Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crou View Post
    Layne,
    what do you think about getting blood analysis done to help establish a better diet for yourself. I was reading Charles Glass' section in MD and he seems it is beneficial. What are your thoughts?
    What do you mean by that food allergies or general blood work (lipid/glucose etc)
    "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

Comment

• i am also interested in what kind of things should be tested for in a blood test. i have always thought about getting one but never knew exactly what to get done, or what was important that I could use for my knowledge.

layne, i also read a study recently done that vegetables and dietary fiber had inverse effects of serum leptin. does this mean that oatmeal/sweet potatoes are bad for refeeds?

Also, If doing HIIT, one must consume carbohydrates because as the intensity of the running/cardio increases, so does the carbohydrate utilization. if there are no carbs present and one is depleted in them it can cause musculature breakdown and the intensity will not be as high as it should be due to lack of energy. Basically, low intensity will burn more FFA's but the HIIT will be more glycotic utilizing. That is what I have learned so far, but I am just a third year BioChem major so I am still learning.

Comment

• well I would definately get

-fasting blood glucose
        -fasting blood insulin
        -HDL
        -LDL
        -TAG
        -cholesterol
        -testosterone
        -free testosterone
        -Thyroid hormone

i believe food allergies are tested for in a different manner
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
          that is why you get xtend
          yea i got some xtend i got lemonade and the 2 free jugs marc sent me to review 1 of the new grape and apple

i gonna just mix 1 scoop xtend + 2 scoops of the bcaa so i can take the stuff
          "Leg Day Is Business"
          Layne Norton

Comment

• Originally posted by Sporto View Post
            It is brutal, as I have done the low carb/low intensity cardio approach before, but the moderate carb/HIIT cardio is just as brutal too! In fact, it should be, or I would question the effort being put into it

But the main point being, the type of cardio really should coincide with the type of deiting approach chosen.

Sporto
            Preach it bro. If bodybuilding were easy EVERYONE would do it!

For me brutal is having to do the same thing over and over...OMG...I wish I could switch things up cardio wise. I woudl love to do some HIT or sport specific stuff. I'm sick of walking...
            TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
            www.fitcorps.net

Comment

contrary to popular belief my name is spelled L-a-y-n-e

the prevailing opinion seems to be that my name is

Lane
              Lanye
              Laney
              Lain
              Lay
              Lenny
              Blane
              Dane

Honestly I get emails/questions with my name spelled like that moreso than with the correct spelling. I mean... I write my name after every post; then my website is biolayne.com

Is my name that ugly ?
              I personally like L-A-N-Y-E!, but I will forever call you LAYNE, I promise!
              TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
              www.fitcorps.net

Comment

• Originally posted by hossjob View Post
                I personally like L-A-N-Y-E!, but I will forever call you LAYNE, I promise!
                I also like the sound of Dr. Norton. That has a nice ring to it.
                Assistant to the regional manager.
                Iron8 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnvil View Post
                  Hey Layne. I know ya busy but I know you will have a good come back for this one. Over at **** *******'s thread he said there is no need to supplement BCAA free form because a BB should already be getting the needed amount from protein. In fact he called it an old 80s BB gimmick by Weider the same with Liver Tabs (I agree with him on the Tabs!) just rehashed as new. Dave feels high protein diet = all the BCAA u need ever.

Moreover, one of my friends who I tried to explain BCAA benefit in his training discounted the research papers (like yours) I showed him too. His take on was like Dave .. what about overall diet not just pwo. He agreed it does stimulate protein synthesis but he is like thats just 1 part of the time not all day. And its not alot to matter etc.

Bottom line they are saying pure BCAA form = waste of $ if you have a high protein diet already. How can I combat this thinking or are they right?
                  I'm not Layne but what I have found from personal trial and error. If you are training on a program like Dave's, doing each muscle group once a week BCAA are not as crucial to growth and recovery. Your body can process enough of your BCAA through protein drinks and food to get the job done. You still will feel the benefits from the BCAA. But on the other hand if you are training in a extreme manor, like (Insane Layne) taking BCAA make a world of difference on recovery and growth. Your body just needs more Aminos and BCAA. This is gym tested the only way I can train every thing 2 times a week is if I'm taking BCAA and Glutimine Peptides, along with 300 grams of protein from protein drinks, meat and eggs.

Comment

well I would definately get

-fasting blood glucose
                    -fasting blood insulin
                    -HDL
                    -LDL
                    -TAG
                    -cholesterol
                    -testosterone
                    -free testosterone
                    -Thyroid hormone

i believe food allergies are tested for in a different manner
                    Ah this is exactly what I needed... thanks Layne.
                    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• i am gonna get this blood test done finally, couple questions though....

these tests are usually in the morning after waking up right?
                      how much do they cost?
                      do you just ask the regular doc for them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
                        I also like the sound of Dr. Norton. That has a nice ring to it.
                        I sure hope so brother
                        BioLayne LLC
                        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Layne, great work with the thread, youv'e got some good knoledge and it really helps us guys out that arent in scientific/health fields. And on that note, as a natural would you reccomend 'slow cardio' or HIT / fast cardio for stripping fat whilst maintaining muscle?

And if you suggest fast cardio is there types of foods u should have before and after cardio to maintain msucle size, ie simple or complex carbs after cardio...?

also whats your thoughts on doing cardio after 45 min weight session? do you eat something after weights and before cardio? do you take ur protein shake in between the weights and cardio?

thnaks for the help

Comment

• Originally posted by AllGenetix View Post
                            i am gonna get this blood test done finally, couple questions though....

these tests are usually in the morning after waking up right?
                            how much do they cost?
                            do you just ask the regular doc for them?
                            I inquired yesterday and I was told I had to get a physical first so I scheduled it for tm. I will get the blood test done after this and let you know what the deal is.
                            NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Originally posted by White_Goodman View Post
                              Layne, great work with the thread, youv'e got some good knoledge and it really helps us guys out that arent in scientific/health fields. And on that note, as a natural would you reccomend 'slow cardio' or HIT / fast cardio for stripping fat whilst maintaining muscle?

And if you suggest fast cardio is there types of foods u should have before and after cardio to maintain msucle size, ie simple or complex carbs after cardio...?

also whats your thoughts on doing cardio after 45 min weight session? do you eat something after weights and before cardio? do you take ur protein shake in between the weights and cardio?

thnaks for the help
                              Have you checked out his pre-contest article on bb.com

Most of your answers can be found there. Id post a link but I dont know what the rules of posting links to other sites is here.

Comment

• Originally posted by White_Goodman View Post
                                Layne, great work with the thread, youv'e got some good knoledge and it really helps us guys out that arent in scientific/health fields. And on that note, as a natural would you reccomend 'slow cardio' or HIT / fast cardio for stripping fat whilst maintaining muscle?

thnaks for the help
                                Not to mention it has been answered many times already in this thread alone. Not to sound harsh, but let's give the guy a break...he does all this for nothing and takes time he doesn't even have to answer everyone. The least we can do is actually read this thread beforehand before asking things that have been answered multiple times.

Sporto
                                IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
                                Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Comment

Working...
                                X