Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    what was the point of school again? HA! lol

no kidding, lol

we pay for school so we can get a job that pays a little more, and the little more we make goes right back into paying off school....plus interest!
    MorphogenNutrition.com
    Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Originally posted by jrod View Post
      Hahaha, I know the feeling. School is/was expensive. I have close to 30k in loans and thats just from my undergrad.
      Yeah what was UC Davis about $3k per quarter for an undergrad? It's been a while since my wife went there, but I still remember paying for it. Grants are a wonderful thing. Man when I went to college it was like $800 per quarter Don't hate...I'm old lol
      Assistant to the regional manager.
      Iron8 approved

Comment

• Yep. When you graduate your relieved until you realize what you gotta pay monthly for those loans.
        Republicans buy shoes too.

Comment

• PWO Shake

Hey Layne,
          First off just want to say thanks for all the research you do, all of your posts across the board have helped me out tremendously. I have a question for you regarding Post-Workout Nutrition. I am currently taking Universal Torrent PWO, but would like to make my own blend now. I am thinking about using Primaforce Carb Slam (2scoops=60grams). With 9 grams EAA's, 35-40 grams Whey Protein Isolate, and 2 grams Citrulline Mallate. I was also thinking of adding in 5 grams of creatine monohydrate. If you could help me out with my PWO blend I would greatly appreciate your input. And if you have any other suggestions on additions or subtractions please let me know. Thanks Layne!
          - CarpeDiem

*Forgot to add, I weigh 185 Pounds.
          Last edited by CarpeDiem87; October 5, 2007, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• It was pretty cool to email someone out of the blue, and he answers back so quickly with a really comprehensive answer, so I just wanted to thank you again say again how much I appreciate your time....

For anyone thinking about using Layne for his contest prep services, I must say if he offers help so quickly and well both via email and in this thread, I can only imagine the extreme quality he must offer with contest prep.

Comment

• Originally posted by CQ View Post
              It was pretty cool to email someone out of the blue, and he answers back so quickly with a really comprehensive answer, so I just wanted to thank you again say again how much I appreciate your time....

For anyone thinking about using Layne for his contest prep services, I must say if he offers help so quickly and well both via email and in this thread, I can only imagine the extreme quality he must offer with contest prep.
              hey no problem man, I hope the info helped out.
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by CarpeDiem87 View Post
                Hey Layne,
                First off just want to say thanks for all the research you do, all of your posts across the board have helped me out tremendously. I have a question for you regarding Post-Workout Nutrition. I am currently taking Universal Torrent PWO, but would like to make my own blend now. I am thinking about using Primaforce Carb Slam (2scoops=60grams). With 9 grams EAA's, 35-40 grams Whey Protein Isolate, and 2 grams Citrulline Mallate. I was also thinking of adding in 5 grams of creatine monohydrate. If you could help me out with my PWO blend I would greatly appreciate your input. And if you have any other suggestions on additions or subtractions please let me know. Thanks Layne!
                - CarpeDiem

*Forgot to add, I weigh 185 Pounds.
                i think that's a solid blend but I would replace the EAAS with BCAAs (5-10g) and would also add a gram or two of beta-alanine. that would be SOLID
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                  no kidding, lol

we pay for school so we can get a job that pays a little more, and the little more we make goes right back into paying off school....plus interest!
                  How's this for a kicker, go to school to play football and have everything paid for. I get an injury inmy second that ended my football career, and then my money gets taken away with it. I finish school by taking loans out and now I have almost 40k in debt with the interest added on and 25yrs of repayment.

Comment

• Originally posted by CQ View Post
                    It was pretty cool to email someone out of the blue, and he answers back so quickly with a really comprehensive answer, so I just wanted to thank you again say again how much I appreciate your time....

Whatever you imagine - that's it. He's great. He's the only way to go if you are committed and willing to put in the work.
                    "You're either in or you're out, there's no such thing as life in between."

Comment

absorption isn't as big of a deal as people think. Whey is actually significantly slower digestion when you combine it with carbs & fat. In my research; whey w/ carbs & fat will keep aminos plateaued for 3 hours and they will start falling off after that but at 5 hours post meal they are still elevated above baseline
                      Question: If absorption doesn't matter like people think i.e. its not life and death pwo, why do people SWEAR by Whey (and no other protein). In theory could any protein be used post.

I'm thinking of doing for cost reasons 2 servings of WHEY concentrate 15 + Gemma Protein Isolate 12 + 3 L-Leucine (based on Trueprotein's custom mix) as my new PWO over my old Whey Isolate 40 G + some BCAAs. Then a full meal 30-60 later.

I just wanted to make sure with an expert its ok overthe gold standard preached of 40+ G of Whey PWO + BCAA 5-10G
                      "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

Comment

• i think protein source is less important, especially considering you are taking leucine on top of that
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

i think protein source is less important, especially considering you are taking leucine on top of that
                          indeed. i believe that now
                          Are you gonna live your life, or are you biding time till you die?

Comment

• Breaking the norms of PWO myself. I was one of those who became indoctrinated into the pwo shakes of whey, dex, cret, glut and bcaa for years untill recently I have been doing some research and searching for the why's and hows of this tactic. Its well supported as effective but that dont mean its the one all cure all way to go for pwo nutrition.

I dont mean to suck up to Layne but I am using the following guidelines for my pre-during and post workout supplementation plan:

-Eat a whole food meal 90 minutes before weights
                            -Drink 1 scoop Vasocharge + 1 scoop Xtend 15 minute pre-workout
                            -Drink 1 scoop WPI + 1 scoop Xtend during workout (75 minutes)
                            -Eat a whole food meal 30 minutes after I finish my 5 minute cool down

I am bulking right now from 200lbs and 12% bf to about 210lbs without breaking 15% bodyfat. This little tactic is working very well as I never feel tired or fatigued during my workout at all. There is no additive or cummulative feelings of being gassed out at all! Plus you dont need to go messing with insulin spikes and crap right after the workout either. I am seeing now that bodybuilders who train to stimulate and breakdown muscles dont need thes ehuge carb loads as much as other athletes do like football, soccer, swimming, hockey etc. They stress a metabolic system which thus taps into glycolysis and thus burns shit loads of carbs and some fats. Muscle tissue although used greatly is not broken down to the degree a hard training bodybuilders would be. Thus it is amino acids and the related pathways that need to be bolsterd and supported during and after training rather then carbohydrate focuses.
                            MS - Human Sport Performance
                            NSCA - CPT, CSCS

Comment

• Originally posted by spirit3530 View Post
                              indeed. i believe that now
                              the man of the hour... what up champ?
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

i think that's a solid blend but I would replace the EAAS with BCAAs (5-10g) and would also add a gram or two of beta-alanine. that would be SOLID
                                Hey Layne,
                                Thanks for the quick response, I'll switch the EAAs with BCAAs. Once I finish my bottle of Incarnate, I'll prob switch to Beta-Alanine powder for the price and convienence. Have another quick questions for you. I have just started taking Vasocharge pre-workout, great stuff I get amazing pumps. I'm on my second tub of it now, and was wondering if you cycle off of it after a certain amount of time? Is there a need to cycle it?? Thanks agains Layne!

- CarpeDiem

Comment

Working...
                                X