Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Onebignatty View Post
    Hey Layne
    How you feel about training when u r sick? Cold not flu. I have always pushed through it but sometimes wonder if am doing more harm than good.
    light/moderate activity is good; heavy fatiguing activity is bad
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by danb View Post
      hey layne,
      dave from chgo here..how are things going...saw nick at pro international, we both got roughed up a bit, i got a few 8th place votes, but i could not do the night show, had to leave show after prejudge due to medical emerg at home. i will change day before prep and sat prep for the worlds in nov... i was better on thurs/friday....i got dropped to 13th after not being there at nite..nick got 11th.
      yeah it was a tough show and the way they did the class cut off was nuts; sorry to hear about the fam emergency.. i hope everything turned out ok

-Layne
      BioLayne LLC
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by gainmusclefast View Post
        layne whats your favorite back exercise for width? i really need to bring up my lats

bump
        "Leg Day Is Business"
        Layne Norton

Comment

layne whats your favorite back exercise for width? i really need to bring up my lats
          I think that Layne said recently that he really likes rack chins for this purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            yeah it was a tough show and the way they did the class cut off was nuts; sorry to hear about the fam emergency.. i hope everything turned out ok

-Layne
            Did they split it up like they did last year, splitting up the classes so there were even amount of guys in each class.....disregarding their weights?
            Shelby 01/2000 - 4/18/10. Rest in peace baby, there's no more suffering.

Comment

• Originally posted by AzDrugFree View Post
              Did they split it up like they did last year, splitting up the classes so there were even amount of guys in each class.....disregarding their weights?
              This is why I'll never compete in any other organization besides the NPC. They actually did that?
              TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
              Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

• Originally posted by thagman View Post
                I think that Layne said recently that he really likes rack chins for this purpose.
                do your feet stay on the floor or propped on a bench?
                "Leg Day Is Business"
                Layne Norton

Comment

I do mine with my feet propped up on a bench. Pretty sure Layne does the same, but I'm not certain.

Comment

• Originally posted by AzDrugFree View Post
                    yea lightweight cut off was like 185. something crazy like that.

i don't mind trying to even out classes a bit; but you've got to keep it within reason
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

on a decline bench. I turn it so the feet rests are facing me and i put it up as high as it goes and put my feet on top of that so my body makes like an L shape
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Leptin/T3 on refeed

Layne,

As I'm enjoying my refeed day, was wondering if you have seen or heard any studies about increasing Leptin/T3 with on large meal verses spreading the extra carbs out over a whole day?

I would think that spreading it out is more effective as you are less likely to add bodyfat, plus replenishing glycogen would also be hampered I would think too.

Just curious if you have seen anything or have an opinion of a day long refeed verses one or two big carb meals.

Thanks!
                        www.naturaliowamuscle.com
                        www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• hello ryan and layne,
                          what did u think of the show? were you there, layne..or did u hear about things from nick? Can you guys comment on my physique..etc....I thought i could have done better had the head judge given me a bit more time in the middle of the lineup...the lighting, according to phil wever of wever photo, was poor..especilly on the end...lol...

Comment

• things are stable, but not good with parents, thank u for asking, layne

Comment

• Originally posted by DEDICATE92 View Post
                              Layne,

As I'm enjoying my refeed day, was wondering if you have seen or heard any studies about increasing Leptin/T3 with on large meal verses spreading the extra carbs out over a whole day?

I would think that spreading it out is more effective as you are less likely to add bodyfat, plus replenishing glycogen would also be hampered I would think too.

Just curious if you have seen anything or have an opinion of a day long refeed verses one or two big carb meals.

Thanks!
                              i think it is absolutely better to spread them out yes
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by danb View Post
                                hello ryan and layne,
                                what did u think of the show? were you there, layne..or did u hear about things from nick? Can you guys comment on my physique..etc....I thought i could have done better had the head judge given me a bit more time in the middle of the lineup...the lighting, according to phil wever of wever photo, was poor..especilly on the end...lol...
                                i'm afraid i was not there; do you have any pictures from the show. I'm sorry about the parents; i hope things get better
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X