Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by mrfitness81 View Post
    Thanks for the advice Layne, you are a class act.

    I second that....definitely a class act.
    "You're either in or you're out, there's no such thing as life in between."

    Comment


    • I know this is has been talked about here but wanted to be sure this is ok. Taking 10G of pure Leucine with PWO Whey shake (not all 3 BCAAs free form) wont through off the balance of amino acids in the body? I mean the idea is to spike protein synthesis by spiking Leucine levels but I think you said you need the other aminos to "process" the Leucine.

      The reason I ask this I can get bulk L-Leucine cheaper than bulk BCAAs. I think I'm going to put it into capsules (000 or 00).

      BTW on that PWO article in Aug 07 MD mag I think they mentioned 1 of your papers on the subject.. NORTON & LAYMAN.
      "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

      Comment


      • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        1) i think that gap is too large
        2) I like the rest-pause principle
        they stole this from MIKE MENTZER! THE BASTARDS!

        Comment


        • Layne, what are your messurements on average

          Comment


          • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            I would have 30-35g carbs at breakfast/preworkout then 30-35g post workout, and then I would put the rest of them throughout the rest of the day.

            sorry to hear about the dialysis for your wife. Do you mind if I ask how that came about?

            -layne
            Thanks for the advice.

            By the time she was diagnosed it was too late to do a meaningful biopsy. The diagnosis is "suspected glumeronephritis." She had thyroid cancer in 2000 (at the age of 25) and received I-131 treatment which they suspect is when the damage started.
            Dustin
            "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."
            John Ruskin

            Comment


            • oh man i'm sorry to hear that. thank goodness dialysis treatments are so good these days
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TheAnvil View Post
                I know this is has been talked about here but wanted to be sure this is ok. Taking 10G of pure Leucine with PWO Whey shake (not all 3 BCAAs free form) wont through off the balance of amino acids in the body? I mean the idea is to spike protein synthesis by spiking Leucine levels but I think you said you need the other aminos to "process" the Leucine.

                The reason I ask this I can get bulk L-Leucine cheaper than bulk BCAAs. I think I'm going to put it into capsules (000 or 00).

                BTW on that PWO article in Aug 07 MD mag I think they mentioned 1 of your papers on the subject.. NORTON & LAYMAN.
                they cite my scientific literature... would be nice if they'd publish my articles i send in LOL

                i think 10g leucine probably overkill... i think 5-7g is plenty

                you should be ok so long as you are eating a high protein diet otherwise
                BioLayne LLC
                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Spikes079 View Post
                  Layne, what are your messurements on average
                  don't really check often
                  BioLayne LLC
                  PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                    oh man i'm sorry to hear that. thank goodness dialysis treatments are so good these days
                    Unfortunately, she is bloodtype B+. Transplant wait times here in HI are 7-8 years for thatbloodtype. I'm transferring to CT because there and WA have the best wait times for her bloodtype, and according to UNOS (united network for organ sharing) both places have a trend in recent years of declining wait times for her.

                    The most important thing is we have done the research, have a plan, and are moving towards the objective of getting the best possible outcome for her in this situation. I'm trying to apply these same types of principles to my own life through bb'ing and my own health. I had let it slip a little to take care of her, but then I realized if something happens to me, she's kind of stuck. She is part of my inspiration to do this.

                    Thanks for the concern.
                    Dustin
                    "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."
                    John Ruskin

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Pearce View Post
                      does height and weight have any bearing on leucine dosage in your opinion?

                      thanks layne
                      lean body mass possibly
                      BioLayne LLC
                      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by EMN1/SS View Post
                        Unfortunately, she is bloodtype B+. Transplant wait times here in HI are 7-8 years for thatbloodtype. I'm transferring to CT because there and WA have the best wait times for her bloodtype, and according to UNOS (united network for organ sharing) both places have a trend in recent years of declining wait times for her.

                        The most important thing is we have done the research, have a plan, and are moving towards the objective of getting the best possible outcome for her in this situation. I'm trying to apply these same types of principles to my own life through bb'ing and my own health. I had let it slip a little to take care of her, but then I realized if something happens to me, she's kind of stuck. She is part of my inspiration to do this.

                        Thanks for the concern.
                        your devotion is very inspiring. It's easy to stay by someone's side when things are good, the true measure of a marraige is when things go bad. I get married next year and I can only imagine how I would feel if something happened to Isabel, so I give you and her all the credit in the world and will be wishing you well. Again, very inspiring.
                        BioLayne LLC
                        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

                        Comment


                        • Thanks Layne. I wish you well in your marriage.
                          Dustin
                          "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."
                          John Ruskin

                          Comment


                          • hey layne how long sould i wait after a contest till i can start training again? also what do you think about dteox diets like 3 days of just fruits and veggies?
                            -IRON MAN ATHLETICS
                            -HARDCORE/PROFROMANCE WEAR
                            -COMING EARLY SEPT

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by certifiedStrenght View Post
                              hey layne how long sould i wait after a contest till i can start training again? also what do you think about dteox diets like 3 days of just fruits and veggies?
                              you can start training immediately after, in fact it's not a good idea to take a week off like so many people do

                              'detox' diets are gimmicks and bullshit
                              BioLayne LLC
                              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

                              Comment


                              • Layne,

                                what is your opinion of calorie cycling when bulking to stay lean?
                                ie, high day, med, med,low,high then repeat.

                                sam

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X