Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    by that backwards logic of your friend that would make steroids catabolic if they NEED more protein to grow. that is nonsense. now is more protein optimal for them? maybe but i've never seen any evidence of that whatsoever

what issue of MD was this in? they never told me i had an article published LOL
    Its the Nov issue with Ben White on the cover. page 67

Maybe its just anecdotal that people on aas cycle need MORE protein. Seems like your saying there is no research showing you would need EXTRA protein (>1-1.5) regardless of the presence of extra androgens or not. My thing to my friend who is on cycle was that well you admit you are eating all this food but going to the bathroom alot. How do we even know its being absorbed! You take in 2xbodyweight of protein then shit out 0.5 lol thats a waste No pun intended lol
    "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

Comment

• they dont need more, but they could possibly utilize more for their benefit
      MorphogenNutrition.com
      Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Ok layne this is the thing though.

WHAT are the actual negative affects of >1.5 x bodyweight protein intake that you have mentioned in that posting.
        "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnvil View Post
          Ok layne this is the thing though.

WHAT are the actual negative affects of >1.5 x bodyweight protein intake that you have mentioned in that posting.
          i doubt that there are huge negative effects other than slowing down digestiong to super slow and possibly desensitizing yourself in th elong run
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

i doubt that there are huge negative effects other than slowing down digestiong to super slow and possibly desensitizing yourself in th elong run
            Layne but what do you think of having a higher protein intake for a macronutrient balance? If you need over 600 carbs to gain something (like me; 21 x bw maintenance) , 1x bw protein will leave me at like 25 grams of protein per meal. If im eating 80 Carbs of pasta for example for a PPWO meal, there will be about 13 Protein grams in the pasta, leaving about the same amount of chicken protein to be eaten (very little chicken and would seem like an unbalanced meal). I know you deal with it by eating less meals with more protein each meal but i can't imagine eating so many carbs in one sitting, the 7 meals i eat now are big enough...

Comment

• Layne, I was just watching the last 2 episodes on BB.com and I have to say Nice Job!
              I do have a quick question for you. A guy at my gym competes (on occasion) in the OCB. He actually judges in a different fed (I believe) and I see that Jim C. (in episode 10) is a pro in the WNBF.
              SO... What fed do you prefer (or recommend) as far as Natties are concerned? What are some of the differences in feds?
              Thanks in advance and keep up the great work on the episodes!

Joe

Comment

• oh yeah,
                and how tall is Jim C?? 165!! Crazy!

Comment

• Dr. Joe was talking about carbs as "protein sparing". i know you both agree on this and keep carbs higher than most while dieting down but i was wondering if fat had the same "protein sparing" effect if in equal caloric intake (ex: 50g carb or 22g fat)? Basically, are carbohydrates better at sparing protein rather than fat if at identical caloric intakes or is it more personal based on tolerances and body types?

Comment

• Layne...the new episode is great. I like the fact that you put your mentors and people you respect on your show.
                    "You're either in or you're out, there's no such thing as life in between."

Comment

• Originally posted by Supernothing View Post
                      Layne but what do you think of having a higher protein intake for a macronutrient balance? If you need over 600 carbs to gain something (like me; 21 x bw maintenance) , 1x bw protein will leave me at like 25 grams of protein per meal. If im eating 80 Carbs of pasta for example for a PPWO meal, there will be about 13 Protein grams in the pasta, leaving about the same amount of chicken protein to be eaten (very little chicken and would seem like an unbalanced meal). I know you deal with it by eating less meals with more protein each meal but i can't imagine eating so many carbs in one sitting, the 7 meals i eat now are big enough...
                      yea then you can go higher if you want to my point has always been more protein probably isn't bad but it certainly isn't 'needed' as so many 'gurus' preach
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                        Layne, I was just watching the last 2 episodes on BB.com and I have to say Nice Job!
                        I do have a quick question for you. A guy at my gym competes (on occasion) in the OCB. He actually judges in a different fed (I believe) and I see that Jim C. (in episode 10) is a pro in the WNBF.
                        SO... What fed do you prefer (or recommend) as far as Natties are concerned? What are some of the differences in feds?
                        Thanks in advance and keep up the great work on the episodes!

Joe
                        i've actually talked about it quite a bit in this thread. I think the OCB is the best; I think the WNBF has quality athletes but I think the people who run it up are killing natural bodybuilding and do not respect their athletes and exploit them.
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFigure View Post
                          Layne...the new episode is great. I like the fact that you put your mentors and people you respect on your show.
                          Joe & Jim both deserve a show... probably moreso than me; so I feel obligated to put them on the show
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

i've actually talked about it quite a bit in this thread. I think the OCB is the best; I think the WNBF has quality athletes but I think the people who run it up are killing natural bodybuilding and do not respect their athletes and exploit them.
                            Sorry I didn't search it but thanks for the reply.

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                            Joe & Jim both deserve a show... probably more so than me; so I feel obligated to put them on the show
                            Class act bro!

Comment

• Hey Layne, do you ever work out with Patrick Arnold?
                              I min/max my physique

Comment

• i don't really workout with anyone. i work along side people occasionally, but I honestly like working out better alone
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X