Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i usually put it in a blender before hand just to mix up the oats better
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Curious if you have ever tried using a coffee bean grinder to make a nice oat powder. I find it works a bit better than using the blender in creating a finer powder....but maybe that isnt a concern to you I just hated having to drink huge chunks of oats for some reason.

Comment

• might have to try that
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Just stopping in to see how your doing Layne. Will you be at the Arnold? I just booked my hotel.
          VP of Marketing for Nutrabio
          instagram @naturalguy2.0

Comment

• busy as holy hell. but you betcha i'll be at the arnold!
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Hey Layne. I know ya busy but I know you will have a good come back for this one. Over at **** *******'s thread he said there is no need to supplement BCAA free form because a BB should already be getting the needed amount from protein. In fact he called it an old 80s BB gimmick by Weider the same with Liver Tabs (I agree with him on the Tabs!) just rehashed as new. Dave feels high protein diet = all the BCAA u need ever.

Moreover, one of my friends who I tried to explain BCAA benefit in his training discounted the research papers (like yours) I showed him too. His take on was like Dave .. what about overall diet not just pwo. He agreed it does stimulate protein synthesis but he is like thats just 1 part of the time not all day. And its not alot to matter etc.

Bottom line they are saying pure BCAA form = waste of $ if you have a high protein diet already. How can I combat this thinking or are they right?
              "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

Comment

• wow i got that primaforce bcaa powder and i went to the gym and took the scoops strait to the mouth with water and WOW it taste horrible!!
                "Leg Day Is Business"
                Layne Norton

Comment

• Originally posted by gainmusclefast View Post
                  wow i got that primaforce bcaa powder and i went to the gym and took the scoops strait to the mouth with water and WOW it taste horrible!!
                  most amino acids esp BCAA are the most vile things Ive ever tasted. Leucine is even worse cuz its magnetic charge makes it stick to the sides of cups lol!
                  The only thing worse is drinking a cocktail with Green Tea extract (EGCG). I drank it disolved in coconut milk HORRID (long story why).

Mix in something or CAP those Aminos. I wont be doing pure anymore after my last BCAA powder runs out.

CAPS FOR ME... IF I still use them based on Layne's reply above

Comment

• where can i buy caps i seriously can't stand taking it
                    "Leg Day Is Business"
                    Layne Norton

Comment

• Originally posted by gainmusclefast View Post
                      where can i buy caps i seriously can't stand taking it
                      best price ive seen are NSI brand BCAA caps at www.vitacost.com

300 2.4 G caps for $19.99

Comment

• Xtend is taste-tacular....lemonade..mmmmm....watermelon....grape. .mmmmmm...new apple.....imaginative mmmmm...

Comment

• hey lanye
                          here i am agian

i was thinking off use dave diet this time 4 my first contest next year
                          then hearing hes points on cadio low intense longer time.. or just do high protien medeum cabs low fat and then use HIIT or mix HIIT with moderate cadio???

now is it stupid then to do HIIT when having almost no carbs??
                          and how offen would i be doing HIIT thing first thing i the morning then agian at night doing 20-40sek full speed 1min low pace for like 20min
                          2 times a day?

ps i am still reading tour thread i am at page 70 i see your webcast
                          i helps to keep the fire going and getting smarter at bodybuilding THANS

Comment

• waxy maize is it a slow cab like oat or fast like dextrose??

Comment

• Originally posted by MR BRYAN View Post
                              waxy maize is it a slow cab like oat or fast like dextrose??
                              its fast
                              "Leg Day Is Business"
                              Layne Norton

Comment

• Originally posted by MR BRYAN View Post
                                hey lanye
                                here i am agian

i was thinking off use dave diet this time 4 my first contest next year
                                then hearing hes points on cadio low intense longer time.. or just do high protien medeum cabs low fat and then use HIIT or mix HIIT with moderate cadio???

now is it stupid then to do HIIT when having almost no carbs??
                                and how offen would i be doing HIIT thing first thing i the morning then agian at night doing 20-40sek full speed 1min low pace for like 20min
                                2 times a day?

ps i am still reading tour thread i am at page 70 i see your webcast
                                i helps to keep the fire going and getting smarter at bodybuilding THANS
                                It is not a good idea to do HIIT cardio on zero-low carbs...that is a recipe for losing muscle quickly. If you are going to use Dave's approach, then stick with the longer low intensity sessions...Dave obviously knows his stuff, if HIIT cardio would have been a good idea on his diet, then he would have said so. Point being, if you use his approach, don't try and mix and match, just do his approach completely.

The frequency of your cardio (with whatever approach you use) is going to depend entirely on where you are starting out at, what you are dialing in for, how much time you have, etc...so it just depends. If you have plenty of time and just starting out, 1-2 sessions a week will be fine to start. Again, don't use HIIT for cardio though if you plan on using Dave's approach to dieting.

Hope this helps...

Sporto
                                IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
                                Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Comment

Working...
                                X