Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• depends on what kind of cardio session... high or low intensity?
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• 30minutes of low intensity
      "Leg Day Is Business"
      Layne Norton

Comment

• that is not taxing. won't really do jack
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
          that is not taxing. won't really do jack
          alright, ill just use a lil xtend to have something to drink during it

some of this!!!

layne have you tried this flavor!? it is crazy good and the color is awesome looking people kept lookin at me holdin at jug full of green stuff haha
          "Leg Day Is Business"
          Layne Norton

Comment

• Layne is there anything that shows being at a higher bodyfat %, say 13-15%, makes it harder to gain muscle mass than if someone were leaner? Even using 16-18% as the one example, and 10-12% as the leaner example.

Is there any merit to this? I mean proof thru studies/scientifically, things you are good at

Comment

• Originally posted by intolerant View Post
              Layne is there anything that shows being at a higher bodyfat %, say 13-15%, makes it harder to gain muscle mass than if someone were leaner? Even using 16-18% as the one example, and 10-12% as the leaner example.

Is there any merit to this? I mean proof thru studies/scientifically, things you are good at

im not layne and i dont know for sure but i think your body becomes more effecient at nutrient partioning when you are leaner. other than that it should be the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by intolerant View Post
                Layne is there anything that shows being at a higher bodyfat %, say 13-15%, makes it harder to gain muscle mass than if someone were leaner? Even using 16-18% as the one example, and 10-12% as the leaner example.

it really depends upon the individual and their bodyfat setpoint
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Layne , a couple questions
                  1) My arms and lats are lagging big time. I was wondering should I up my calorie intake on the days I lift back and arms?? Say post workout should I up my carbs to say 75-100 grams? (currently 187 , beginning a bulk phase). I plan to have about 40-45 grams of proteing per meal and 10- 40 carbs except post workout ususally 50-60 , and 50-70 in the morning.

2) Is it ok to do high intense cardio during bulking??

Any input is wanted from anyone looking to help , not just layne.

Thanks in advance

Comment

• i would say yes and yes but # 1 depends on how fast you are gaining weight right now?
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Layne,

I was wondering if you have any experience with Acetyl L-Carnitine? One of my training partners keeps telling me this stuff is great for recuperation and fatloss. Ever tried it?

Comment

• Layne,

Do you believe someone can change their bodyfat set point....through the process of getting down to a very low body fat and maintaining that for a period of time?

Comment

• Originally posted by sloh View Post
                          Layne,

Do you believe someone can change their bodyfat set point....through the process of getting down to a very low body fat and maintaining that for a period of time?
                          i think so but it would take a long period of dieting and a long period of maintaining that
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Hey Layne,
                            I am 5'7" 165 lbs. I have been at the same weight for a while now. I know I need to eat more, but I am having trouble taking in the amount I need to. I currently take in about 180 grams of protein and about 3000 calories. I am very lean naturally, I am just trying to get as big as possible right now. I am on a limited budget and it's hard to find the food I need. What meals would help me to get the nutrients I need
                            Thanks

Comment

• What are your thoughts on taking time off from the gym to prevent over training. One of my lifting partners will occasionally take a week off here and there, and I am now seeing that Eric(bodyfx) recommends taking time off as well. I train 5 days a week and love it, I hate having to even take the two days off a week! I do a very similar training style/split to your own and get adequate rest(8 hours), and am very conscious of getting proper nutrition/supps every day. I would like to train as much as possible as long it is beneficial and not detrimental to my gains. so what is your take on all of this?

Thanks
                              BTW- Got X-tend in the other day, the stuff taste awesome.

Comment

• i don't think more than 3-4 days off is a good idea, more than that and you can actually get atrophy from disuse. Rather, I think 1-2 weeks of deloading: do your normal routine but lift 60-70% of the weights you normally use. This is light enough to allow you to recover mentally & physically & give the joints a break but heavy enough to prevent atrophy
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X