5 times a week and do cardio on my days off, sometimes after weight lifting and sometimes in the morning on the day of weightlifting.

7:30am:

Shake
                            1 cup pasturized egg whites
                            1 23g scoop of whey protein isolate
                            5g gulatmine
                            Half a banana
                            half a cup of red river hot cereal (raw)
                            dash of milk for texture
                            1 scoop of daily veggie

10:30am:

1 can of tuna mixed with olive oil and a whole carrot

1:30pm:

140g cooked chicken breast
                            1cup of veggies

4:30pm:
                            140g cooked chicken or fish
                            1cup of veggies

630pm workout

Post workout protein shake + 5g of gulatmine.
                            first thing is first... you put all that stuff in your shake?????????
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

first thing is first... you put all that stuff in your shake?????????
                              ahaha yup, its the shake that drinks like a meal. i literrally have to use a spoon to get to the oats.

i've lost 17lbs on this diet so far. its been exactly a month.
                              THE FAMILY THAT I LIVE FOR ONLY BREATHES THE AIR THAT SMELLS OF COMBAT

Comment

here is a video of me doing this... will probably help you get a visual

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...48615516816460
                                Now that is some hardcore shit! Necessity is the mother of invention. I still think that was bad ass.
                                Assistant to the regional manager.
                                Iron8 approved

Comment

Working...
                                X