Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    i go where the science supports my friend
    Thank you very much for your educated answers. Not only did you answer my question, but even threw in the routine to utilize it. Thanks again.
    Assistant to the regional manager.
    Iron8 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by bbjeff86 View Post
      I guess i consider myself natural (since i've never taken any juice, illegal fat burners, or pro-hormones)... but i compete in the NPC, untested shows...

Ok, then you'll be fine.

Comment

i go where the science supports my friend
        i do higher volume as well. not super high. but this is the thing. dont limit yourself to a certain amount of sets or reps. imo these are just barriers. how many times have you done 3 sets of 10 reps but probly could have done 5 sets of 11 or 12? whenever i go to the gym the only thing that is preconceived is what excercises im gonna do. sometimes im not feelin that great and i'll only do 2 sets other times ill be flyin high and do 10 sets for things like legs. just listen to your body. be instinctive. thats what this is all about. remember your muscles dont count your brain does and if you wanna work that out theres plenty of love novels out there for you to read. or maybe you can do a nice crossword and have a cup of tea and crumpets
        2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

• yea i agree that you need to not get TOO hung up on rep/set schemes. In the end the one question you need to ask yourself is "am I working harder than the guy who will be onstage next to me"
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

2) It is very mentally tough to keep up with high volume. You will mentally burnout before you ever physically do.

-Layne
            What really helps with this is breaking the routine down into 2 parts:

Like an A and a B day...
            THE FAMILY THAT I LIVE FOR ONLY BREATHES THE AIR THAT SMELLS OF COMBAT

Comment

• If anyone cares...My post about 'Hot Rox Extreme'. I heard back from the INBA. They said it was ok. I really feel like the old days when ephedrine was 'ok'. It feels like the ephedrine/caff/asprin stack used to...if anyone is interested. Not sure if it is really working though...I am losing a little fat.

Comment

• layne

in your opinion would you say that high volume training stimulates the metabolism more than say low volume.i don't understand how someone training dc or low volume could be stimulating the metablism only working out 30-45 min a few times each week

Comment

• Originally posted by tornquad2 View Post
                  in your opinion would you say that high volume training stimulates the metabolism more than say low volume.i don't understand how someone training dc or low volume could be stimulating the metablism only working out 30-45 min a few times each week
                  if you have researched dc (intensemuscle.com) at all you would know that there are other things to the program as well besides the rest pause sets. for instance cardio is recommended every morning on an empty stomach. high doses of green tea extract. carb cut offs. things like that. there is alot more to dc than everyone thinks. i suggest going there and reading as much as possible
                  2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

• hey layne quick question on bcaa's

supposily leucine is the pwerhouse of the 3 bcaa's , is there any need tosupplement with the other 2 , i mean im straped for cash as a college student and plain leucine would be cheaper then taking bcaa's alltogether ( the 3 aminos) but do not wanna create an imbalence ect.

Comment

• Lane, just curious what you r definition of high volume is? for some its 12-15 sets for other its 20-30 sets.

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
                        hey layne quick question on bcaa's

supposily leucine is the pwerhouse of the 3 bcaa's , is there any need tosupplement with the other 2 , i mean im straped for cash as a college student and plain leucine would be cheaper then taking bcaa's alltogether ( the 3 aminos) but do not wanna create an imbalence ect.
                        leucine is what stimulates protein synthesis but isoleucine also stimulates glucose uptake, so it does have benefits, but if you are on a budget pure leucine will work fine
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by MGEORGE View Post
                          Lane, just curious what you r definition of high volume is? for some its 12-15 sets for other its 20-30 sets.
                          yea more or less. If the bodypart is a weakpoint (back/legs) it will get more sets, if it is a strength like chest, I do probably half as many sets as I do for back
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

adambombbis the question was directed to layne,one thing this site has alot of is people giving smart ass replies behind there computer.my question was for layne regarding the effects on the metabolism between high and low volume from a research point.you don't get any respect in life talking shit behind a computer

Comment

• whoa, chill out guys.

i have to disagree with dante on fasted state cardio, simply not a good idea
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Layne, since we're on the subject of bcaa's. When is the best time to supplement with them? I.e. pre-workout, during, post. I just started taking Xtend (grape flavor). That stuff tastes like Cool Aid! By a recommendation I was told to drink it during my workout, But the directions say immediately post workout. With 16oz. of post workout whey protein (ON), maltodextrin, and creatine. Another 16oz. of bacc fluid seems like a bunch of fliud at one time. Would you suggest combining them?
                                Assistant to the regional manager.
                                Iron8 approved

Comment

Working...
                                X