Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • it's really not that bad around here. usually after big wins Isabel and I don't go out because we are worried about drunk idiots. My brother almost got killed during a drunk driving accident so I don't usually have anything to do with late night weekends in 'bartown'.

    also check out the new episode guys... this one is with my mentor Dr. Joe; you guys will love this! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife11.htm
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

    Comment


    • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post

      also check out the new episode guys... this one is with my mentor Dr. Joe; you guys will love this! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife11.htm
      Awesome stuff!! There is a lot of knowledge floating around on this episode!
      www.naturaliowamuscle.com
      www.heartlandclassic.com

      Comment


      • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        it's really not that bad around here. usually after big wins Isabel and I don't go out because we are worried about drunk idiots. My brother almost got killed during a drunk driving accident so I don't usually have anything to do with late night weekends in 'bartown'.

        also check out the new episode guys... this one is with my mentor Dr. Joe; you guys will love this! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife11.htm

        not a bad looking jump shot buddy!!

        Sam

        Comment


        • That episode on BB.com was great...its nice to see a natural pro explain to the doubters that there is another world of BOdybuilding besides the "non-tested" shows... Natural is where its at...you are def a great natural icon!
          www.myspace.com/bucksweep85
          "Insane is what the lazy call the commited!"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            this will seem out of left field but humor me. How bad did you binge after your show and how much weight did you gain in the first 2 weeks?
            pretty damn bad I had periods of control and periods of lack of control that lasted probably a good month, after the water subsided I was up 20lbs a month after my show....after two weeks, first thing in the morning without water retention I was up by about 12-14lbs....so I gained like a pound a day after my show....yeah....a crap ton too fast
            Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
            http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

            Comment


            • honestly you may have reset your metabolism in a bad spot, higher than before. Unless you want to go through a prolonged offseason cutting phase to fix it I don't know if there is much you can do at this point other than making sure you are doing HIIT 2-3 days per week
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

              Comment


              • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                honestly you may have reset your metabolism in a bad spot, higher than before. Unless you want to go through a prolonged offseason cutting phase to fix it I don't know if there is much you can do at this point other than making sure you are doing HIIT 2-3 days per week
                well...i'm in the middle of a prolonged offseason cutting phase...coming up on 6 weeks...I'm about 12% I'd guess, and I'm doing hiit once a week, could probably up that....but I've been fatter in the past....I bulked up to 220 about 2 years into training...and back then I probably had about 175lbs of LBM as oppossed to 185lbs of LBM that i have now...so yeah I was fat....but i've got a very lean mass gain plan coming up and I'll do hiit 2x a week...or would you suggest getting the BF a little lower before trying to grow again? thanks for the advice
                Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

                Comment


                • i'd try to get to 8% then very gradually start increasing calories to re-set the metabolism. I don't mind giving out most info, but that technique is something I will guard because it is kind of proprietary and something I don't think most people have a knack for.
                  BioLayne LLC
                  PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                    i'd try to get to 8% then very gradually start increasing calories to re-set the metabolism. I don't mind giving out most info, but that technique is something I will guard because it is kind of proprietary and something I don't think most people have a knack for.
                    oh i wasnt expecting anything more than "keep cutting" or "bulk with just a slight surplus and do hiit" so thanks for the info man

                    and it sounds like I should basically do what I should have done post contest lol

                    Well, Sadly I've got a bulking obligation for a sponsored log that I've got to do, and I'm not stepping on the stage again til 09'...so basically I'm going to have to do the leanest bulk as possible for the next 50 days since I'm loggin x factor and activate xtreme stacked...and then I'll start my quest for 8%, thanks for advice man
                    Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

                    Comment


                    • layne, episode 11 of your video series...tell me thats not the last episode?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by White_Goodman View Post
                        layne, episode 11 of your video series...tell me thats not the last episode?
                        Episode 12 comes out in two weeks (per the sentence below the video on the page).

                        Comment


                        • it says that but sometimes it takes longer sometimes it out quicker
                          "Leg Day Is Business"
                          Layne Norton

                          Comment


                          • protein amounts

                            I read in the last MD magazine that you think 1xbody weight is enough for protein synthesis in a BB. And in fact too much >1.5 is too much leading to possibly negative affects.

                            I was talking to a friend about this and this is a good question. Based on the research doesn't this apply to only NATURAL BBers. If you are on a AAS cycle wouldn't you NEED 2+ to build muscle in the presence of increased androgens.

                            And either way what are the negative affects of >1.5. The biggest I'm thinking is your body just cant process all that protein before it passes through so you waste alot of it away. Maybe digestive enzymes would help if attempting such copious amounts?
                            "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

                            Comment


                            • by that backwards logic of your friend that would make steroids catabolic if they NEED more protein to grow. that is nonsense. now is more protein optimal for them? maybe but i've never seen any evidence of that whatsoever

                              what issue of MD was this in? they never told me i had an article published LOL
                              BioLayne LLC
                              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                                by that backwards logic of your friend that would make steroids catabolic if they NEED more protein to grow. that is nonsense. now is more protein optimal for them? maybe but i've never seen any evidence of that whatsoever

                                what issue of MD was this in? they never told me i had an article published LOL
                                The MDonline part, where the moderators speak out.
                                I min/max my physique

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X