Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    i'll drop pretty quick usually
    Really? Don't you run the risk of plateauing and getting stuck doing that?

Comment

• layne how long do your recommend cycling off creatine? is it 1 month or 6 weeks?

Comment

• question about whey

hey Layne,
        is there any problem that you know of...mixing whey powder with carbonated drinks?

I have this new super NASTY vanilla whey and I mixed it with diet rootbeer soda
        lol
        any problem with absorbtion or the carbonation degrading the whey?
        is it gonna blow up in my stomach like soda and pop rocks?
        lol
        http://stormone.etsy.com

Comment

• Originally posted by west View Post
          Really? Don't you run the risk of plateauing and getting stuck doing that?
          not in my experience... it's still high enough that you don't get a large plummit
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Rzilla View Post
            layne how long do your recommend cycling off creatine? is it 1 month or 6 weeks?
            at least 4
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by bigafro View Post
              hey Layne,
              is there any problem that you know of...mixing whey powder with carbonated drinks?

I have this new super NASTY vanilla whey and I mixed it with diet rootbeer soda
              lol
              any problem with absorbtion or the carbonation degrading the whey?
              is it gonna blow up in my stomach like soda and pop rocks?
              lol
              i think that's fine probably
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by oregonpanthers View Post
                If the math is correct 140-145bpm for my age and resting heart rate kicks out at 70% of my Heart Rate Reserve using the Karvonen Method. Its a little above the fat burning zone yet not at any extreme glycolytic zone either. Basicly I feel it gives me the best of both worlds for the cardio benefits and metabolic boosting benefits to up the appetite without eating up muscle and thwarting strength gains.

The issue of Layne doing legs 3 times a week and 2 HIIT sessions is commendable but I am not Layne. I tried HIIT for about a month last fall and it did not work so well. My legs were always a little sore and my leg strength stagnated more then improved. I was doing just two 25 minute sessions on a high school track with just 2 leg days a week back then. Thus I am very hesitant to make a return to anything more then speed walking as far as impact goes.

Hope this helps clear up my concern.
                there is nothing special about my body. I have just used training adaptation to be able to train like this. Most anyone can do it. I talked about cardio in depth pretty well in one of my webcasts http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife.htm

i'm not sure which one... I think it was either episode, 4,5, or 6 but i'm not totally sure
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

at least 4
                  thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
                  so 4 weeks at least, but would 6 weeks or two months be even better?

Comment

• When dieting is it normal to have only 1 or 2 bowel movements a week?
                    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Originally posted by crou View Post
                      When dieting is it normal to have only 1 or 2 bowel movements a week?
                      on such a low carb diet your fiber is going to be very low so it wouldn't suprise me
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

on such a low carb diet your fiber is going to be very low so it wouldn't suprise me
                        I have read places that this is a sign of low metabolism... any truth to this?
                        NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• no. poop is 80-90% old GI cells that have been replaced. the other 10-20% is bacteria and very little is undigested material (bulk fiber, etc)

The fact that you are eating less will reduce GI cell turnover and the fact that you are low carb will reduce the turnover of the cells more; thus, less feces.

Has nothing to do with metabolism and however the idiots are who say nonsense like that, they need their face rubbed in some poopy
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

no. poop is 80-90% old GI cells that have been replaced. the other 10-20% is bacteria and very little is undigested material (bulk fiber, etc)

The fact that you are eating less will reduce GI cell turnover and the fact that you are low carb will reduce the turnover of the cells more; thus, less feces.

Has nothing to do with metabolism and however the idiots are who say nonsense like that, they need their face rubbed in some poopy
                            Haha Layne your the man, im glad we're on good terms. Thanks for being so quick with the responses!
                            NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• hey layne how much protein would u say is in 5oz cooked chicken?

Comment

• Originally posted by muscleman12345 View Post
                                hey layne how much protein would u say is in 5oz cooked chicken?
                                go to fitday.com
                                great resource for tracking food
                                http://stormone.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                                X