Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks nikki,

rod, bro I'm doing the best I can. I've only got so many hours in the day, I had not had a chance to look at the question

I think your #s are right on, but I would not go that high with a refeed... 3000 kcal for refeed is fine
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      thanks nikki,

rod, bro I'm doing the best I can. I've only got so many hours in the day, I had not had a chance to look at the question

I think your #s are right on, but I would not go that high with a refeed... 3000 kcal for refeed is fine
      Thanks so much Layne,
      I've now got it set in stone, 2,200 calories for the cut, with one day of a 3,000 cal refeed.

Comment

• no hurry on this question, just wondering:

top 3 favorite clean sources of carbs, protein, fat?

Comment

• Originally posted by NikkiBoy View Post
          Hey Lainie

I don't post here much but I do read this thread and view the Webcast show regularly. Good info in here and it's much appreciated that you take your time to reply!

That 405lbs is probably afraid of you now LOL.

Keep up the good work it doesn't go unnoted!

To show my gratitude I even run a spell check on your name before I posted.

PEACE!
          LAYNE.....SPELLS HIS NAME LIKE THIS :
          L
          A
          Y
          N
          E
          "You're either in or you're out, there's no such thing as life in between."

Comment

• Hey Layne, 2 things.

Chris Aceto says it is best to have no carbs at a post-cardio meal to eliminate the accompanying insulin spikes and its negative effect on fat loss. Comments?

Second thing is, I know you aren't a fan of fasted state cardio. What about either upon waking or post workout, consuming 10g or so of BCAA's and then performing the cardio. Does this change things at all?

Comment

• lol the ol' no carbs around cardio because you want to burn the fat. What a simplistic view of metabolism. If anything it's better to have carbs around cardio... THIS IS THE TIME YOU ARE MOST INSULIN SENSITIVE AND BEST ABLE TO DISPOSE OF CARBS... GLUT-4 is upregulated... other times of the day when you are resting is when you are less able to properly dispose of carbohydrates... so by that logic we should never eat carbs ever.

nonsense
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                lol the ol' no carbs around cardio because you want to burn the fat. What a simplistic view of metabolism. If anything it's better to have carbs around cardio... THIS IS THE TIME YOU ARE MOST INSULIN SENSITIVE AND BEST ABLE TO DISPOSE OF CARBS... GLUT-4 is upregulated... other times of the day when you are resting is when you are less able to properly dispose of carbohydrates... so by that logic we should never eat carbs ever.

nonsense
                I can testify to that Thank you for finally teaching me to surround my cardio with carbs!

Sporto
                IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
                Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Comment

• your a freak layne, that front squat is mad bro.

question, there is no such food that actually uses more calories to burn due to digestion than what the food actually contains in calories correct? I've been told by a prof in university that there is no such thing and people seem to think lettuce is a food that can achieve this.

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got

Comment

• with respect to cardio and carbs Layne. would it differ depending on type of cardio? ie. high intensity would require more carbs compared to ss low intensity not really requiring carbs for the fuel? or is this a bb myth too??

Sam

Comment

• that is true sam

as far as digestion... lettuce hardly has energy in it; but your body does get some from it; albeit very little
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• hey layne , wanted you to check out my supplement stack and let me know what i should dump/add and if you could check out the doses , not sure if im taking to much/ to little or need to add/drop

optimum nutrition multi-vit for men
                        fish oil concentrate - 8 grams a day
                        vit c - 2-3 grams a day
                        vit e - 800 iu's a day
                        green tea extract - take as label recomends , about 600mg total
                        msm - 1000mg a day
                        glucosamine - 1500mg a day
                        coral calcium - 2000 mg a day
                        creatine mono - 5 grams daily
                        whey protein - as needed

Comment

• hey layne here is a question. for a natural bodybuilder is it rough to work a bodypart 2x a week, and working out 6 days a week ?

if it is not, should the bber hit them bodyparts really hard even if they are x2.
                          i was thinking:
                          mon-tue-wed workout
                          thu- rest
                          fri-sat-sun workout

is this too much
                          No one is special, some were patient.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr House View Post
                            hey layne here is a question. for a natural bodybuilder is it rough to work a bodypart 2x a week, and working out 6 days a week ?

if it is not, should the bber hit them bodyparts really hard even if they are x2.
                            i was thinking:
                            mon-tue-wed workout
                            thu- rest
                            fri-sat-sun workout

is this too much
                            does that mmean friday to wednesday = no rest or one rest day after every 3 workout days?

Comment

• Originally posted by White_Goodman View Post
                              does that mmean friday to wednesday = no rest or one rest day after every 3 workout days?

hey you are right I didn't realize that.
                              I should take it to 5 days workout 2 day rest. The best is 4 day workout 3 day rest imho. Yeah i will do that.
                              No one is special, some were patient.

Comment

• layne does this

1. Power Upper (Coupounds, low reps, heavy weight)
                                2. Power Lower (Coupounds, low reps, heavy weight)
                                3. Hypertrophy Chest/Arms (Higher reps, more sets)
                                4. Hypertrophy Shoulders/Back (Higher reps, more sets)
                                5. Hypertrophy Legs (Higher reps, more sets)

rest days between 2. and 3. and then after 5. before 1.
                                "Leg Day Is Business"
                                Layne Norton

Comment

Working...
                                X