Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CHM HARDCORE View Post
    how does this stuff taste, I would like to get some bcaa that I could add too my protein drinks with out messing up the flavor

idk yet i just ordered some im pretty sure its unflavored so it would be fine
    "Leg Day Is Business"
    Layne Norton

Comment

• Layne,
      While on a ketogenic diet like dave palumbos... would there be limits in which one trains...would less volume higher intensity coincide with this diet or does it not matter at all...as long as my workout arent like arnolds from his encyclopedia of bodybuilding the ultimate diagram to over training hha..thanks
      www.myspace.com/bucksweep85
      "Insane is what the lazy call the commited!"

Comment

• Dave advocates less volume, doing about 2 working sets per exercise and stopping just short of failure
        I min/max my physique

Comment

• on keto your stamina would be reduced so you won't be able to do as much
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Layne,
            What do you think about an Arginine and Orthinine combo like NOW's
            NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• never was really big on the combo. i assume for GH? i don't think it's that effective
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                thanks bryan. honestly that is a ton of calories. how much weight are you gaining per month on average?
                hej layne thanks for the answer

yeah i known it is alot dont known if it is to much trying to grow
                i am a really hard gainer

i went from 207-221 in like 9 weeks i think

the bad thing is that i am not as good looking when i was on a diet hehe i was like 197

Comment

• well I think that putting on 14 lbs in 9 weeks is just too fast. you can only synthesize muscle tissue so fast. Max rate of fractional protein synthesis in humans is around 0.5% per day; so even if protein degradation is minimal that means a person who has 150 lbs of skeletal muscle tissue is going to have a hard time putting on more than 1/2 lb muscle per week max.

-Layne
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                    well I think that putting on 14 lbs in 9 weeks is just too fast. you can only synthesize muscle tissue so fast. Max rate of fractional protein synthesis in humans is around 0.5% per day; so even if protein degradation is minimal that means a person who has 150 lbs of skeletal muscle tissue is going to have a hard time putting on more than 1/2 lb muscle per week max.

-Layne

so cut my cabs down to 300 then see how it looks

Comment

• honestly i would back your fat off and your carbs off. 140+ grams of fat is entirely too much
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Layne what do you think about the setpoint theory?

Lately I've been mini cutting/bulking and trying to keep myself around 10-12% bodyfat, but I notice my metabolism likes to slow down right when I get to the 12-14% mark, and when I begin a bulk, I tend to add a good chunk of fat and can easily get into the 14-16% range...and then all of a sudden I'm always hot, sweat and get my HR up a lot more during exerecise and basically shows signs of my metabolism speeding up....

point being it seems that my "set point" (if this theory is valid) is around 12-15%....am I spinning my wheels trying to stay 10-12% in the offseason, and spending too much time cutting when I could be bulking in the 14-16% bodyfat range?

I'm down to about 12% after a good month and a week of cutting, and I'm giong to keep cutting for about another week or so and then try a solid, moderate carb bulk with sesamin, ala, and some other "keep fat at bay" supps trying to gain .5lbs/week in attempt to gain mostly lean body mass...maybe my lack of diligence and willpower is making me think my set point is higher than it is...well we'll find out after a little while into my lean bulk

thanks
                        Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                        http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• this will seem out of left field but humor me. How bad did you binge after your show and how much weight did you gain in the first 2 weeks?
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• hey layne how many times a day do you usually take a whey shake?
                            "Leg Day Is Business"
                            Layne Norton

Comment

• once maybe twice. i'd take it 5x per day if i was in a pinch
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Layne Illinois must be crazy right now... How is the atmosphere over there? I know everyone is down on us here, pretty ,much everyone hates our QB Morelli haha.
                                NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

Working...
                                X