Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mostly constant with 2 refeed days per week
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      mostly constant with 2 refeed days per week
      that was my next question, so 1 refeed day per week, (low fat, high carb, moderate protein?)
      should it also be higher overall calories?

could you maybe give out the macro percentages for bulk/cut/refeeds?

Comment

• yes
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

yes
          do you know macro percentages off hand?

Comment

• i do not use %s to figure out pro/carb/fat intake
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

i do not use %s to figure out pro/carb/fat intake
              so your more concerned with overall calories? how did you come to get what you are taking in?

Comment

• pretty sure i've posted about it before... anyone know where the posts are?
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Hey Layne, hope you're well. Just wondering whether you put your clients on the 4 week bulk, 2 week cut, or is it something you only do yourself?

Comment

• Layne check your PM
                    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

pretty sure i've posted about it before... anyone know where the posts are?
                      Sorry, I honestly did look. Here and bb.com. I understand you are very busy though, I will look again.

Thanks.

Comment

• I believe that Layne got to his caloric total via trial and error His bodybuilding.com/fun/layne2 article has his suggested macro breakdown. In a much earlier post here hs said that he still uses those guidelines, but that the protein was a little high. I think he meant the carbs, since protein was 1 g per lb, up to 1.5 g per lb, and carbs were 2.5-3 g per lb. Fat intake was .3-.4 g per lb.

At some point, one of us needs to go through the whole thread and make a Layne Norton FAQ to sticky here. Perhaps a free tub of Xtend might make people more motivated to do that . . .
                        I min/max my physique

Comment

• Originally posted by west View Post
                          Hey Layne, hope you're well. Just wondering whether you put your clients on the 4 week bulk, 2 week cut, or is it something you only do yourself?
                          typically yes, but it is different for each different person depending on their goals, metabolism, age, etc.
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Spiko View Post
                            I believe that Layne got to his caloric total via trial and error His bodybuilding.com/fun/layne2 article has his suggested macro breakdown. In a much earlier post here hs said that he still uses those guidelines, but that the protein was a little high. I think he meant the carbs, since protein was 1 g per lb, up to 1.5 g per lb, and carbs were 2.5-3 g per lb. Fat intake was .3-.4 g per lb.

At some point, one of us needs to go through the whole thread and make a Layne Norton FAQ to sticky here. Perhaps a free tub of Xtend might make people more motivated to do that . . .
                            whoever does that definately gets a free xtend
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

whoever does that definately gets a free xtend

not only that but they would be well educated as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Spiko View Post
                                I believe that Layne got to his caloric total via trial and error His bodybuilding.com/fun/layne2 article has his suggested macro breakdown. In a much earlier post here hs said that he still uses those guidelines, but that the protein was a little high. I think he meant the carbs, since protein was 1 g per lb, up to 1.5 g per lb, and carbs were 2.5-3 g per lb. Fat intake was .3-.4 g per lb.

Thanks a lot for that could you check that link though, I typed it in with no luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X