Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Grubrunner View Post
    Why have you decided to stay a "natural" and NOT join the big league with "AAS" experimentation over your career thus far, Layne?

    Did you feel like you couldn't cut it with the "big boys" no matter what AAS you took or was it something else?

    How do you feel about those who take AAS and are at present rolling in four, five or six figure supplement contracts, when that could quite possibly have been you?

    Finally, what feeling of displeasure and/or indignation, if any at all, do you hold against other bodybuilders who have elected to NOT pursue the route you chosen?

    An honest detailed answer would be appreciated.
    Well just because you don't know much about pro natural bodybuilding doesn't mean it's not the 'big leagues' as it is for natural bodybuilders. As to whether I could cut it or not with the top competitors if I took steroids... that is pure speculation and there is no way to know... so why bother speculating about it? why did I decide? Well I never really had to decide as to be honest I've never seriously considered using. to be honest it's just not for me. It's expensive, illegal, and when abused can be dangerous and like any drug it can be addicitive; not physically but certainly psycologically as I have seen this first hand. To me bodybuilding is a hobby, I love it and it's a big part of my life; but it's not my entire life. My goal was to be able to compete against the best in the world... now I can compete against the best natural bodybuilders in the world. What's wrong with that? I have absolutely NO ill will at those who choose to take steroids. None whatsoever. That is a personal choice, it is just not my choice. I have quite a few friends that use steroids; we get along fine. It's not 'the juicehead' vs. 'the snotty natural guy' like I said, bodybuilding is part of my life; not my entire life... why would I let it get in the way of having friendships with good people?

    As far as people rolling in big time supplement contracts... six figure? lol. There might be a very very very small handful rolling in six figures. I know that most guys; even with companies say like MRM; a decent size company; are lucky to get maybe 20 grand a year. I'm not going to speculate but my guess is that may not be enough to cover their bill for the year for food, drugs, travel, etc. You may or may not know this but I am sponsored by scivation and I'm not going to discuss specifics but they take care of me. I've been in several of their ads, am a co-author on their new book, work at all the big trade shows; hell I get all my expenses covered (travel, hotel, food, transportation) to go to vegas and columbus, not too shabby of a deal. I may not be getting 20 grand per year; but I'm also not spending a chunk of that on anabolics. I also have all my travel, entry fees, and supplements covered for any contests I do as well as guest posing.

    Again, I hold no ill will towards those who have chosen a different path; that's their choice. I'm not going to judge them for it. Hell I've watched the olympia the last few years as a fan, just as I watch every natural bodybuilding show as a fan. I enjoy going to local shows as much as big shows; I LOVE BODYBUILDING; just because i've chosen to compete in natural bodybuilding over IFBB bodybuilding does NOT mean I am not a fan of both. In the end bodybuilding is a personal endevor and you should be true to yourself and your motives. I have never had any desire to do steroids; I would never START doing them because I was jealous or felt jaded.

    -Layne
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

    Comment


    • #17
      Perfect response!

      Comment


      • #18
        Wow.... if all in the sport could respond in the same way. Dud e you need your own sticky.

        Comment


        • #19
          I fully agree about the sticky thing, Layne willing of course, and to his credit he seems to be keen to help out.

          Don't want to suck your dick too much Layne but that level of education and empirical experience is a valuable thing and as such we're lucky to have you around. It's all very well getting advice from people juiced to the hilt (absolutely nothing against guys who choose this route) but kind of irrelevant to the natural athlete.

          Here's a question. I noticed on a recent thread you mentioned that you do a mixture of HIIT and lower intensity cardio. With all that HIIT has going for it, why do you keep the lower intensity stuff in there as well?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            Well just because you don't know much about pro natural bodybuilding doesn't mean it's not the 'big leagues' as it is for natural bodybuilders. As to whether I could cut it or not with the top competitors if I took steroids... that is pure speculation and there is no way to know... so why bother speculating about it? why did I decide? Well I never really had to decide as to be honest I've never seriously considered using. to be honest it's just not for me. It's expensive, illegal, and when abused can be dangerous and like any drug it can be addicitive; not physically but certainly psycologically as I have seen this first hand. To me bodybuilding is a hobby, I love it and it's a big part of my life; but it's not my entire life. My goal was to be able to compete against the best in the world... now I can compete against the best natural bodybuilders in the world. What's wrong with that? I have absolutely NO ill will at those who choose to take steroids. None whatsoever. That is a personal choice, it is just not my choice. I have quite a few friends that use steroids; we get along fine. It's not 'the juicehead' vs. 'the snotty natural guy' like I said, bodybuilding is part of my life; not my entire life... why would I let it get in the way of having friendships with good people?

            As far as people rolling in big time supplement contracts... six figure? lol. There might be a very very very small handful rolling in six figures. I know that most guys; even with companies say like MRM; a decent size company; are lucky to get maybe 20 grand a year. I'm not going to speculate but my guess is that may not be enough to cover their bill for the year for food, drugs, travel, etc. You may or may not know this but I am sponsored by scivation and I'm not going to discuss specifics but they take care of me. I've been in several of their ads, am a co-author on their new book, work at all the big trade shows; hell I get all my expenses covered (travel, hotel, food, transportation) to go to vegas and columbus, not too shabby of a deal. I may not be getting 20 grand per year; but I'm also not spending a chunk of that on anabolics. I also have all my travel, entry fees, and supplements covered for any contests I do as well as guest posing.

            Again, I hold no ill will towards those who have chosen a different path; that's their choice. I'm not going to judge them for it. Hell I've watched the olympia the last few years as a fan, just as I watch every natural bodybuilding show as a fan. I enjoy going to local shows as much as big shows; I LOVE BODYBUILDING; just because i've chosen to compete in natural bodybuilding over IFBB bodybuilding does NOT mean I am not a fan of both. In the end bodybuilding is a personal endevor and you should be true to yourself and your motives. I have never had any desire to do steroids; I would never START doing them because I was jealous or felt jaded.

            -Layne
            You OUGHT to hold some ill will to those who are using steroids or those who are not enforcing the rules as they are BLATANTLY BREAKING the RULES set forth by the NPC and the IFBB.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by west View Post
              I fully agree about the sticky thing, Layne willing of course, and to his credit he seems to be keen to help out.

              Don't want to suck your dick too much Layne but that level of education and empirical experience is a valuable thing and as such we're lucky to have you around. It's all very well getting advice from people juiced to the hilt (absolutely nothing against guys who choose this route) but kind of irrelevant to the natural athlete.

              Here's a question. I noticed on a recent thread you mentioned that you do a mixture of HIIT and lower intensity cardio. With all that HIIT has going for it, why do you keep the lower intensity stuff in there as well?
              ITs a bit easier to just eat 200-400 calories less than to waste your time with those types of cardio.

              Comment


              • #22
                TA do you really think the IFBB would want to regulate the use of Gear. There poster boys of massive amount muscle would shrink. Everyone knows that there getting were they are buy using. Your asking a industry that hunts its own fans with suppliments that you just wrote an article about. The glory days of bodybuilding are gone. Buyer be ware the guy your looking at is not a product of what we are advertising but makes us look good and you yourself should use it cause he's a monster.

                For god sake there are so petty that if one guy is under contract they may not let him talk on a certan show. How pathetic is that. Bodybuilding a professional sport please.... These guys are bought and sold buy suppliment companys like cattle.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by The True Adonis View Post
                  You OUGHT to hold some ill will to those who are using steroids or those who are not enforcing the rules as they are BLATANTLY BREAKING the RULES set forth by the NPC and the IFBB.
                  true catabolic your name wasn't on this thread.
                  get out of it.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by The True Adonis
                    You aren`t 6-8 percent bodyfat at 200 lbs. Hope this helps.
                    Why can't he be 200 lbs at 6-8% bodyfat? Because this is something that YOU cannot achieve?
                    CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
                    NGA
                    PRO BODYBUILDER
                    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      TA: may I direct you to somewhere that you're input will be appreciated. http://www.musculardevelopment.com/f...ead.php?t=4108

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by bodyfx2 View Post
                        Why can't he be 200 lbs at 6-8% bodyfat? Because this is something that YOU cannot achieve?
                        No, it has nothing to do with me.

                        He is lying. I have seen his pictures before. Also, he would be 192 lbs or so at 3 percent. He would be about like Layne as he is around that weight when he competes at 3-4 percent.


                        ARe you blind or stupid? Take your pick.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          everyone chill out. Adonis you are entitled to your opinion but you will keep it civil please
                          BioLayne LLC
                          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            layne just wanted to say thanks for your prescence here as you and eric are two of the top contributors on the boards of sensible and scientific information and real world experience.
                            both of you have proven yourself time and time again by getting in fantastic shape competing and winning contests.
                            It's like a breath of fresh air amongst the other clown that infests the forums with his nonsense, lies never backs up claims doesn't compete never proves anything but that he has more time to sit typing on a computer and making googles stock rise and living in fantasy land.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by The True Adonis View Post
                              No, it has nothing to do with me.

                              He is lying. I have seen his pictures before. Also, he would be 192 lbs or so at 3 percent. He would be about like Layne as he is around that weight when he competes at 3-4 percent.


                              ARe you blind or stupid? Take your pick.
                              Well, I only reacted that way since you like to call everyone a liar even when you have NO BASIS for your claims.

                              Blind I am not...as I can "see" you clearly. And as far as being stupid...I only feel that way when I actually take the time to reply to one of your posts. Thus, today I will have to punish myself with some extra bent rows and deadlifts in the gym. Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!
                              CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
                              NGA
                              PRO BODYBUILDER
                              PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by SLOWKPLUS View Post
                                layne just wanted to say thanks for your prescence here as you and eric are two of the top contributors on the boards of sensible and scientific information and real world experience.
                                both of you have proven yourself time and time again by getting in fantastic shape competing and winning contests.
                                It's like a breath of fresh air amongst the other clown that infests the forums with his nonsense, lies never backs up claims doesn't compete never proves anything but that he has more time to sit typing on a computer and making googles stock rise and living in fantasy land.
                                Thank you for the kind words my friend. They are greatly appreciated.
                                CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
                                NGA
                                PRO BODYBUILDER
                                PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X