Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    ooooh tommy's gettin' pissed off, might have to up his carbs before he kills someone
    Nah, but those extra 5 intervals were KILLER!

Sporto
    IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
    Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Comment

• Originally posted by Sporto View Post
      Nah, but those extra 5 intervals were KILLER!

Sporto

...sporto=tommy jeffers?

Comment

• Originally posted by NowYourDeadSon View Post
        ...sporto=tommy jeffers?
        That be me

Sporto

Comment

That be me

Sporto

ahhh shit son!
          couple more weeks huh?

nov 17th the big day?

Comment

• Originally posted by NowYourDeadSon View Post
            ahhh shit son!
            couple more weeks huh?

nov 17th the big day?
            Oh it sure is...and it can't come fast enough! I can literally look outside the window of my office and see Pizza Hut!

Sporto

Comment

*sigh*

Can you please re-read what I said? I'm not saying that a ketogenic diet is the most optimal way to lose fat for everyone...I'm saying that it depends on how insulin sensitive/resistant you are is a key factor in determining which dieting approach might be better. Does that study you describe take into account how insulin sensitive/resistant all the subjects were, and then draw their conclusions taking that into consideration? Because there are an awful lot of people on keto diets (think **** *******'s clients) that report significant strength gains while dieting.

Am I disagreeing with you? No. I'm a carb guy myself, and I've been working with Layne for the last 7 months. So, I obviously agree with the points on not cutting water, carbs being the primary muscle sparing macro, etc. All I was saying was that a carbohydrate based approach to dieting isn't for everyone, and that one of the key factors in determining that is one's insulin sensitivity/resistance.

And yes, research is constantly being updated, as are the views of respected people in the field on certain issues as soon as said research comes to light. You'll find that many people who claim one thing now, used to claim the opposite years ago because the research that was available. Again, I said it's a great book and that SOME aspects are severely outdated.

Geez, I hate it when people have no reading comprehension and I have to re-type everything I already wrote.

*sigh*

Sporto
              Hard to argue with the results in that avatar.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                I think some people are better with keto diets than others. I think the mental aspect cannot be discounted. Some people just mentally cannot handle carbs. That's fine, keto is probably better for them, but in my opinion, if you don't absolutely have to do keto, you are better off not doing it as it really complicated trying to properly fill someone out for a show and has not been shown to be superior to an isocaloric high protein non-ketogenic diet in peer review studies.

-Layne
                agreed

Comment

*sigh*

Can you please re-read what I said? I'm not saying that a ketogenic diet is the most optimal way to lose fat for everyone...I'm saying that it depends on how insulin sensitive/resistant you are is a key factor in determining which dieting approach might be better. Does that study you describe take into account how insulin sensitive/resistant all the subjects were, and then draw their conclusions taking that into consideration? Because there are an awful lot of people on keto diets (think **** *******'s clients) that report significant strength gains while dieting.

Am I disagreeing with you? No. I'm a carb guy myself, and I've been working with Layne for the last 7 months. So, I obviously agree with the points on not cutting water, carbs being the primary muscle sparing macro, etc. All I was saying was that a carbohydrate based approach to dieting isn't for everyone, and that one of the key factors in determining that is one's insulin sensitivity/resistance.

And yes, research is constantly being updated, as are the views of respected people in the field on certain issues as soon as said research comes to light. You'll find that many people who claim one thing now, used to claim the opposite years ago because the research that was available. Again, I said it's a great book and that SOME aspects are severely outdated.

Geez, I hate it when people have no reading comprehension and I have to re-type everything I already wrote.

*sigh*

Sporto
                  Hey now, lol. I read everything you said.. I just wrote that just for a for you information type thing, I wasn't disagreeing or anything like that. We were on the topic of keto and carbs and stuff and I just thought people in general would be interested in that study... So no you didn't need to re-write anything... my comprehension skills are just fin. You misunderstood the purpose of my post. So as layne says... get some carbs in ya, lol.
                  j/k. Good luck at your show! you look fantastic!

Comment

Oh it sure is...and it can't come fast enough! I can literally look outside the window of my office and see Pizza Hut!

Sporto
                    I hear you brother! I have an awesome mexican restaurant in the same strip my business is in...
                    www.naturaliowamuscle.com
                    www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• My computer died this morning, so the FAQ is going to be delayed until I can fix it. I'm making this post from the library right now. Hopefully I can get back to work on it soon.
                      I min/max my physique

Comment

• Originally posted by natedogg View Post
                        Hey now, lol. I read everything you said.. I just wrote that just for a for you information type thing, I wasn't disagreeing or anything like that. We were on the topic of keto and carbs and stuff and I just thought people in general would be interested in that study... So no you didn't need to re-write anything... my comprehension skills are just fin. You misunderstood the purpose of my post. So as layne says... get some carbs in ya, lol.
                        j/k. Good luck at your show! you look fantastic!
                        My bad lol...it's those extra 5 intervals I'm telling ya!

Sporto

Comment

• Originally posted by DEDICATE92 View Post
                          I hear you brother! I have an awesome mexican restaurant in the same strip my business is in...
                          MMM...mexican...

Sporto

Comment

MMM...mexican...

Sporto

forget all that, you don't know shit.. mexican.. pizza hut.. all dogshit
                            a delicious pasta alfredo and some great chicken, with some bread..
                            now THAT is a meal worth lookin forward to..
                            i can't eat anything man, keto is pretty restrictive

Comment

• lol

Comment

My bad lol...it's those extra 5 intervals I'm telling ya!

Sporto
                                it's cool bro

Comment

Working...
                                X