Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sporto View Post
    I have used cereal + skim milk pre and post both weights and cardio now every day for 7+ months of dieting...

Sporto
    cheers for that sporto

Comment

• Originally posted by liftin4God View Post
      you can have cheerios while dieting?!?!?! iv just never heard of that. iv always thought the only carbs on a diet allowed were rice n oats.
      that's what so many 'guru's' would like to brainwash you into believing
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
        hey layne , wanted you to check out my supplement stack and let me know what i should dump/add and if you could check out the doses , not sure if im taking to much/ to little or need to add/drop

optimum nutrition multi-vit for men
        fish oil concentrate - 8 grams a day
        vit c - 2-3 grams a day
        vit e - 800 iu's a day
        green tea extract - take as label recomends , about 600mg total
        msm - 1000mg a day
        glucosamine - 1500mg a day
        coral calcium - 2000 mg a day
        creatine mono - 5 grams daily
        whey protein - as needed
        way too much C; at that level you can develop uric acid stones 500mg is MORE than enough... more than 400 IU vitamin E per day has been associated with increased all cause mortality; and that is too much calcium

MORE IS NOT BETTER, BETTER IS BETTER
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by tgumpper View Post
          Layne,
          My name is Terrence. I sent you my story via email a week ago. I want to remain natural. I'm new to modern supplements. People have been suggesting I need to use steroids to get big. Thanks to you, Skip La Cour & chris Faldo I know that's not true. I'll never ever use gear!
          So now people are suggesting pro-hormones, specifically Finigenx Magnum by Pharmagenx & SUS500 by Genetic Edge Technologies. Would these be considered wrong for a natural body builder to use? If so, what alternatives would you suggest? Thanks for you time!

-Terrence
          many prohormones are just as bad as steroids in terms of side effects per dose. I would stay away
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• K layne here is a hypothetical situation for your analysis (if you don't mind of course):
            Since these things absorb slowly due to fat content, would this b OK from your viewpoint?
            meal 1 early morning: 12 whole omega 3 eggs, scrambled
            meal 2 afternoon: 1lbs. of meat, probably chicken or turkey, ground with maybe almond or some PB
            meal 3 evening: another 1lb of meat, most likely steak or ground hamburg (since it has a higher fat content, slower for the night)

on training days: 1 shake after the workout with 50g pro and 50ish g of carbs.

perhaps not "optimal" but do you see a "problem" with it??

Thanks... just curious of your opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
              way too much C; at that level you can develop uric acid stones 500mg is MORE than enough... more than 400 IU vitamin E per day has been associated with increased all cause mortality; and that is too much calcium

ok let me try this again ,

vit c - 500mg-1 gram a day
              vit e - 400 iu's a day
              msm - 1000mg a day
              coral calcium - 1000 mg a day
              whey protein - as needed

Is there anything you change or add??? in other words what would the genius mind of layne norton do? "WWLD" I just dont wanna waste my money/ hurt myself in the long run...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sporto View Post
                Cheerios about 45-60 minutes pre-workout

Sporto
                thats awesome but the lactose in the milk would kill me. id prolly shit my pants on heavy squat days.

more power to you.

Comment

ok let me try this again ,

vit c - 500mg-1 gram a day
                  vit e - 400 iu's a day
                  msm - 1000mg a day
                  coral calcium - 1000 mg a day
                  whey protein - as needed

Is there anything you change or add??? in other words what would the genius mind of layne norton do? "WWLD" I just dont wanna waste my money/ hurt myself in the long run...
                  Fast Twitch, he answered your question... lower Vit C & Calcium, keep E there (no higher than 400IU)...
                  www.naturaliowamuscle.com
                  www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• Layne I am currently doing the 2 week mini cut. (thanks again for the help)
                    I'm also using an ala supp(insulean-k) I read your article, and since we don't yet know exactly what ALA is doing. Would you recommend NOT taking ALA on the day of the carb up?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                      K layne here is a hypothetical situation for your analysis (if you don't mind of course):
                      Since these things absorb slowly due to fat content, would this b OK from your viewpoint?
                      meal 1 early morning: 12 whole omega 3 eggs, scrambled
                      meal 2 afternoon: 1lbs. of meat, probably chicken or turkey, ground with maybe almond or some PB
                      meal 3 evening: another 1lb of meat, most likely steak or ground hamburg (since it has a higher fat content, slower for the night)

on training days: 1 shake after the workout with 50g pro and 50ish g of carbs.

perhaps not "optimal" but do you see a "problem" with it??

Thanks... just curious of your opinion.
                      how much time between each meal?
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Rzilla View Post
                        Layne I am currently doing the 2 week mini cut. (thanks again for the help)
                        I'm also using an ala supp(insulean-k) I read your article, and since we don't yet know exactly what ALA is doing. Would you recommend NOT taking ALA on the day of the carb up?
                        i would take it
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post

Hey Layne I do agree with not taking massive doses But the whole Vit E causes death thing was from a study review and very flawed but it somehow made its way into the media and now even MDs are telling people Vit E kills when thats just not the case. It was WAY over exaggerated. I had to show the facts to my own medical provider who after hearing that too at a conference was telling patients (dont take Vit E supps). Me and him had good standing where we shared info like that all the time. Too bad he left the practice

A simple google I found a good review of the real facts that that annocement was way over the top.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...0/ai_n10299312

That announcement made headlines "Vitamin E kills!" lol I do agree tho 400Uis is all you need (but be sure to get d- form and mixed) not just massive straight up sythentic dl- alpha.
                          "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

Comment

• Originally posted by DEDICATE92 View Post
                            Fast Twitch, he answered your question... lower Vit C & Calcium, keep E there (no higher than 400IU)...

was just looking for what he would drop/ add

Comment

was just looking for what he would drop/ add
                              hey Fast-twitch ya updated list looks decent to me. Without knowing your background I wouldnt know what to say to like green tea, or MSM/ glucosamine. The later too are good if you have joint issues. But if you want you can drop the MSM because on a bb'ers diet your getting tons. glucosamine will take like 1-2+ months to kick on. Green Tea to me is a cutting supplement but thats me its more versatile than that. The rest I pretty much like you take everyday
                              "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

Comment

• Layne,

is there a specific reason why you recommend that tommy eat cheerios pre and post workout? faster insulin spike??? or was it just trial and error, and you found out that carb source works best with him.

i'm beginning to think that maybe oatmeal may not be a good primary carb source for my body. i get major gas from eating oatmeal, which could mean that i am allergic to it. any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X