Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pretty much the only things you have to worry about are

    -prohormones and loophole legal steroids like methyl-1D
    -7-keto DHEA (banned by INBF/NANBF)
    -DHEA (banned by INBF/NANBF)
    -ephedrine

    most other stuff is kosher
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

    Comment


    • Thanks Layne.

      Comment


      • Layne, do you think it is possible for someone to base a leg program around the Leg Press?? I can get away with any other exercise, except squats. I can do them, but I can only go so heavy; it is murder on my lower back, so I may need to give them up. Anything else is fair game though... hack squats, front squats, lunges, etc. I guess my biggest concern is that I do not want to limit my potential growth by not using the best exercise for legs. And I simply refuse to do box squats. Below parallel is the only way for me. But I know I need heavier weight. You are fairly close to me in height (I have you by two inches). Have you had to make this sacrifice for the greater gain?

        Comment


        • i would base it around hacks or fronts in that case
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

          Comment


          • Another question.

            After I am done cutting, I want to start hitting my legs real hard. I have read that you have done a Russian squat routine. Have you done Smolov? Or another program? How did the program look like? What were your results (strenght and size gains and overall weight gain). How did your incorporate your upperbody training?
            Also I find it hard to get some serious mass on my upper back. Which excercises do you recommend?

            Comment


            • Smoothmold, bent over barbell rows, both with a slightly wide pronated grip and a standard (shoulder width) supinated grip should bring you up nicely.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                i would base it around hacks or fronts in that case
                Since my gym does not have a hack squat machine (), front squats it is! Thanks!

                Comment


                • Things are good. I am trying to get/stay around 10-12 percent. I need your opinion on where you think I am. I will send you the pics with 4 mandatories and 6 regular poses. I plan to do an online contest this year and if I think my progress is where I want it to be (weakpoints much improved) I will do the show in '08. You still gonna help me prep right
                  Are you gonna live your life, or are you biding time till you die?

                  Comment


                  • but of course
                    BioLayne LLC
                    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

                    Comment


                    • layne i am just coming off a bulk diet and i am stummped on a cut diet after reading soo much conflicting information. here are my statistics

                      5''8 210 lbs
                      roughly 18%BF
                      18 years old
                      endomorphic body type

                      on my bulk diet i was consuming around 300 grams of protein 350 grams and 100 grams of fat

                      my target is around 190 in a reasonable 4 months because i want to lose it gradually without sacrifing muscle mass, any insight will be greatly appreciated

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Smoothmold View Post
                        Another question.

                        After I am done cutting, I want to start hitting my legs real hard. I have read that you have done a Russian squat routine. Have you done Smolov? Or another program? How did the program look like? What were your results (strenght and size gains and overall weight gain). How did your incorporate your upperbody training?
                        Also I find it hard to get some serious mass on my upper back. Which excercises do you recommend?
                        i did smolov and it worked well but my joints hurt SO bad from squatting so frequently. I am back to hitting it 2x/week legs now.

                        Basically I just upper body 2x/week with lower volume since smolov has such high volume, I wanted to focus on my legs and give them a chance to properly recover

                        as far adding back mass; there is no secret, hard and heavy with rows, chins, and pulldowns. Rack chins are something you may want to try.

                        -Layne
                        BioLayne LLC
                        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by puckster68 View Post
                          layne i am just coming off a bulk diet and i am stummped on a cut diet after reading soo much conflicting information. here are my statistics

                          5''8 210 lbs
                          roughly 18%BF
                          18 years old
                          endomorphic body type

                          on my bulk diet i was consuming around 300 grams of protein 350 grams and 100 grams of fat

                          my target is around 190 in a reasonable 4 months because i want to lose it gradually without sacrifing muscle mass, any insight will be greatly appreciated
                          hey buddy have you read my article here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm
                          BioLayne LLC
                          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                            i did smolov and it worked well but my joints hurt SO bad from squatting so frequently. I am back to hitting it 2x/week legs now.

                            Basically I just upper body 2x/week with lower volume since smolov has such high volume, I wanted to focus on my legs and give them a chance to properly recover

                            as far adding back mass; there is no secret, hard and heavy with rows, chins, and pulldowns. Rack chins are something you may want to try.

                            -Layne
                            Twice a week huh? What sort of volume each time?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by west View Post
                              Twice a week huh? What sort of volume each time?
                              around 30-40 sets for quads/hams/calves
                              BioLayne LLC
                              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

                              Comment


                              • That's quite a heap of work Layne (I'm interpreting that as roughly 10 sets per body part twice a week). You're not a subscriber to the less is better ethos?

                                I saw the recent pics you posted and it seems you're making excellent progress anyway.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X