Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    Yea. BCAAs have been shown to enhance insulin sensitivity and if anything they have been shown to aid fat loss & muscle retention while on a diet. People have this all or nothing view of insulin... like if you release any at all it stops all fat burning everywhere... which is absolute nonsense

-Layne
    Is the main time fat storage happens when blood sugar levels are very high like 180-200+ then thats when the insulin starts fat storage. Lower levels it puts it into muscle cells and liver?

If you can clear this up for me it would be great.
    "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

Comment

• well it will go to fat if the liver and muscle glycogen are full, there will be nowhere else to put the glucose and your body will want to remove it from the blood as fast as possible so if repair and growth is needed it will go toward that but if not, it will be stored as fat

Comment

Yea. BCAAs have been shown to enhance insulin sensitivity and if anything they have been shown to aid fat loss & muscle retention while on a diet. People have this all or nothing view of insulin... like if you release any at all it stops all fat burning everywhere... which is absolute nonsense

-Layne

scivation lean mass diet for insulin control is amazing. i started adding fibrous veggies and fat to every meal to stabalize insulin and bam my body skyrocketed to new levels. not hungry all the time, decrease in BF, steady flow of nutrients and i still get lots of carbs!

Comment

• Originally posted by AllGenetix View Post
          well it will go to fat if the liver and muscle glycogen are full, there will be nowhere else to put the glucose and your body will want to remove it from the blood as fast as possible so if repair and growth is needed it will go toward that but if not, it will be stored as fat
          mostly true, but far more complex than that and something like that... it's very difficult to accurately simplify and have everything hold true
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Rzilla View Post
            1-2 months I believe
            thanks alot.

Comment

• Does XTEND have both EAA's and BCAA's ???
              Cancer SURVIVOR

"Falling isn't FAILURE, FAILURE is not getting back up"

Comment

• BCAA
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

BCAA

layne.. you have any take on keto?

Comment

• Originally posted by NowYourDeadSon View Post
                    It just so happens that I've spent the past couple hours combing through this thread to make the official Layne Norton FAQ So here's Layne's take on Keto diets:

Ketogenic diets have always been thought of as 'protein sparing' because ketones spare blood glucose which will reduce gluconeogenesis (conversion of amino acids to glucose) and ketones can be used as fuel, however ketones can only be used by aerobic metabolism. Weightlifting is quite anaerobic and studies have shown performance is very closely correlated to levels of muscle glycogen & glucose availability. Is keto a good way to lose fat very quickly? yes. But if you give yourself ample time... why not have carbs? They are not evil and are quite useful. Also keto diets will make it more difficult to fill out when it comes time to do so, it takes weeks to adapt to a ketogenic diet, so when you come off of keto it will take weeks to adapt to carbohydrates back in the diet and so if you are trying to carb up a few days before the show after you did keto for 12 + weeks I'm afraid you will have very little idea what to expect as you will essentially be challenging your body with something it isn't accustomed to. If you choose to do a ketogenic diet and not re-introduce carbohydrates, I would do a moderate protein/fat load and only increase carbs very slightly.

-Layne
                    I'm on page 37, and I'm taking a break for a while. Hopefully I can get this done by the end of the week, assuming there isn't a barrage of questions between now and then
                    I min/max my physique

Comment

• I really appreciate that Spike. thanks so much
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Spiko View Post
                        It just so happens that I've spent the past couple hours combing through this thread to make the official Layne Norton FAQ So here's Layne's take on Keto diets:

I'm on page 37, and I'm taking a break for a while. Hopefully I can get this done by the end of the week, assuming there isn't a barrage of questions between now and then
                        Good shit dude, that sounds awesome. Fuck, that must be taking ages!

Comment

• check it!
                          http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne47.htm
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Spiko View Post

I actually made one from a thread over at bb.com from the contest prep section that layne had. It took me a while but I got it all done. Layne if you would like I can email you the word document and you can do with it as you please.

Comment

That was a pretty cool interview. I always admired Romo's tenacity on the field. Just seemed like the guy you wanted on your team.
                              He was pretty open about a lot of things that other guys get all stumbled up over.
                              Good stuff Layne
                              Assistant to the regional manager.
                              Iron8 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by NowYourDeadSon View Post
                                omg, how about a few of us split up the work, each man covers a certain number of pages, and we finally make this FAQ

edit:didn't see spiko's comment
                                Last edited by Rzilla; October 30, 2007, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X