Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bsm00v View Post
    what's up Layne, what does your ideal pre-workout meal consist of?
    really depends upon several factors... what is optimal for me might not be for you. What it consists of depends upon multiple factors

-total pro/carb/fat intake for the day
    -weight
    -length of workout
    -intensity of workout
    -how long before your workout do you eat?

for me, depending upon what bodypart I work (legs are much more difficult) I eat around 30-40g protein/70-100g Carbs pre workout (mix of slow/moderate/ & fast digesting) and I try to keep fat under 10g. I eat this about 1-2 hours preworkout.

-Layne
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      first thing is first... you put all that stuff in your shake?????????
      woah wait hold on a sec funny guy, no i dont put that entire diet in a shake.

the 7:30am list is what i make a shake out of.
      THE FAMILY THAT I LIVE FOR ONLY BREATHES THE AIR THAT SMELLS OF COMBAT

Comment

• yea that's what i'm saying... you put veggies in a shake? doesn't that thing taste like shit?
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by zilla View Post
          Hi Layne

Hows this for a fat loss diet? My goal is to lose 15% BF or about 43lbs, and bring my stomach down to about 36inches to start.

Right now i'm at 238lbs 30% BF.

I lost 100lbs last year.

I weight lift 4-5 times a week and do cardio on my days off, sometimes after weight lifting and sometimes in the morning on the day of weightlifting.

7:30am:

Shake
          1 cup pasturized egg whites
          1 23g scoop of whey protein isolate
          5g gulatmine
          Half a banana
          half a cup of red river hot cereal (raw)
          dash of milk for texture
          1 scoop of daily veggie

10:30am:

1 can of tuna mixed with olive oil and a whole carrot

1:30pm:

140g cooked chicken breast
          1cup of veggies
          1cup of whole wheat or bean related carb source.

4:30pm:
          140g cooked chicken or fish
          1cup of veggies
          1cup of whole wheat or bean related carb source.

630pm workout

Post workout protein shake + 5g of gulatmine.
          with all those beans i'd hate to be your roommate
          2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

yea that's what i'm saying... you put veggies in a shake? doesn't that thing taste like shit?
            No with the banana, chocolate shake in there it's not that bad.

The daily veggie stuff is in powder form btw. not raw.

http://www.progressivenutritional.com/veggies/

Comment

• Originally posted by adambombbis View Post
              with all those beans i'd hate to be your roommate
              Im too busy choking on my own fumes to worry about roomates.

ahah no but seriously I substitute the beans and rice/pasta for 1 whole sweet potato a lot, so it's not that bad.

thats not all i eat, i do add variety. I just used a few common ingredients as examples to show the quantity of carbs in intake.

Comment

• Also would you recommend creatine for muscle retention during a fat loss period??

Comment

• specifically Kre-Alkalyn.

Comment

No with the banana, chocolate shake in there it's not that bad.

The daily veggie stuff is in powder form btw. not raw.

http://www.progressivenutritional.com/veggies/
                    do you know what your protein/carb/fat intake #s end up at? those are more important than what you are eating to get there.

and you can drop the glutamine, most overrated supplement in history. no impact on skeletal muscle protein synthesis or degradation. No use for it unless you have some disease that causes intestinal atrophy
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

Also would you recommend creatine for muscle retention during a fat loss period??
                      absolutely but kre-alkyln is overpriced bullshit! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tallon8.htm
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

absolutely but kre-alkyln is overpriced bullshit! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tallon8.htm
                        Hmm link doesnt work.

Comment

Hmm link doesnt work.
                          Works for me... Man, those are some mean guts pictured! Fucking gross actually. Interesting article for sure.

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                          absolutely but kre-alkyln is overpriced bullshit!
                          Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                          and you can drop the glutamine, most overrated supplement in history. no impact on skeletal muscle protein synthesis or degradation. No use for it unless you have some disease that causes intestinal atrophy
                          Haha! At it again Layne, busting up those myths. I love it!

Comment

do you know what your protein/carb/fat intake #s end up at? those are more important than what you are eating to get there.
                            Ok i measured down everything to avg portions and this is what i end up with:

Protein:210g
                            Carbs: 133g
                            Fat: 27.7g (and that's not including the omega 3 supplements i take 3 times a day)

Comment

• Originally posted by west View Post
                              Works for me... Man, those are some mean guts pictured! Fucking gross actually. Interesting article for sure.

Haha! At it again Layne, busting up those myths. I love it!
                              yeah link works now again

for me the thing about glutamine is, ever since i started taking it regularly, my legs (which is where i've experience and notice the most fat loss and cutting in a month) have been harder and more defined than they've ever been.

Comment

• Originally posted by bodyfx2 View Post
                                Actually, I am 100% sure of my beliefs. My position is not defensive when it comes to TA. I just don't want any young lifters to buy into his ridiculous principles and quit training after a year with little to no results.

But still...I do my BEST to ignore him. However, to me he is like a clown riding a uni-cycle in front of my building every day. I can ignore him only so long before I need to question the purpose of his existence, LOL.

Before I forget. Nice article in Ir0nman mag this month.
                                Are you gonna live your life, or are you biding time till you die?

Comment

Working...
                                X