Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    I just received a message from a person at bodybuilding.com from a guy who has been calling me a 'swimmer' for the past few weeks and repeatedly brings up how I 'look like a swimmer'. Ends up he wants help with his diet and to have me take a look over it. I don't know if I should be flattered but I'm not. I'm actually pretty pissed that someone who has been ripping me wants to now use me to help him fix his shit. I like helping people, I like being a 'nice' guy, but lately this kind of shit has really been getting to me. People are so fucking selfish these days. It's ridiculous. Maybe i'm overreacting.
    You are becoming one of the most popular natural bodybuilders and people are going to be this way. Celebrities deal with this all the time I'm sure and you just have to let it roll off the shoulder, comes with the recognition. Don't blame you, but it should give you some satisfaction when those who criticize you then come on their knees to you.

This guy has the same syndrome that little boys and girls do growing up -they hit and pick on each other, even though they really like each other and want attention (don't mean that in a homo way, but you know what I mean ).
    www.naturaliowamuscle.com
    www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• Originally posted by danb View Post
      what is pm, ryan
      At the top of your screen where it says Welcome, danb, you can mouse over "Private Messages" and you can read things people send you.
      www.naturaliowamuscle.com
      www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• Layne... watched all your vids on BB.com today... good stuff man
        NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

yea but would you have rather been in a class by yourself?
          no...and thats a good point lol....wouldn't of had much pride in that trophy...it was more just the whole feel of the event...the lighting was bad, the classes seemed thrown together, I was a little dissapointed with the professionalism of the whole production....and then to compete in the NPC Contra Costa the weekend afterwards it was like night and day...You've mentioned the OCB has very high quality shows, and although the INBF does put on good shows....I don't really feel there is any future for me as a wnbf pro...and I'm planning on turning pro...do you know if there is any chance the OCB is going to be expanding out west layne?
          Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
          http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by gainmusclefast View Post
            hey layne do u take beta alanine if so do u cycle it?
            yes & no
            BioLayne LLC
            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Quelly View Post
              no...and thats a good point lol....wouldn't of had much pride in that trophy...it was more just the whole feel of the event...the lighting was bad, the classes seemed thrown together, I was a little dissapointed with the professionalism of the whole production....and then to compete in the NPC Contra Costa the weekend afterwards it was like night and day...You've mentioned the OCB has very high quality shows, and although the INBF does put on good shows....I don't really feel there is any future for me as a wnbf pro...and I'm planning on turning pro...do you know if there is any chance the OCB is going to be expanding out west layne?
              yea they have shows in cali & oregon now i think
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

I just received a message from a person at bodybuilding.com from a guy who has been calling me a 'swimmer' for the past few weeks and repeatedly brings up how I 'look like a swimmer'. Ends up he wants help with his diet and to have me take a look over it. I don't know if I should be flattered but I'm not. I'm actually pretty pissed that someone who has been ripping me wants to now use me to help him fix his shit. I like helping people, I like being a 'nice' guy, but lately this kind of shit has really been getting to me. People are so fucking selfish these days. It's ridiculous. Maybe i'm overreacting.
                Design a diet and routine for him that would be optimal for a swimmer
                I min/max my physique

Comment

• I suppose it's a form of flattery if he's going to pay you for your effort in helping him. If he follows what you say the results will speak for themselves. Now if he's looking for the 'good buddy' freebie then I think you should simply tell him that at this time you will not have the opportunity to take on someone else.
                  Either way you save face and are still the much much...did I say much bigger man.
                  Your becoming quite a commodity. Remember that.
                  Assistant to the regional manager.
                  Iron8 approved

Comment

• Thanks for the reply about the "milos shake" u said it would be over kill... i understand that when using this on myself ive cut it down immensly...my question actually was does this theory of amino acids given during a workout a sound and solid theory or a "guruesque" type concoction??
                    www.myspace.com/bucksweep85
                    "Insane is what the lazy call the commited!"

Comment

yea they have shows in cali & oregon now i think
                      really....awesome I'll have to keep an eye out for any in the central to northen california area in 09, thanks
                      Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                      http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• Quelly I see it says you live in Sac. Where about bro?
                        I'm in Fair Oaks.
                        Now at least we have 2 people representing Nor Cal.
                        These east coast guys have shows every weekend. Not us.
                        Assistant to the regional manager.
                        Iron8 approved

Comment

• Hey Layne, I'm on a keto diet, I was thinking of bringing up the intensity of my cardio. Right now I'm walking 1 - 2 hours a day. I was going to start walking up and down the stairs at work for 30 min in the morning. On the Keto diet do you think I'll burn to much muscle doing this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
                            I suppose it's a form of flattery if he's going to pay you for your effort in helping him. If he follows what you say the results will speak for themselves. Now if he's looking for the 'good buddy' freebie then I think you should simply tell him that at this time you will not have the opportunity to take on someone else.
                            Either way you save face and are still the much much...did I say much bigger man.
                            Your becoming quite a commodity. Remember that.
                            I agree. I am working with Layne for my contest prep, and he is AWESOME, I am very happy with my progress thus far. I think Layne is definitely generous in the information & help he gives out on these message boards. I know he is "paying it forward" and all but, sometimes I think too many people take advantage. It is ridiculous for someone to assume he will do a diet for them for free.....he gives so much to so many people. There is a difference between asking for advice and using someone for their knowledge to better themselves. Layne, I respect you to the highest degree and I hope everyone that asks you for advice does as well
                            "You're either in or you're out, there's no such thing as life in between."

Comment

• Layne-
                              Do you smoke? Do you drink? Do you feel doing these would make you not be a "natural" bodybuilder? Not trying to instigate, butif AAS abstinence is justified by its ill effects, wouldnt drug use be looked down upon as well.
                              Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Comment

• i do not smoke save the occasional cigar (maybe once every 4-6 months) and I may have 'a' drink every couple of weeks; however alcohol in small doses is actually quite good for you. That said I agree with you that many naturals are hypocrites in that many of them cut water (probably more dangerous and damaging than a lot of steroids) and smoke which is definately worse.

-Layne
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X