Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just received a message from a person at bodybuilding.com from a guy who has been calling me a 'swimmer' for the past few weeks and repeatedly brings up how I 'look like a swimmer'. Ends up he wants help with his diet and to have me take a look over it. I don't know if I should be flattered but I'm not. I'm actually pretty pissed that someone who has been ripping me wants to now use me to help him fix his shit. I like helping people, I like being a 'nice' guy, but lately this kind of shit has really been getting to me. People are so fucking selfish these days. It's ridiculous. Maybe i'm overreacting.
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      I just received a message from a person at bodybuilding.com from a guy who has been calling me a 'swimmer' for the past few weeks and repeatedly brings up how I 'look like a swimmer'. Ends up he wants help with his diet and to have me take a look over it. I don't know if I should be flattered but I'm not. I'm actually pretty pissed that someone who has been ripping me wants to now use me to help him fix his shit. I like helping people, I like being a 'nice' guy, but lately this kind of shit has really been getting to me. People are so fucking selfish these days. It's ridiculous. Maybe i'm overreacting.
      That's hilarious! I'd tell him to fuck off, frankly. It's not your job to be a door mat and take whatever these arseholes decide to dish out, then turn around and help them. What a cheeky prick!

Comment

• layne don't let him get to you, you are huge! u look like a bodybuilder
        "Leg Day Is Business"
        Layne Norton

Comment

• he claims he was kidding; oh well I'll be a good samaritan; maybe it will come back around to me as good karma
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Hey layne,
            hope youre doing well. My training partner and I have decided to do a natural show in British Columbia (we're from vancouver) sometime next fall '08. Until then, i have alot of free time to really increase my scholarly knowledge regarding the fundamentals of nutrition and training froma more scientific viewpoint.
            Being an alumni of the University of B.c. I have access to all libraries on campus and I was wondering if you could recommend a basic, broad and beginners textbook that perhaps would be good for me regarding nutrion and human kinesiology. Also, has there been any books that youve read written by pro bodybuilders that youd recommend? I know Dorian Yates' blood and guts is widely suggested...do you recommend any others?
            Also,do you recommend any training videos? I have most of Jay's, Ronnie's, Levrones' and Ruhl, however, theyre not very informative regarding nutrition...its stuff i cant relate to myself as a natural athlete. Any training vid's from pro's that you actually would recommend? Aside from yours?
            Stay healthy and take care! jerryjuice

ps. when is your training video coming out? im dying to buy a few vid's.

Comment

he claims he was kidding; oh well I'll be a good samaritan; maybe it will come back around to me as good karma
              you look like a swimmer....who lifts weights everyday and is on the sauce lol

oh an about the classes in that show getting all tossed around...I did an ABA show, and the "tall class" is supposed to be 5'11 and over...so they put me and 3 guys who were 5'8 to 5'9 in the same class...I'm 6'1...it looked ridiculous....sigh
              Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
              http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

I just received a message from a person at bodybuilding.com from a guy who has been calling me a 'swimmer' for the past few weeks and repeatedly brings up how I 'look like a swimmer'. Ends up he wants help with his diet and to have me take a look over it. I don't know if I should be flattered but I'm not. I'm actually pretty pissed that someone who has been ripping me wants to now use me to help him fix his shit. I like helping people, I like being a 'nice' guy, but lately this kind of shit has really been getting to me. People are so fucking selfish these days. It's ridiculous. Maybe i'm overreacting.

write him a diet which has the 3 essentials!! macas, kfc and pizza!!
                then take his money!!! hehe sorry bit nasty i know

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryjuice View Post
                  Hey layne,
                  hope youre doing well. My training partner and I have decided to do a natural show in British Columbia (we're from vancouver) sometime next fall '08. Until then, i have alot of free time to really increase my scholarly knowledge regarding the fundamentals of nutrition and training froma more scientific viewpoint.
                  Being an alumni of the University of B.c. I have access to all libraries on campus and I was wondering if you could recommend a basic, broad and beginners textbook that perhaps would be good for me regarding nutrion and human kinesiology. Also, has there been any books that youve read written by pro bodybuilders that youd recommend? I know Dorian Yates' blood and guts is widely suggested...do you recommend any others?
                  Also,do you recommend any training videos? I have most of Jay's, Ronnie's, Levrones' and Ruhl, however, theyre not very informative regarding nutrition...its stuff i cant relate to myself as a natural athlete. Any training vid's from pro's that you actually would recommend? Aside from yours?
                  Stay healthy and take care! jerryjuice

ps. when is your training video coming out? im dying to buy a few vid's.
                  Jerry,
                  the goal is to get mine out by christmas or early 2008. As far as academic books, there is a good textbook out there written by stipanik that i would recommend. As far as kinesiology i am less knowledgable about good books but one i did like was Skeletal Muscle: structure, function, and plasticity.

as far as pros' books/DVDs I am hard pressed to think of good one's. I know Justin Harris has a DVD out, I watched it and thought it had some good nutrition info in there. The DVD is called "project superheavyweight" My friend Jason Wojonowski (i think i butchered his last name) has a DVD coming out and he's pretty well educated (PhD in immunology) so that might be a good pick up as well.

John Hanson, John Harris, & Rob Hope are all natural champions who have DVDs out right now, though I have not seen them yet.

-Layne
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Quelly View Post
                    you look like a swimmer....who lifts weights everyday and is on the sauce lol

oh an about the classes in that show getting all tossed around...I did an ABA show, and the "tall class" is supposed to be 5'11 and over...so they put me and 3 guys who were 5'8 to 5'9 in the same class...I'm 6'1...it looked ridiculous....sigh
                    yea but would you have rather been in a class by yourself?
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• layne,
                      hello...sorry there are some jerks on here, but don't let negative people affect your mood..you are a nice guy and a very good bodybuilder, we know that...no pics at this time...the ones taken by wever photo are taken of me at 45 degree angle and they are not very representative...i'l shoot you an e-mail of two taken day before...be well, and thank u very much for your kind words about my folks

Comment

• dave, i'll look for your email
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• thank u

Comment

• hey layne do u take beta alanine if so do u cycle it?
                            "Leg Day Is Business"
                            Layne Norton

Comment

• Feedback

Originally posted by danb View Post
                              hello ryan and layne,
                              what did u think of the show? were you there, layne..or did u hear about things from nick? Can you guys comment on my physique..etc....I thought i could have done better had the head judge given me a bit more time in the middle of the lineup...the lighting, according to phil wever of wever photo, was poor..especilly on the end...lol...
                              Dave,

Check your PM.

-Ryan
                              www.naturaliowamuscle.com
                              www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• what is pm, ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X